It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUCLEAR RADIATION EVENT in South Bend Indiana USA + Call to NRC Hotline

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
the guy that has the counter said it was a screw up. he turned off the counter and rebooted and it began reading normal again.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

False alarm? This site reported the leak on 6/7/12. I live in Indiana. Wow.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that the guy running that particular monitoring station said it was malfunctioning equipment, but he found no reason for the malfunction. Also the high radiation level was reported by two independent stations on two different networks.

At one point the reading was as high as 7mr, which is no big deal, but it begs the question about where the source of the radiation was. If it was thousands of feet away from the counter that recorded it, then the source would have had to be pretty powerful as radiation decreases on the square of the distance.

May have been equipment malfunction, but I have seen nothing to prove that. Still the potential an unknown source of radiation was in the area and is now shielded or is gone.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I am in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and haven't heard anything
about this today. We always have the ham radio on
during the day - no mention. Hope it was just a glitch
and nothing more.

Hello, neighbor! I'm about 30 miles west of you. *waves*

I suppose we have to wait and watch to see if there's anything else of note coming out of that area. I've been seeing helicopters, military and non, heading WNW for weeks now, 5 or 6 a week. Don't know if it's connected or not. I do believe that things are going on in Chicago that are about to burst from beneath the surface and be very bad indeed. If anything weird is happening in Northwest Indiana, it's most likely spillover from that rotten den of inequity. Eyes open.....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

You really should learn how a geiger counter works and what radiation is (and the different types), to understand that what you wrote there was total nonsense.

How would you find the malfunction? He already made claims about uneven voltage and as a electronics engineer and programmer, I can tell you this sounds plausible. Especially if you use cheap usb adapters, you really can get read problems through unstable voltages.

What "networks" are you talking about? The one station is private, the other I don´t know but these are not networks. Deny ignorance.
edit on 8-6-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
zoning issues arise out of construction of nuke plants, and while the best-most suitable areas are open in some cases, many people don't want them constructed in their back yard.

Nuclear plants are put at the edge of large bodies of water for a reason. Cooling. They need that constant water source to cool the reactions. Having them inland isn't cost effective.

It has nothing to do with "zoning issues".

Your street cred just got a big

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So all this speculation and not one person has called the state police to report or ask them about the multiple high reports of nuclear radiation event? At the very least ATS can force them to acknowledge the event and hold a press conference.

BTW the last two days UFOs and loud booms were reported in south bend, Indiana. One guy even went outside and the trees were split in half.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's very unlikely that this is a glitch. It's crowd sourced data. Meaning thousands of sensors are given away free in little weather station kits and posted on farms and such with internet connections. This means something is up.

It's good from the standpoint of it's really hard for the government to cover this up, but it appears that either the server is overloaded or potentially someone in government is trying to disabled the servers where all the peer-to-peer data gets reported.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

They even considered saying on the report..a 'Nucleur f&^%& Event..OMG !

hisz.rsoe.hu...

NC-20120607-35365-USA
Event type: Nuclear Event
Date/Time: Thursday, 07 June, 2012 at 17:11 (05:11 PM) UTC

edit on 8-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nautidreamer
reply to post by boncho

False alarm? This site reported the leak on 6/7/12. I live in Indiana. Wow.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yes, a pinhole coolant link which couldn't be responsible for the erroneous numbers on the site. To which the operator responsible already said it was a malfunction...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Theres a lot of talk about this on redit in the last 12 hrs.

Central Ohio here. I work at a large public university (not hard to guess which) next to a small research reactor that's located near the back of campus. There's (normally) a large fleet of hazmat response trucks and trailers parked in the nearby lot. Most of them are NIMS early response vehicles funded by Homeland Security (says so right on them). Haven't seen them move once since I started working a few years ago. Tonight? All gone. edit: will try to get pictures tonight/tomorrow

On a tip, I called the Traverse City Fire Dept and asked them if they noticed anything unusual, muttered that I was with the "nuclear reddit board". They confirmed they had unusually high readings, and that they reported them to the NRC earlier today.

verifiable statement from a redditor / security guard at Lily in Indianapolis >> "There's nothing dangerous going on at Lilly. Nobody is being evacuated and nothings leaking or on fire but a #ing TON of federales keep showing up. Don't know what the alarm was about but theres been a lot of radio traffic"

Source

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Maybe we are now seeing the 'fallout' of a false alarm...

