It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god was proven, then what?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I'm a guy who is 50/50 on the whole god thing. I wish 100% I could be proven that a god exists but in reality a god just doesn't make sense in the whole grand scheme of things. More and more it seems we have all been deceived by false prophets claiming to be a god so we would worship them and give them what they want. Regardless though...having a god would be the best thing for humanity. 100% proof of no god would be the end of our demise.

100% proof of no god would be the end of our demise........and the start of our incline ?
I totally agree with you, it would be the start of a beautiful new Dawn of reason, harmony and intelligence.........

But to be honest I don't think that's what you ment was it?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tbrooks76

First, evolution doesn't rule out creation, something started it all so I wouldn't be too upset....

How would I feel if god was proven? I don't know. I don't rule out the possibility, I just personally don't buy into it either.

I guess my gut reaction would be to demand answers as to why, if there is such a god, why he/she is such a petty, vengeful and unjust god.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Like most here, i wouldn't change anything, i would be amazed of what i saw/witnessed, but my life would not change, since its God(s) purpose for me to have a brain, and im not sorry for using it and questioning everything in life and basing my beliefs/life choices on a science/evidence and not purely faith alone.

On a more subjective note, what would the Christians/Believers do if God was proven NOT to exist, and in fact, the human race and everything we know was a freak accident and actually spurred off from a 'big bang' as such?

Would your life change? Or would you still live by God(s) rules/book?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would continue to be athiest. I may be a lot of things, but I'm no hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by alex92
I would continue to be athiest. I may be a lot of things, but I'm no hypocrite.

Given advanced enough technology, any aliens could impose as Gods and there's no way we could tell. Even troll human time travelers from the far future could do this.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman

Well i would accept that god is real, if it was proven. But, I wouldn't change the way i act. If given the opportunity, i would tell god what a piece of sh** he is, and to look out because I'm coming for his job.

edit on 7-6-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

So you would react exactly as Satan did... just checking on your spirit. Carry on.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Which god of the idiots should we worship?

Zues Thor? Maybe Ra?

O wait im assuming you mean the hewbrew god.. the baby killer. The only fools that ever propose questions like this are christians.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EddyR3
On a more subjective note, what would the Christians/Believers do if God was proven NOT to exist, and in fact, the human race and everything we know was a freak accident and actually spurred off from a 'big bang' as such?

Would your life change? Or would you still live by God(s) rules/book?

I agree, this is the real question. If god were dis proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, I bet most of the extreme religious would still pretend it wasn't true, just like their denial of most science that conflicts with their belief system today. This is a sad unfortunate truth of the world. Scientific / logical people are willing to alter their beliefs if proof arises, but religious fundamentalists would not.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
If I had proof I'd want to meet with Him to ask him where the **** He's been all this time because there's been a lot of murdering going on in His name. There's also been a lot of misery spread all over the place.

It's time for our Creator to come out of the closet, so to speak.
edit on 6/7/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: CHANGED MY MIND. I DON'T WANT THE LOTTERY NUMBERS.

When God reveals the answer to this question, you will understand the purpose of this age. That time is coming and this question is precipise to wisdom.

Satan is the ruler of this age, God's time is about to arrive and all these feelings will be put into context shortly.

This is a great question and one that I am excited will soon be answered for all the world.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hektik1
Of course, if something is proven to you. You must accept it. At the same time, I don't have to agree with the concepts. I would be sad if the God that is written of in the Bible did exist. I can't agree with all of the wrong I see in it. I can't agree with creating a species that is flawed and then commanding them to behave a certain way or else burn forever, with no proof as to if its real or not. So many questions would need to be answered before I would ever consider loyalty to such a God. Real or not.

you interpretation of the God of the Bible is not accurate, but it is not meant to be accurate in this age. The purpose and design for the physical realm is perfect, we are flawed by design; and no one burns in hell for eternity. Again these thing will be understood in time by all who have ever lived or died, according to God's plan.

All will have proof and make an informed decision (in time) as to whether they desire God's way of life (the way of give) rather then the way which opposes God (the way of take) if you choose WITH proof of God to live the way that opposes God, your life will end, you will not live on forever in hell, you will cease to exist forever, it is a punishment that lasts forever, but not forever punishing.

But in this age, these things are only meant to be understood by very few, by design.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sol23

Originally posted by jhill76

In my viewpoint. I believe people would instantly act different. Many would turn to become good, so to speak. I believe he did this by design, so that all could be tested. If he was here for everyone to see, how could he properly test?

I always hear this. Why test us. What are we lab rats running around and once the experiment is finish we get thrown away with armageddon and then a new test gets started. How close am I to the cheese in the maze?

If God was proven, then as stated before he would have alot of explaining to do. Right after he stops everyone from going nuts.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Sol23 because: (no reason given)

Because you were created a free mind, able to choose for yourself what is right and what is wrong, but all things that go against God's law of happiness and peace, lead to suffering and war. You have to learn for yourselves that your way of life apart from God leads to destruction, and God's way of life leads to peace. That way you CHOOSE willingly to obey the great God of Creation.

