It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder Claims Emails Using Words ‘Fast and Furious’ Don’t Refer to Operation Fast and Furious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
cnsnews.com...

What a bad liar this guy is! Confronted with the truth he holds on to his false claim.

Under questioning from Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who read excerpts of the emails at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Justice Department oversight, Holder claimed that the phrase “Fast and Furious” did not refer to Fast and Furious but instead referred to another gun-walking operation known as “Wide Receiver.”

see link for video

According to source, Holder made this testimony to the House Judiciary Committee hearing on Justice Department oversight today.

This isn't a matter of stretching the truth, it is asking the American citizen to swallow a whopper. He just gave them more ammo to charge him with contempt, perjury. Shouldn't he be charged with that also?

edit on 6/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Unbelievable..this reminds me of " it all depends on what the definition of "is" is.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Unbelievable..this reminds me of " it all depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Frankly, I'd like for you to define the usage of "definition" in this case, before we go any further.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Holder is the worst cabinet member of any president I can remember. His entire time there has been spent on nothing but politics. Yes I realize they all do this, but this man is the highest law officer in the land and has duties to the American people. Gun control, immigration, voter fraud and intimidation, white collar crimes. We need to have some one who will atleast spend a little time on our interest.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be grand if Holder's voice were analyzed for stress and lying indicators then the findings made public? Hmmm... maybe we should do that for all politicians. Times are sad when the phrase "A man's word is his bond." means less than chicken poop.
edit on 7-6-2012 by dreamreader because: oopsie

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No, of course not. We so stupid.... Just put you head back down and follow the stupid herd.....

What a disgrace this man is.

What is even more upsetting is that US Rep ISSA is having problems getting Dems on board for any impeachment hearing----which I think is possibly good come 2012 election. for the Republicans.

I bet you my bottom dollar if it was Holders son or something like alike that was murdered on the job by Guns a Republican Administration was responsible for... there would be a calling for riots in the streets... "No Peace No Justice attitude..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Okay, so if we take his word that he didn't know anything and can't remember anything, shouldn't he be fired anyway for incompetence? We wouldn't have to go through the cat and mouse game of trying to figure out how responsible he is because he has already shown that he either isn't in control or is a liar.

If I had control it would go something like this, "okay, so you have no idea what went on?"
"none. I don't remember anything but I can't be sure."
"You're fired."

Sure he won't really get justly punished, but we wouldn't have to deal with a liar.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamreader
Wouldn't it be grand if Holder's voice were analyzed for stress and lying indicators then the findings made public? Hmmm... maybe we should do that for all politicians. Times are sad when the phrase "A man's word is his bond." means less than chicken poop.

The problem with psychopaths, though, is that they can easily beat stress analyzers and lie detectors and such. Unlike the rest of us, they don't distinguish between "lie" and "truth" per se. They don't display any stress when telling a huge, thumping lie....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

The problem with psychopaths, though, is that they can easily beat stress analyzers and lie detectors and such. Unlike the rest of us, they don't distinguish between "lie" and "truth" per se. They don't display any stress when telling a huge, thumping lie....

True, but you don't have to be some sort of savant to be able to tell this goon is trying to save his own neck. Just watch a child try to cover up the truth and you'll realize that the resemblance is uncanny.

I'd throw money at Issa if he just looked him square in the eye and said "look, Holder, cut the #."

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I love circular logic.

Eric HOlder is a moron and is going to end up in Jail if he doesn't cut the crap and admit that the administration is carrying on a proxy war in Mexico against the government.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

True, they can be beaten. But the idea and the added stress of knowing that is what he would face would be interesting enough. Eventually all lies are unearthed due to the simple fact that too many lies need to be told to cover up the original lie and time eventually lets the good ol' Freudian slip out.

Tap dancing on ice is not a good idea, eventually you'll fall.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I sent the link to Drudge and they are running the story from the source I sent. It's at the top of the page!

www.drudgereport.com...

Co-incidence? I don't care, just glad they are telling the story.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Mole helps Rep. Issa whack Justice Dept.

thehill.com...

With the help of a mole, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has turned the tables on Attorney General Eric Holder.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I sent the link to Drudge and they are running the story from the source I sent. It's at the top of the page!

www.drudgereport.com...

Co-incidence? I don't care, just glad they are telling the story.

awesome,

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That was the MSM's cue to begin airing the story with the spin of pointing fingers at another administration for the criminal activity of this administration.
Deflect, spin, blame.
Maybe they are becoming the party of transparency after all.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

True, they can be beaten. But the idea and the added stress of knowing that is what he would face would be interesting enough. Eventually all lies are unearthed due to the simple fact that too many lies need to be told to cover up the original lie and time eventually lets the good ol' Freudian slip out.

Tap dancing on ice is not a good idea, eventually you'll fall.

Well said. I withdraw my contrarian view.

Yes, he does know he's lying. I think he also knows that it's mostly a big show, and that it's unlikely anyone will be seriously punished. (The President can commute any punishment he might get; it's been done many times before.) Right now I think he's just doing his best to cover for his boss--hoping it will all go away and the public will have forgotten about it before the elections....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

thehill.com...

With the help of a mole, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has turned the tables on Attorney General Eric Holder.

Not very classy of TheHill.com to refer to a whistle-blower as a mole. The title reminded me of the game "Whack a Mole." perhaps that image is what they were going for.

Interesting development. Holder is in deep doo doo.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

thehill.com...

Not very classy of TheHill.com to refer to a whistle-blower as a mole. The title reminded me of the game "Whack a Mole." perhaps that image is what they were going for.

Interesting development. Holder is in deep doo doo.

True, he is. Unfortunately POTUS has the ultimate pooper scooper, Holder will get any wiped off him before Obama leaves office. That's why Holder is cool as a cucumber on the stand. He knows his arse is covered.

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Under questioning from Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who read excerpts of the emails at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Justice Department oversight, Holder claimed that the phrase “Fast and Furious” did not refer to Fast and Furious but instead referred to another gun-walking operation known as “Wide Receiver.”

Read bout this earlier and really ?

Did Holder expect people to be that dumb?

Guess he did.

This post does not mean what you think it means.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join