Or,

Something did happen and it's being kept as quiet as possible, seeing as there are some form of reports of something happening..

Why so much radio traffic and why the movement of these trucks? unless they had picked up on the 'false alarm' way eralier than anyone else.. or they got the false alarm confused with the pin hole leak and decided to pull all the plugs anyway, for safety sake..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

TextIn a developing story that is raising concerns over a potential nuclear cover-up by the EPA, alarming amounts of radiation were reported near the border of Indiana and Michigan and later censored by the EPA online geiger tool. The readings, which were captured in a screenshot, measured as high as 7.139 counts per minute (CPM). This is particularly startling, as the normal radiation levels are generally between 5 and 6 CPM. Sources say that a Department of Homeland Security hazmat team has now been dispatched after ‘years’ of inactivity. A number of community reports have come in on the subject in fact, with readers of community boards and concerned citizens offering up some interesting and intriguing information regarding the potential radiation cover-up.

www.activistpost.com...

TextAdditional findings however, which are now censored to the public, confirm the findings once displayed by the Radiation Network. Again, you can view the original numbers in the screen capture showing the results before they were terminated from viewing by the EPA. Latest: Major Nuclear Base Running ‘Containment Exercise’ Amid Censored Radiation Spikes

If we think for one minute that those Nuclear Reactors can keep on spitting out for 14 month without it leading to this kind of danger then I'm afraid folks are in denial.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Now, dammit....this is starting to really seem like something. Hazmat movement, helicopters, reported booms and odd lights.

So many questions start to form. What happened? Was it an accident? If so, how bad? If not, what's the intent? Did something happen at the reactor? Or does this have to do with a dirty bomb? Was this another " training session" that maybe involved a dirty bomb and it got out of hand? I wish there was more to go on.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This radon incident became known to me just hours after the first video report was uploaded on YT.

I will offer some discussion on the report.

I admit, that I had to consider any number of human errors or faulty sensors as a possible cause, but after following up on such a report, I had to conclude that no such errors or faulty sensors were contributing to this report of excessive levels of radon in the area noted or reported.

I somehow instinctively recalled from a life left behind from a time long ago, when Geophysics was my main stay, that radon gas can be used to create a chemical reaction.

It was this flash of thought that got me to thinking on the matter in a different way that I wish to share with others.

I offer this brief discussion to point out once again, that we need to think outside of the box, to get anywhere with such a radon gas report.

The following discussion may sound a bit too technical for most, but Radon can be used to initiate and influence chemical reactions.

By pumping the gases off of a solution of a radium salt, sparking the gas mixture to combine the hydrogen and oxygen, removing the water and carbon dioxide by adsorption, and bringing the temperature of the radon to freezing, a chemical reaction can be achieved.

If HAARP or scalar energy can generate the change mechanism in radon, then it begs the question of why would they?, since Radon is lung cancer causing and unsafe at any level?

Such a high tech way to create a chemical reaction has to beg the question of what type of chemical reaction occurs and what does it do to say for instance to a human host contaminated or in such a radon gas?

I was left thinking to myself that if HAARP or scalar is a trigger mechanism for the chemical change, then a large scale controlled chemical reaction comes to mind. I then logically pondered what it would do to humans caught up in such a chemical change?

I even had to think to myself if such a chemical reaction combined with already other existing Chem trail chemicals could create a chemical change, would that chemical reaction be lethal or deadly as in large scale or mass human combustion? Anyway, I had to mention it, because sooner or later someone is going to think it as I did in the thought process.

The initial radon reports showed that such high levels of radon peaked during the middle of the night and that alone begs the question of where did all the radon come from in the middle of the night and in such a narrow window of time?

Finding the source of the radon and whether such radon levels have intentionally been elevated for some purpose is to me is a critical matter needing to be determined.

Determining if such a radon gas is present for the intention of inducing a chemical reaction is to me a matter that experts need to address.