Sometimes the only way for a child to learn the stove is hot (leads to pain), no matter how many volumes of books are written about it, is to let the child touch the stove and feel the pain for themselves. This age is meant to learn beyond any doubt that selfishness leads to pain and we are naturally selfish beings designed that way so as to overcome that nature and transform over time into something different.

This age was designed to teach us our nature and what it leads to (Armegeddon). So we can learn to want to live God's way rather then selfishly.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman

I would never follow a person / entity / energy that has ‘overseen’ us & still caused so much grief and suffering throughout the world for whatever crazy reason they have.

Mankind's selfish thinking is the cause of mankinds suffering.

There is a plan, for us to be saved from ourselves.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

I would never follow a person / entity / energy that has ‘overseen’ us & still caused so much grief and suffering throughout the world for whatever crazy reason they have.

God Bless,

So, mankind is to blame for upwards of 9 million children each year dieing before the age of 5? These children were not killed by man, they were killed by Natural disasters, viruses, cancers, etc.

Are you willing to tell me convincingly and comfortably that God deemed these things 'ok' because someone scrumped an apple from a tree?
edit on 8-6-2012 by Daemonicon because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon

Originally posted by ElohimJD

God Bless,

So, mankind is to blame for upwards of 9 million children each year dieing before the age of 5? These children were not killed by man, they were killed by Natural disasters, viruses, cancers, etc.

Are you willing to tell me convincingly and comfortable that God deemed these things 'ok' because someone scrumped an apple from a tree?

When you understand the whole plan of God, from begining to end and not just this age's part in it you will undersand the innocent that die in this age, have a more merciful path to God's way of life then those that live in this age of man ruled by Satan. They are not dead forever, and there is a plan for them to live a full life in time.

In this age lenth of life often leads to mastering selfish thinking (evil). Which requires more of your ego to overcome when the truth and proof of God is made manifest.

The apple is not to blame, God didn't react to Adam and Eve, He knew they would choose what they chose and that this age would have to occur, because He designed mankind physically, and physical beings are meant to think selfishly from birth. How many seconds after life begins, do babies start crying cause they want things? This is not the baby's fault it is the baby's nature by design.

In fact for a majority of mankind the proof talked about in this thread will not occur until you are resurrected to physical life a second time in a different age, ruled by God and Jesus Christ as King of Kings and the Elohim of God, the Kingdom of God on Earth; 1000 years from this year.

The proof will be you living again after experiencing death (something only God can do), in order for the next phase of God's plan to come about, the learning that God's way of life always leads to happiness and peace (the purpose of THAT age), it is the second death after your second life that ends your existance, gladly very few will choose to go against God and perish in that age, when the proof you are all debating here lays in your mind.

This age prooves mankind's way (what seems right to us) is selfish and leads to pain.

The age to come after the resurtrection to life a second time (great white thrown; after the 1000 year reign of Jesus) prooves that God's way of life is selfless and always leads to joy.

This is the only way to make free morale beings willingly choose to obey their creator. But in God's perfect plan and timing.

God Bless,
edit on 8-6-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loglady

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I'm a guy who is 50/50 on the whole god thing. I wish 100% I could be proven that a god exists but in reality a god just doesn't make sense in the whole grand scheme of things. More and more it seems we have all been deceived by false prophets claiming to be a god so we would worship them and give them what they want. Regardless though...having a god would be the best thing for humanity. 100% proof of no god would be the end of our demise.

100% proof of no god would be the end of our demise........and the start of our incline ?
I totally agree with you, it would be the start of a beautiful new Dawn of reason, harmony and intelligence.........

But to be honest I don't think that's what you ment was it?

Oops. It would be the start but I think you understood what I meant

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This will make you think.................

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Why do you stipulate that it must be proven without dough......... .?

en.wikipedia.org...

Am I missing something?

A dough less God means that only the Gluten Free will be saved.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky

Why do you stipulate that it must be proven without dough......... .?

en.wikipedia.org...

Am I missing something?

A dough less God means that only the Gluten Free will be saved.

hahahahahaha! Best response to a typo I've seen yet.

At least you didn't morph into a grammar nazi, but used humor to make a point.

Good one

edit on 8-6-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good,God
Evil,Devil

We play name games,with things unproven. It all boils down to Faith.

I always find it Ironic,that those in ancient days,that spoke to God,were prophets.
Nowadays,People who speak to God,are called, crazy.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

When you understand the whole plan of God

Im sorry but this crops up more often than not when Religious believers are questioned over Diseased children, disabled people, amputees etc etc, and the answer is always the same "Its part of God's plan"

So the immediate response is "What is God's plan"?

To that response, which i have had numerous times is "You wont understand, its God's plan, but you will find out soon enough"

So, going back to it, what is the purpose for the suffering in God's plan? Im not going to sit here and spout about how bad God's plan seems, and again, it was God's option to give us a free-thinking intelligent mind, but to my free-thinking intelligent mind, God's plan sucks so far and i dont see any real purpose or an rational purpose as to why so many people should suffer, because Eve done a 'boo-boo' and ate an apple as dictated to by a talking snake. If you ask me, it all sounds a bit....un-Godly so far.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join