It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUCLEAR RADIATION EVENT in South Bend Indiana USA + Call to NRC Hotline

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
so less than 2 hours of inactivity and this drops off the recent activity board? With something this big and concerning, i don't understand why there aren't more updates from those living in the area. A lot of strange things happening everywhere, i guess

Maybe. OR maybe the lack of confirmed reports from people actually living in the area points to this not actually being the incident a few alarmist websites are claiming.

_Skeptically Yours,

stang

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here is th Black Cat Radiation Map for the USA
www.blackcatsystems.com...

You will note the some stations do not respond. Those may be some that were serviced by the same feed as The Radiation Network (as they claim). #18 where the incident happened is still available and never stopping charting.

I just got a screen shot of #14 New Orleans (Strange)

UPDATE: It appears all the Black Cat Network is down right now.

Here is a screen shot of the Indiana/Michigan border area I took a few hours ago. I checked many other Black Cat sites and most were running with the main exception being the west coast then. Now it is deadsville.

www.blackcatsystems.com...]black%20cat%20data%20graph

I have checked the map and in the last hour the New Orleans chart has been re-labelled as #12, #14, #18.

I don't know what is going on with that. At this point I wouldn't be surprised it they are being hacked.

edit on 6/9/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by whatnext21
so less than 2 hours of inactivity and this drops off the recent activity board? With something this big and concerning, i don't understand why there aren't more updates from those living in the area. A lot of strange things happening everywhere, i guess

Maybe. OR maybe the lack of confirmed reports from people actually living in the area points to this not actually being the incident a few alarmist websites are claiming.

_Skeptically Yours,

stang

Sometimes I have to wonder. There are a few people on ATS that seem to think everyone should wait until something is on mainstream news, which it will be when what happens is clear, unless it is something withheld from the public. Or if it turns out to be nothing...

This kind of site is great for getting to the first glimpse of possible news and info that either has not become available to the public yet or will never be made available.

Why is that a problem? The posting of information however small that could lead to the future stories that then reach mainstream news.

If hearing the first hand accounts and rumors and guesses and suppositions disagrees with a person, why don't they go to the CNN site or something and not read this stuff?

They won't get any new spectacular news when and if it comes first but eventually, and you can have more trust that the story is true...right.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I keep checking the Black Cat map and someone is changing the numbers at the New Orleans site that had the huge spike before system went down. I have counted at least 6 different numbers given for this location. What the heck?

If they are being hacked I will be glad to thank the government.

Map I am referring to:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I sure hope all of these online sources of radiation levels don't keep on mysteriously shutting down every time there is a nuclear event, it kind of makes them worthless imo

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

NOTHING i've said implies that this being reported on the "MSM' means it is or isnt real. I said NOTHING about the 'mainstream media'/

Ha i did actually states was that IF this were real, there would be FAR more than a few unverified reports on a ad-heavy blog. There would be TONS of posts from all over the area

Too many people on ATS scramble to believe the most hysterical, outrageous story's out there and REJECT everything that contradicts it. That is not eying ignorance. It's embracing it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

NOTHING i've said implies that this being reported on the "MSM' means it is or isnt real. I said NOTHING about the 'mainstream media'/

Ha i did actually states was that IF this were real, there would be FAR more than a few unverified reports on a ad-heavy blog. There would be TONS of posts from all over the area

Too many people on ATS scramble to believe the most hysterical, outrageous story's out there and REJECT everything that contradicts it. That is not eying ignorance. It's embracing it.

There is where we differ...I don't see them believing anything.

I see them questioning as they should and looking for answers and truth. I think it is a worthwhile thing... and when there are threads based on nothing they will quickly die, this is a culling process that works well if people will stop saying the process should not even start.

Some actually try to intimidate people into not having their thoughts aired at all. I don't see why those particular people (not meaning yourself) do not just leave peoples discussions to those that wish to discuss!

We are not all extremely intelligent or have a lot of information on given subjects but we all deserve to ask our questions, have our ideas put out there and contemplate the unknown or even unknowable as we see fit.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I just looked at this and Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are all high. Check out where you live.

www.radon.com...

Other states are high including North Dakota where this drill initiated.

