It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god was proven, then what?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I posted this on another post, but thinking about it, I wanted to see it as it's own thread just to get opinions.
This not a debate about creation or evolution, more of personal curiosity question.

I believe in God, and if someone proved to me without a dough, 100% evolution was real, I would admit I would be...disappointed, but I would move on and except it without too much complaining. Thats an honest answer, to best I believe I can prodict my own feelings, but you never know till it happens.

Now for the atheist and/or agnostic, I know its very much a hypothetical questions but...
If someone or something came along tomorrow that 100% without a dough proved God was real how would you feel about it.

Please, think about it for real, and try to answer honest, you found out God was real, Whats the reaction?

ok seen some post asking about evolution and creation...

NO!!!!
...lets not go to what theory is right or wrong, or talk about evolution vs creation. That another topic all together
I just want to know how most atheist would feel if all of sudden God was a real to them.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: because

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tbrooks76

In my viewpoint. I believe people would instantly act different. Many would turn to become good, so to speak. I believe he did this by design, so that all could be tested. If he was here for everyone to see, how could he properly test?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
God would have a LOT of explaining to do.

I'm serious.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

How do you know God didn't use evolution to create everything?

And If he was real I'd be real happy.
Then I'd go back to work the next day.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
so what you are saying is that The Theory of Evolution and God are mutually exclusive?

This is the first time I heard this angle.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'd still think it's a lie.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Why do you believe God and evolution can't co-exist?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
NO!!!!
...lets not go to what theory is right or wrong, or talk about evolution vs creation. That another topic all together

I just want to know how most atheist would feel if all of sudden God was a real to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I guess it would really depend on which God. But generically, I would have to agree with Smyleegrl.

God would have a LOT of explaining to do.

I'm serious.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well i would accept that god is real, if it was proven. But, I wouldn't change the way i act. If given the opportunity, i would tell god what a piece of sh** he is, and to look out because I'm coming for his job.

edit on 7-6-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

like what?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

In my viewpoint. I believe people would instantly act different. Many would turn to become good, so to speak. I believe he did this by design, so that all could be tested. If he was here for everyone to see, how could he properly test?

I agree

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman

Well i would accept that god is real, if it was proven. But, I wouldn't change the way i act. If given the opportunity, i would tell god what a piece of sh** he is, and to look out because I'm coming for his job.

edit on 7-6-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

lol... I would understand being mad at God, but really....Hey you, creator of everything your a piece of sh--.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Which God?

If you're talking about the Christian God, then I'd end up burning in hell for an eternity for not accepting Jesus Christ as my savior.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Evolution wouldnt prove that.... You still would have to prove evolution of evolution and yadayada...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Which God?

If you're talking about the Christian God, then I'd end up burning in hell for an eternity for not accepting Jesus Christ as my savior.

as an atheist, any god

but curiosity has got me, what so wrong with Jesus,
edit on 7-6-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: typeo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I believe in a creature but not that what the bible depicts that was just written by man,and coincidentally kept people in check and under control.even the most holiest priest and such have even broke the 1st commandment by starting wars in the name of god and killing.there is also a lot of missing links in the bible, like how the dinosaurs and other billion year old fossil's was not mentioned once, you would think god would tell us about the life forms that thrived before us.

yet the bible tells a mystical story that the earth was created in 7 days and god created a garden and created Adam and eve.and so on.

dinosaur bones are solid proof of evolution alone,and the reason they aren't mentioned in the bible is because the first dinosaur skeleton was discovered unto the 1920s i believe.

other proof is we have a tail bone and share 99% the same DNA as a chimp,I believe some where in evolution there was a genetic mess up in monkey sex that created humans or we was genetically engineered by aliens.both theories are far more likely than religion lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Why do you believe God and evolution can't co-exist?

Because both the church and the scientific community insist they are at diametrically opposite ends of the spectrum.

It will be that way until science and spirituality becomes indistinguishable. We're getting there.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, if it was the angry genocidal Christian God that the Bible describes, then I suppose I'd try to find a way to join the resistance movement, and at least make sure that I don't end up in God's house after I die. I don't want anything to do with that petty malicious being.
edit on 7-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You need to define what God is? God as in the Universe? God as in christian God? God as a collective consious? Snake God? Zeus? Which god is proven real? I would have to know which of the many gods that came before and after the modern religions you are refering to before I could tell you then what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join