While HAARP and Scalar weapons could be a trigger for such a chemical reaction and change in the radon, not investigating or researching such a premise is a sure way to be "Surprised, Surprised" if and when some incident occurs that involves such a level of concentrated radon gas and a chemical reaction that threatens the safety of the public.

The excessive levels of radon gas had to come from somewhere and if was put there on purpose, then it automatically assumes that it is there for some agenda, that we do not yet know about.

While many conspiracist like myself will usually blame our own corrupt officials for such acts, we are presently in a time of global tensions and as such, this radon gas incident could have also been released over the USA by enemies of America in some preparatory phase needed to later support some type of attack on America during the early stages of a global world war.

We have many possible causes, but what matters most to me is whether such a chemical reaction in radon can be triggered in any way by a chemical reaction influenced by HAARP and or Scalar weapons.

While I mentioned only HAARP and Scalar in this report, such a premise does not ignore the fact that other secret technologies and other secret weapons could be the trigger mechanism needed to trigger a chemical reaction and chemical change in the radon gas.

I tried to keep this discussion from being too technical, but unless we realize that excessive levels of radon can be used to create a chemical reaction, then I fear such a report of excessive levels of radon will go by the way and no one will see that the radon is there for a reason and based on the high levels found in the atmosphere, such a high level implies to me at least, that it will be used to create a chemical reaction.

It is that reaction that I wish to create discussion about in hopes of bringing more attention to this report of excessive levels of radon across the USA and Canada.

Perhaps in such a way, some current day science experts can get involved and challenge their brains on such a matter. At least that is my hope in all of this.

My thanks to the OP for the thread

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

That's some really interesting stuff there..

Good find.

Seems people eyes and ears need to be kept open a little while longer over there.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That incident in Kalamazoo and close-by counties where the man heard a loud boom and went outside to see two trees inexplicably broken off, and within a few hours' time more unexplained booms in nearby counties is not far from the apparent location of the radiation leak; this from Linda Moulton Howe's website:

Updated: May 30, 2012 Kalamazoo, Michigan - Between 10:30 PM on Sunday night, May 27, 2012, and the next morning at 8:30 AM local time in four counties of southwestern Michigan, something highly strange caused booms loud enough to provoke residents to call police and fire departments. The first round of booms on Sunday night, May 27, 2012, seemed to be focused in Union City, Michigan, about 50 miles southeast of Kalamazoo. Residents said it was like a huge clap of thunder in a clear, dry sky. Four counties altogether were affected: Calhoun, Branch, St. Joseph and Kalamazoo.

Source: www.earthfiles.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyrktec
the guy that has the counter said it was a screw up. he turned off the counter and rebooted and it began reading normal again.

if it were causing public interest or panic he may have been ...asked...to tell everyone it was a glitch. This has been known to happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Theres a lot of talk about this on redit in the last 12 hrs.

Central Ohio here. I work at a large public university (not hard to guess which) next to a small research reactor that's located near the back of campus. There's (normally) a large fleet of hazmat response trucks and trailers parked in the nearby lot. Most of them are NIMS early response vehicles funded by Homeland Security (says so right on them). Haven't seen them move once since I started working a few years ago. Tonight? All gone. edit: will try to get pictures tonight/tomorrow

On a tip, I called the Traverse City Fire Dept and asked them if they noticed anything unusual, muttered that I was with the "nuclear reddit board". They confirmed they had unusually high readings, and that they reported them to the NRC earlier today.

verifiable statement from a redditor / security guard at Lily in Indianapolis >> "There's nothing dangerous going on at Lilly. Nobody is being evacuated and nothings leaking or on fire but a #ing TON of federales keep showing up. Don't know what the alarm was about but theres been a lot of radio traffic"

Source

There is always the possibility that the leaks are the cover up and that the problem has to do with the Booms and the trees being whacked at the top...as a source of radiation, needing a cover story.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

How very interesting. And I was not aware that earthquakes can cause radon levels to rise.
Virginia Earthquake Caused Radon Levels to Rise

activerain.com...

Plus the EPA says...
Because there is no known safe level of exposure to radon, EPA also recommends that Americans consider fixing their home for radon levels between 2 pCi/L and 4 pCi/L.
www.epa.gov...

Does this mean if radon levels were shown to be rising in an area, the earth may be disrupted, either by humans or nature?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join