Colorado is high too and I don't just mean the druggies at high altitude!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I just looked at this and Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are all high. Check out where you live.

www.radon.com...

Other states are high including North Dakota where this drill initiated.

Those numbers are not 'high'. The website you reference shows some areas as being at or above 0.4 pCi/L. The website then admits that "The national average of outside radon levels is 0.4 pCi/L ", so calling the 'average' 'High" is you misconstruing the data. Thy offer no such qualification for 'low medium high'. You are merely assuming the highest rating they show is considered 'high' without even reading the rest of the website to see what would ACTUALLY construe 'high'.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Black Cat is showing graphs again. #18 at Indiana and Michigan stopped at 9:25 this AM and has not restarted.

Other sites including the ones in California are showing current readings.

I would have had a cow if I was watching the Indy/Michigan reading spike like that.

I found this at reddit and even though I posted it on another link I wanted to share it with the readers of this thread because it contains more than a little truth:

I think it should be noted that if officials at a nuclear plant didn't lie about (or downsize) the size of a nuclear leak, that would probably be the first time in history.
When you# up at a nuclear plant, you lie about it. Look at Fukushima. At the very least, you half-lie. This is your job. You work for a publicly traded power co. that has thousands of shareholders. The board is full of old-ass tycoons who tell you to paint a pretty picture.
All of a sudden, your brain considers that you may have contributed to endangering the entire community. Selection bias, rationalization, and other psychological influences take over (especially in the type A upper mgmt.)
All is well. The situation is under control.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

An awesome post from your reddit link:

Here in Los Angeles, there's a bright orange glow on the horizon that's dissipating. I've been seeing it every day about this time and it's quite similar to one that appears on the OPPOSITE horizon about twelve hours later. I'm out of potassium iodide, so I'm drinking pen ink at this point, just in case.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I live about two hours or so southeast of South Bend and I have been seeing helicopters for about three weeks now, heading in that general direction, 4-8 times a week. Some are military, some are not, and one in particular seems to come and go at odd hours. I've started a thread about the spike in air traffic, but it didn't garner much attention. At the time it all started I wondered if it was about the ramping up for Iran or Syria, or that it had to do with the NATO summit in Chicago, but now.....who knows?

If someone could explain why a helicopter would need to take almost daily trips to.....I don't know....across a very rural part of Indiana at 6-8 P.M. returning at 1-3 A.M. I certainly would like to hear it. It's weird and now with whatever the hell is going on up north, even more so. Further more, there seems to be quite a few Hoosiers on ATS in my general vicinity, so I have to ask if I'm the only one seeing helicopters where they didn't used to be.

Maybe I'm crazier than I thought I was......
Although, I thought you were supposed to see black helicopters when you were losing it......

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I see them questioning as they should and looking for answers and truth. I think it is a worthwhile thing... and when there are threads based on nothing they will quickly die, this is a culling process that works well if people will stop saying the process should not even start.

Some actually try to intimidate people into not having their thoughts aired at all. I don't see why those particular people (not meaning yourself) do not just leave peoples discussions to those that wish to discuss!

We are not all extremely intelligent or have a lot of information on given subjects but we all deserve to ask our questions, have our ideas put out there and contemplate the unknown or even unknowable as we see fit.

I agree. You ask questions. You HAVE to. You put out theories and you talk about off the wall things because truth is stranger than fiction and the further out you cast your line, the more likely you are to find something new.

This is not a " hard news" site. It's a discussion board. It's supposed to be full of opinions and ideas and unverified facts. Some things, and ususally the most important things, will NEVER be verified. That's why they're, um, ABOVE TOP SECRET. If any of this craziness was admitted or verified in a mainstream way, we wouldn't need to be trying to root it out. And....*laughing*.....that would most likely mean it wasn't true.

I'm sick of the Empirical Evidence Squad running in and demanding pictures?!links?! for every opinion or theory someone has and if you can't provide it, mocking and belittling people. Did Art Bell laugh in people's faces for entertaining the possibilities? Does George Noory? No, they offer a place to chat and consider. So does ATS. If you want to mock, form your own board. This is a place for dreamers and insomniacs, paranoids, weirdos, and seekers. We get enough mocking from the outside, mainstream, narrow-minded world, this place is supposed to be sanctuary from tourists who think it's fun or funny to belittle that which they don't understand. You have a whole outside world that is yours, leave our places alone.

