It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Fund Stolen By Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — After the 2001 terrorist attacks, California lawmakers sought a way to channel the patriotic fervor and use it to help victims' families and law enforcement. Their answer: Specialty memorial license plates emblazoned with the words, "We Will Never Forget."

Part of the money raised through the sale of the plates was to fund scholarships for children of California residents who perished in the attacks, while the majority — 85 percent — was to help fund anti-terrorism efforts.

But a review by The Associated Press of the $15 million collected since lawmakers approved the "California Memorial Scholarship Program" shows only a small fraction of the money went to scholarships. While 40 percent has funded anti-terror training programs, $3 million was raided by Gov. Jerry Brown and his predecessor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, to plug the state's budget deficit.

This is extremely sad. Americans are known for their compassion and (financial) generosity when it comes to getting together for a positive cause. Yet, time and time again we hear story's, such as the Veterans Fund, that gets ripped off or money is ill spent.

He's right. The Governor should pay every cent back to this cause.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Out of Shwartzeneggar's own Nazi pockets I might add.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I expected the theft to be much higher.

It is seemingly a certainty that ANY 'fund' of ANY sort concocted by Government, local or Fed, is nothing more than personal piggy bank.

I am getting more and more irritated as each day comes to an end.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Out of Shwartzeneggar's own Nazi pockets I might add.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

Arnold was born in Austria...
Then again, so was Adolf.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That's disgusting and not much different that stealing from the church donation plate that's passed around (not that I go to church) or all of these "managers" in legions raiding the "cookie jar" and stealing donations that help support the legions and their programs.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Social Security, for quite some time, has really been the second tax. But try to tell the average person this. They look at you like you were crazy. I understand this gentleman's frustration. His real frustration is with the people because they are the true cause of all of these problems. Everything is literally being pirated from under our nose and the damn people think it is some kind of spectator sport.

You have to be responsible, conscious, aware. After years of my wanting to help people I am almost sad to say I now look forward to the collapse. The ruin. People have really never been good at a "pound of prevention" and prefer to ignore problems until they are deep in doo doo. Even though I shall go down with them I'd like to think I'll look at their bewildered faces with a wry and knowing smile when the moment of realization comes. Of course I'll probably be denied because they'll just retreat further.

Even my sudo states my opinion on the matter for the nation.. Such a bunch of greedy self serving people concerned with their own entertainment.

Apollumi:

to destroy
to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin
render useless
to kill
to declare that one must be put to death
metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed
to destroy
to lose
edit on 7-6-2012 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join