It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Monitors Fired On Amid Debate Over Next Steps on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

United Nations monitors in Syria were shot at when they tried to reach the scene of a reported massacre in Hama province, as UN envoy Kofi Annan asked the international community to help force President Bashar al-Assad to abide by a cease-fire.

“Clearly, the time has come to determine what more can be done to secure implementation of the plan -- and/or what other options exist to address the crisis,” Annan told the General Assembly today in New York. “If things do not change, the future is likely to be one of brutal repression, massacres, sectarian violence and even all-out civil war.”

UN Monitors Fired ON Amid Debate Over Next Steps on Syria

Well, I think that this is the straw that will break the camel's back. I don't think their is no turning back. Amid the other reports of the strong support of China and Russia towards Syria, this could possibly be the next great war. I guess we will see soon enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

We have 2 options: If we are going to be an empire we should take out Assad in preparation for the attack on Iran. It would weaken their ability to counter attack and deny them access to the Mediterranean.

If we are going to be a government actually based on the constitution we should say that sucks and go about our business.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

If we are going to be a government actually based on the constitution we should say that sucks and go about our business.

There it is! Problem solved! That didn't seem that hard. Why can't that be the answer. You know as well as I do that will never happen. If it does, we may need to re-evaluate the 2012 end of the world predictions.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
UN monitors shot at on way to Syrian massacre site

BEIRUT -- Unarmed United Nations monitors came under fire Thursday as they tried to reach the scene of the latest mass killing in Syria, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said. Activists accused government forces of killing nearly 80 people, including women and children who were shot, hacked to death and burned in their homes.

UN monitors shat at on way to Syrian massacre site

top topics

join