It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

N.Y. lottery winners gain hurts his hometown

page: 1
8

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
N.Y. lottery winners gain hurts his hometown


John Kutey's $28.7 million share of the $319 million Mega Millions prize in 2011 may lead to a mega cut in state aid for the Green Island Union Free School District.


What a messed up situation they got themselves into. One person wins the lottery and the state cuts education aid for everybody. The system is just ridicules. The lottery is suppose to help the school districts, how is this helping?





posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Business as usual in America I'm afraid. You're forgetting the fact that our government hates us.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1
 


Perhaps this guy should take his 28 million and open up a private school for his neighborhood only, and hire great teachers (pay them well) and see the kids in his neighborhood grow to do great things.

But that probably won't happen.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1
 


Chicago backroom Mafia Government...gonna get their slice of the pie, no matter what.

Des



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by maxella1
 


Chicago backroom Mafia Government...gonna get their slice of the pie, no matter what.

Des


They always do by taxing the crap out of them



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
They were looking for a reason to cut funding, and they found one. Another example of our government working for itself, instead of the people who employ them. Us.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What he should do is sell his home in the school district to a family member or good friend for a very minimal price, say $1. Then go purchase another house in another district, rent that one out and then proceed to rent his former home from his buddy for about a $1 a month. That way the school district doesn't cut the much needed funding.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamreader
What he should do is sell his home in the school district to a family member or good friend for a very minimal price, say $1. Then go purchase another house in another district, rent that one out and then proceed to rent his former home from his buddy for about a $1 a month. That way the school district doesn't cut the much needed funding.


I doubt that he will even live in that town anymore



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by maxella1
 


Perhaps this guy should take his 28 million and open up a private school for his neighborhood only, and hire great teachers (pay them well) and see the kids in his neighborhood grow to do great things.

But that probably won't happen.


In other words, instead of winning and getting ahead, he replaces government schooling, and his win becomes government revenue?

Would the Rockefellers and banksters/gangsters do that?

I know lotteries are fixed, but don't forget its the poor and middle class that buy the tickets, and they really hate ordinary people slipping in a win don't they.

Now you're suggesting any win for an ordinary person should become the governments tax resource money instead.


Im very idealistic but that actually made me quite angry.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Its not his fault this has happened. Im sure if he has lived there for a few years and feels that sense of community he might do something nice. But honestly since i've gotten to america i've never felt that and if i won i wouldn't feel at all obligated i would of course do charity work and i've had plans on what i would do if i won millions, like im sure loads have.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Honestly, it is time to end the current public education model. With a PC and a halfway decent internet connection, it is very easy to get a first through twelfth and even a college level education for much less expense.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


With the internet, you could get a k-12 education in about 3 or 4 years probably.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


With the internet, you could get a k-12 education in about 3 or 4 years probably.


Or a "bachelors degree" in 3 weeks with $50 and a self addressed envelope!
Yeah, i get those stupid emails all the time!



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


With the internet, you could get a k-12 education in about 3 or 4 years probably.



Although I think that public schools suck at educating I think it's important for the kids to socialize with other kids from different backgrounds. You take that away and it will probably create even more divided anti social generation than we already have. In my opinion.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99
 


I said private school. Not public.




top topics



 
8

log in

join