It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides are surging among US troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The 146 suicides for active-duty troops in the first 148 days of the year far outdistance the U.S. forces killed in action in Afghanistan — about 50 percent more — according to Pentagon statistics obtained by The Associated Press.

This is terrible! Not only are we still at war (always will be) these wars have put so much strain on the troops fighting them that they are choosing to take their own life. This is just among active duty troops. I wonder how many War on Terror veterans have committed suicide? We need to end this, but unfortunately it looks like we will soon be involved in more fighting in Syria, and Iran. This is rediculous!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
or perhaps they are being suicided after they complete missions that they didn't want to? i wonder how many soldiers have stood up to their masters and been severely "punished"???

kinda like that helicopter with SEAL team 6...
edit on 6/7/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Lithium salts. Give them the lithium salts. Take the lithium salts add to water enhanced with fluoride and drink up. Mmmm kool-aid.

Problem solved.

No wait. Now they won't fight and kill anyone else anymore either.

Uhmm... bath salts. Yes give them bath salts and lithium salts and just fluoridate it. Forget the water.

Good... problem solved. Now they wont kill themselves or anyone else. They will just zombie out and eat faces off.

Zombie wars. Sounds like a winner.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Lithium salts. Give them the lithium salts. Take the lithium salts add to water enhanced with fluoride and drink up. Mmmm kool-aid.

Problem solved.

No wait. Now they won't fight and kill anyone else anymore either.

Uhmm... bath salts. Yes give them bath salts and lithium salts and just fluoridate it. Forget the water.

Good... problem solved. Now they wont kill themselves or anyone else. They will just zombie out and eat faces off.

Zombie wars. Sounds like a winner.

Nice to see you can make a sick joke about people killing themselves. Let's see you do five or six tours of duty like our soldiers are doing and see what kind of mental shape you are in.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

The 146 suicides for active-duty troops in the first 148 days of the year far outdistance the U.S. forces killed in action in Afghanistan — about 50 percent more — according to Pentagon statistics obtained by The Associated Press.

This is terrible! Not only are we still at war (always will be) these wars have put so much strain on the troops fighting them that they are choosing to take their own life. This is just among active duty troops. I wonder how many War on Terror veterans have committed suicide? We need to end this, but unfortunately it looks like we will soon be involved in more fighting in Syria, and Iran. This is ridiculous!

When our country is fighting another countries wars then they could careless how many of our soldiers die or how they die.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

This is truly terrible and it has been continuing this way for a long time, 6 years anyway by my count. If you send a person on a mission that at first they believe in, but then find out the truth that the mission was a lie, it's bad enough. But if you killed "combatants" in that mission for lie, it's worse because they were probably just defending themselves as you would on your own soil. You end up with the realization that you were the aggressor because of a lie that you were gullible or naive enough to believe. If innocents died by your hand in a mission that was a lie, imagine how you would feel, at least if you have a conscience. The cause of these suicides I expect is not campaign nor the duty, it is the lie perpetrated by our governments and their handlers in the international banking cartel.

BTW, everyone you kill has parents, grandparents, usually has siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, etc., just like you an me and everyone else. Even when the reasons are right and you can justify them in your own head, you still question yourself long after the fact, could you have done things differently? I still question after more than 20 years.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Nice to see you can make a sick joke about people killing themselves. Let's see you do five or six tours of duty like our soldiers are doing and see what kind of mental shape you are in.

But... I was reading all the posts from all the (american) posters saying that all that battle time makes your soldiers stronger, battle hardened and battle experienced. And that they can mop the floor with any other military in the world.

Sounds like they are mopping the floor with themselves right now. I suppose all that battle time is actually making your soldiers battle weary and battle fatigued. Is it any surprise they off themselves when they cannot see any other end to their problem?

Now I was offering a solution to a problem. Cannot be any worse than doping them up on anti psychotics or anti depressants can it? You thought it was a joke. I am serious.

Because I have no empathy or sympathy for their plight, I am the bad one? Piss off. That is life.. deal with it.

Now seeing as how you have so much care for them in you. Why don't you save them from their plight. Get off your internet, get out of your armchair, go outside find the solution and end their miseries before they end it themselves. Inaction is an action (I like that one makes sense and no sense all at the same time. Yet still cannot be misunderstood.)

Damn carebear.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Being lied to and forced to take another persons life. A life who you did not know personally can really take its toll on a persons mind, heart, and soul.
Many of our warriors went into this with a good heart. Thought what they where doing was the right thing to do.

But when the truth of murder comes to roost. You are going to have people who start to doubt not only themselves but the very people who put them in that place to begin with.

Our government sends men and women out to murder innocent men and women. Children!!
After you have killed a few innocent kids, guilt would start to kick in. And this guilt would have much to do with why this is going on.

There are many other factors to put into this mix. But to me personally. Its the killing of innocent women and children that are putting them in this mindset.

Its a damn shame really. And it is very sad. That the very people who sent them to their deaths. Are the very people now giving them the middle finger!!!
A final F#$%K you!!!

Right now, there are enough people willing to do the dirty biz of killing. But once those people are dried up, and used, they will be replaced by more ready to murder, kill and mame others. Hence the cycle will keep on going.

Until the warriors of this nation understand one thing. You are not protecting anyone here in the USA by murdering and killing other people in other countries. No you are making it worse by doing what you are told to do.
Germany did the same thing. And those warriors Said.. I was only following orders.
How many US warriors can say the same thing.. They where simply following orders.

And those very orders went against everything they where taught was right.
Suddenly they find themselves serving an evil and vile agenda, that murders and kills the innocent in the name of freedom and what not.
For every bad guy killed. 2-3 innocent people are slain.. WTF!!

So when you have those numbers.. You will have people killing themselves. Out of guilt and that they knew the difference between right and wrong, and they made the choice to murder and kill.
Thus they have to try and live with those choices. Can't be easy..
And my heart goes out them..
But then again, my heart does not go out to them, As they killed and murdered the innocent.
A hard one to talk about or even judge. So many factors.. But what I just wrote was my main point.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
or perhaps they are being suicided after they complete missions that they didn't want to? i wonder how many soldiers have stood up to their masters and been severely "punished"???

kinda like that helicopter with SEAL team 6...
edit on 6/7/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)
yeah, thats exactly what happend...what a twonk

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just wait until we "bring the troops home". Theyll sadly find out there are no jobs...and they shouldve probably stayed in the miltary. Its more reliable...and is a paycheck.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Or maybe it is because the antidepressants (SSRI type) are causing this as they had done with me,a veteran.
They keep you calm,dead calm,numb calm.Then one day you are nuked with feelings either because you missed doses or you brain compensates.You think you are going mad and then it gets far worse as the fear kicks in.
When you reach critical mass that is when you loose it or you stop.Weed got me on a decent level.
As to the killing,each has his own way of dealing with ghosts,But you should have known about that BEFORE you ever pick up a gun.Part of you dies too that is the deal.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I don't get our government they spend billions in defense but they can't take care of the troops after the fact. I would think with all the money they spend they could spend something, anything on this problem and get the troops some help.

top topics

join