And I think the OP of this thread is infinitely excellent.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
[
edit on 6/9/2012 by Nietrick because: multiple posts

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nietrick

I agree. You ask questions. You HAVE to. You put out theories and you talk about off the wall things because truth is stranger than fiction and the further out you cast your line, the more likely you are to find something new.

This is not a " hard news" site. It's a discussion board. It's supposed to be full of opinions and ideas and unverified facts. Some things, and ususally the most important things, will NEVER be verified. That's why they're, um, ABOVE TOP SECRET. If any of this craziness was admitted or verified in a mainstream way, we wouldn't need to be trying to root it out. And....*laughing*.....that would most likely mean it wasn't true.

I'm sick of the Empirical Evidence Squad running in and demanding pictures?!links?! for every opinion or theory someone has and if you can't provide it, mocking and belittling people. Did Art Bell laugh in people's faces for entertaining the possibilities? Does George Noory? No, they offer a place to chat and consider. So does ATS. If you want to mock, form your own board. This is a place for dreamers and insomniacs, paranoids, weirdos, and seekers. We get enough mocking from the outside, mainstream, narrow-minded world, this place is supposed to be sanctuary from tourists who think it's fun or funny to belittle that which they don't understand. You have a whole outside world that is yours, leave our places alone.

And I think the OP of this thread is infinitely excellent.

If what you're saying is 'if it falls away, it may have been real'....then, yeah.

It's an automatic cycle. Too much, of anything regarding 'somethings', means it gets yanked. It doesn't automatically give it cred, but it doesn't hurt.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'm sick of the Empirical Evidence Squad running in and demanding pictures?!links?! for every opinion or theory someone has and if you can't provide it, mocking and belittling people.

And I'M tired of the 'I'll believe any crap posted on an ad-heavy crap blog that affirms what I have already chosen to believe as true ven if it has NO EVIDENCE and contradicts itself several times" posse.

But that's because I'm a fan of facts, not blind, ignorant conjecture that wallows in lies.
edit on 9-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Just because it's conjecture doesn't mean it's ignorant. Anyone who understands what science is surely knows that. Or are you confusing ignorant with stupid? The first step in finding facts or answers is asking the questions. All the questions, especially crazy ones.

You like to live in the world of hard evidence. Ok, that's fine, Joe Friday. I certainly don't have a problem with anyone who wants to wait and see. I do that myself. The difference being, I like to have the " out there" conversations while I wait. See if anything sticks. But I don't mock, because it is rude and condescending. Which begs the question, why are you at a site that *specifically* states that it is open and welcoming of theories and unverified facts? It seems like the only reason for someone who doesn't like to theorize to come to a site like this is to mock and troll.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If there is nothing to worry about why doesn't the EPA come out and issue a statement? Not that anyone of us would believe it. Honestly a nuclear incident rated as severe by Ub-Alert and they haven't said diddly squat.

Maybe the are in those underground tunnels and can't be reached. (kidding - I hope).

What a lame government. The less they say the more we wonder. I have noticed with this Administration when there is a crisis they put it on ignore for as long as they can.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm sick of the Empirical Evidence Squad running in and demanding pictures?!links?! for every opinion or theory someone has and if you can't provide it, mocking and belittling people.

And I'M tired of the 'I'll believe any crap posted on an ad-heavy crap blog that affirms what I have already chosen to believe as true ven if it has NO EVIDENCE and contradicts itself several times" posse.

But that's because I'm a fan of facts, not blind, ignorant conjecture that wallows in lies.
edit on 9-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

So puzzling...Why are you not on one of those facts sites or on a facts only thread and still on this one page 6? What drives you to come back to it?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

So puzzling...Why are you not on one of those facts sites or on a facts only thread and still on this one page 6? What drives you to come back to it?

LOL. So your implication is that ATS is a fact-free website?

Lulz.

Many of us post here to ensure that there is at least a semblance of fact represented amongst the fear-mongers and alex jones proxies.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join