U.S. helicopter believed shot down in Afghanistan; 2 killed

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

U.S. helicopter believed shot down in Afghanistan; 2 killed

www.cnn.com

The United States believes one of its armed helicopters was shot down over Afghanistan on Wednesday, killing both crew members on board, a U.S. military official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One of my friends from high school was in that helicopter. I went to a small, private school and my graduating class was 20 students - he was in the class below me and his father was my math and physics teacher. He leaves behind a wife and two young boys.

I think that this is a reminder of how we are still losing troops over in Afghanistan and Iraq, and how it can affect civilian life, even here in the states. I'm only in my 20's, so I don't have friends / people I know die that often.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I think that this is a reminder of how we are still losing troops over in Afghanistan

Yes and its a reminder of why we should get the hell out of there, theres really no reason to be there anymore.
Ridiculous waste of human lives.

No offense meant and my condolences

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Darkbake,

My condolences for your lost classmate, and for his family he left behind.. If you need anything, Im here for you.
Your friend, Katharos

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sure it wasn't a malfunction? We probably lose more helis to friendly fire and malfunctions than enemy fire...but then I could be wrong..

Plus why are we even using helis anymore when a drone can do the job easily..

All you do is have a CIA op team on the ground. Spot target, mark it and then it gets droned.

Much more surgical.
edit on 083030p://6America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2012 20:21:03 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I am very sorry for your loss and for his family.

I went to school with a kid that lost his life there last summer. He was working at a checkpoint and someone threw a grenade in the middle of a group of people. He saved this lives of nearly 20 people by jumping on it before it exploded.

Too many kids have lost their lives over there. I can't even begin to imagine how many civilians have been killed, injured, or had their lives irreversibly changed because of the military being over there. Picking up and suddenly leaving won't be pretty for anyone, but it will allow the natural ways of life over there to return to normal quicker than us just slowly leaving.

join