It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some perfumes just plainly reek...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ugh, I used my sister perfume and oh my, didn't realize how bad wild flowers smelled. I had to resort to using the home fresher to try to get the stinky smell off me. I'm going to be gagging now all night at work.

It's White Lavender body mist...........

Stay far far away from that stuff. Stuff is making my eyes water.

Using Baby Power and Cinnamon home air fresher to get the smell off me.

Can't find my Cotton Candy.

Banana and Cucumber is Awesome if bath and body works would just bring that combo back.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
White lavender sounds like a Granny's perfume.

Are you sure it's perfume and not a little bottle of zaflora disinfectant?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am going to say thank you from everyone at work. Now you are going to smell like nasty perfume + nasty home spray.

Why do people even wear perfume in the first place?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
after seeing the mrs attempts at finding a good perfume i found out that it depends as much on your body as much as it does on the actual scent so if the two don't marry up then you'll have something that smells like rotten eggs but the correct marriage will do wonders, but finding your correct scents is a hard job and not just something you go down to the local shopping centre and say give me 'insert random celeb''s perfume and expect it to work

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Are you a man? Maybe that is why..?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I for one cannot stand the smell of patchouli. When I was a kid I had a handful of He-Man toys. One of them was a villian named Stinkor. He was a skunk and his power was to smell terrible. In order to transfer this to the toys they dipped his rubber legs and arms in patchouli oil. I was too young to know any real hippies so this is where I first associated the smell. Logically I associate it will that evil skunk monster that was trying to kill the hero. Now whenever I smell it I immediately think negative thoughts about it and I am not a fan.

granted it probably isnt a bad smell to most but to me it is something wretched.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Most womens perfume stink, only a select few actually smell good.

My favorite is Burberry for women, or Banana Republic Malachite for women. I like my woman to smell fresh, not like a an old woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't like perfume, cologne, soap, laundry detergent, or any other product that is supposed to smell good, or clean. I like the smell of real cleanliness. Which means no chemical odor at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I don't like perfume, cologne, soap, laundry detergent, or any other product that is supposed to smell good, or clean. I like the smell of real cleanliness. Which means no chemical odor at all.

Ahhh the smell of musk, nothing like it!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Originally posted by Klassified

Ahhh the smell of musk, nothing like it!

LOL.
Yeah, it did kind of sound like that's what I was saying, didn't it? To clarify, I do like deodorant. The unscented kind, anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I AM a self confessed perfume snob and cheap perfume smells... CHEAP. 2nd rate ingredients and synthetics that have no business mixing with human skin chemistry. Plus, the scent is so short lived that some take a bath in it.

Spend the extra and get good perfume. Learn the temp and correct way to keep your investment fresh.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I have asthma that is triggered by everything you mentioned
in your opening post.If I smelled any of these items for even
a few seconds,I would be in the ER gasping for breath.

I can use baby powder and natural scents like real cinnamon,
vanilla and spices.
edit on 7-6-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm trying to find my brand which is banana and cucumber oil, but it's rare. You won't find it in this city. Didn't even think of looking online for it. Never knew my sister had poor taste in perfume.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Most women's perfumes are designed to attract women. If a perfume designed to attract men is smelled by a woman on another woman it creates competitiveness so it is not used by most women in the office. I have a slight allergy to many perfumes and colognes. It makes me hard of breathing.

Maybe that perfume actually attracts men.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I doubt that stuff will attract men.

I think even the dogs and cats would run away.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahblah454
I am going to say thank you from everyone at work. Now you are going to smell like nasty perfume + nasty home spray.

Why do people even wear perfume in the first place?

Why do Girls wear make-up and perfume?
Because they're ugly and they smell...

Sorry couldn't resist.

I know of cheap colognes that smell really bad if you put on too much, but can smell nice in the smallest dose.
Actually all perfumes and colognes should be applied in the smallest amount.

I stood in Macca's when an attractive girl came to the counter, seems like she bathed in the stuff, it would have been nice in lesser amounts but as it was I was struggeling to breath.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Check out Pheromones on the net, the smells that attract men are pretty bad smelling and expensive.

I think they invented perfumes to chase men away. When a woman is pregnant, as with other animals, the body makes acetone so that it chases away males. Think about it, fingernail polish is acetone based.

edit on 7-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm putty when it comes to a man wearing Drakkar........

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm with Underduck on the patchouli hate. Only for me it reminds me of swathes of unwashed for months rocker types who drowned their patched armless dirty denim or minging leather jackets in it thinking it would cover the smell of their own stench. It never worked, just added an extra uber sickly layer to it all.

I'm a CoCo Chanel Eau de parfum fan. A little goes along way and it lasts for ages. No need to drown yourself in it.
It's a bit much for daytime though, so when I can be bothered I go with Diesel Fuel for life instead.

I really don't understand all this love for celeb scents, wtf would anyone want to smell of something peddled by some spoilt media clown?.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

join