It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I did not want to make a thread today but i was surfing YouTube and i stumbled on this and its really somthing else and its worthy of your attention

Americans are really becoming stupider and its a shame I can see it in the classrooms and by the way kids today act

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, now it makes a lot of sense. I'm hoping that Wisconsin is the start of taking education back from those who want zombies to those who actually care. I'm so glad my son never fell victim to this horrid education system. I fell sorry for the kids who have parents who just don't care.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So funny how many people I know, who have school age children. And they have had teachers, inform them that they feel there children need Ritalin, or some other hyperactive reduction suppliment. And am glad that each and everyone of them have gone against that request. So sad that our educators would so often choose the easy way out and demonize children.

This video rings of truths, children do seem dumber, I do what I can for my daughter who's 7 I got an Ipad in home, have the Khan Academy program on there, and do the problems with her, and as well have an account for myself to show and lead by example in the fact that we should never stop learning...
SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was one of those kids that was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and I have my mother to thank for telling those doctors (quacks) that they can go ahead and turn those pills into suppository
These drugs are extremely powerful and shouldn't be used on anyone let alone a child who is "overly energetic" without undergoing the utmost scrutiny. EVERY kid get's bored at school and starts to day dream, I know I sure did, but because a kid is bored in school doesn't mean you can pump them full of mood altering drugs. There are a lot of things teachers should do like get creative and make things more interesting rather than get lazy and sweep it under the pharmaceutical rug. When did it become OK to alter the very thoughts and emotions that were normal feel only a quarter of a decade ago?

This only begins to scratch the surface of what is deliberately distributed in our food supply to make us docile, easy to coerce and generally unobservant. It's working.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My nephew wrote a really cute story when he was in the 6th grade. It was funny and creative, but had numerous spelling, punctuation errors and I'm not even going to get into sentence structure. I brought the errors to his attention and he told me exactly what the child in this video was told. Spelling didn't matter, blah, blah, blah. It mattered to me, so I made him correct all the errors. His children are being home schooled.

You can read this and other forum, webpages, etc. and see that the dumbing down has been successful.

new topics

top topics

join