It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The words "hoax" and "sham" are a bit damning don't you think? They are trying to take advantage of a neat discovery - can you blame them? They are a diving company that recovers wreckage fro ships. A cool gig if you ask me. But they get a sonar return of this circular thing, and of course they will want some money so they can sponsor a dive there. They can't work for free after all, and it's unlikely it's a wreck of any kind. So they get to assuage their curiosity over what it is, and not have to do it for free. I'd do the same thing - give some hype to generate some interest.

People act like they are bonofide scam artists or something. They are simply divers who found something cool, and are trying to make some money off of it. You are lying if you say you'd do it all for free, just for the good of mystery buffs everywhere.

They gotta eat to you know.

I am just hoping it is cool in a man-made-structure sort of way. I think it's rock of some type, just hoping it's something greater than a natural formation.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What if,instead of an impact gouge,the large feature behind the circular object is instead sediment deposits left by underwater currents swirling around the circle in question?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

There are many factors to consider when talking about an object sinking in the water:

Shape, Size, Buoyancy, Mass.

Then there are the factors of how it entered the water:

Was it sitting in the water surface perfectly still? Was it in fact moving?
Did it instead drop from the air to the water? If so, at what angle? Velocity? Was the object moving in another direction different from it's movement (IE was it spinning?).

If it did enter the water, did the shape of the leading edge entering the water affect it's dive into the water?

You are right that when a stone, skipped across the water looses the energy that was both moving it forward and spinning it, it will sink, and pretty much in a vertical motion.

But then, how buoyant was that rock? How large of a surface area did it have?

Water can act like air when it comes to large surface areas. It's sort of like Lift that planes use to stay in the air.

Get a large dinner plate, like 8 or 10 inches, made of ceramic or stoneware. Now go to a pool, pond or lake.
Lay the pate on the water and let go. It will pretty much drop straight down, except for that "waffling" you spoke of.

Now let's give it some forward momentum. Throw it across the water (do this in several ways, like a frisbee, over hand on it's side, and even over hand flipping it end over end). Have a friend (try not to hit your friend with the dish, as they might not be your friend after that...) be in the water and note where it lost enough energy to sink, and then where it ends up on the bottom.

I think you'll be surprised at how it will actually "travel" through the water before coming to a rest upon the bottom.

A large circular object (250 feet I believe?) has a large surface area, and depending upon the material it's made of, a LOT of mass. Even if it strikes the water at high velocity (and survives the impact), when it finally goes into the water, it will end up with a inclined dive.

Gravity doesn't stop under water. Depending on how far down it has to travel, it will accelerate as it dives below the surface, just like a object dropped in the air. Gravity will accelerate it, just not as fast since water is more dense than air and will resist it.

That size and mass (depending on what it's made of), there will be a lot of energy for it to get rid of before it comes to a rest on the bottom of the sea floor. And if at an angle, which is very possible, it will plow an area up of the sea floor before it finally stops.

Even ships do this when they sink. Not 100 percent of the time, as the situations for each can be different, but they do sometimes sink into the depths of the ocean at an angle. That's why the Lat and Long coordinates on the surface of where it sank, does not always follow that is where it will be when it hits the bottom.

That's IF this is something other than a rock formation!

edit on 8-6-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
What if,instead of an impact gouge,the large feature behind the circular object is instead sediment deposits left by underwater currents swirling around the circle in question?

My same thoughts exactly. And yes there are plenty of currents that run in the Baltic. Could just be sediment build up that is passing the "object" and building on the sides.

edit on 6/8/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We can take a lesson from Titanic. Look at how she plowed into the seabed.

Whatever it is, it's heavy.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by scobro

My same thoughts exactly. And yes there are plenty of currents that run in the Baltic. Could just be sediment build up that is passing the "object" and building on the sides.

edit on 6/8/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Does anyone know where the diving site is located at? Does it happen to be anywhere near the site of the alleged "Ice age ufo" or the foreign metallic object that's located near the shore of Tallinn? Here's the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if there's any connection.

edit: Here's another link: The Ice-Age UFO in Estonia
edit on 8-6-2012 by the deop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you for real??? This is Deviant art and they do all sorts of art including artist concept... and this is what the pic is.

reply to post by Chadwickus

Proponents of this picture

Have mislead me that it was already found and now I hear this has yet to be found, so it's not that SAND formation.... I thought this was an actual picture somehow cut and rotated..

Phage is making only an assumption and although I am less skeptic than him, this still looks to me like a natural formation..

For it being a spaceship - ok look, how come not a single real picture saying 'alien' exposed in a Museum (yes I know about coverup and stuff), and yet a spaceship. If aliens themselves did their job to never leave any traces, this is highly unlikely that they would miss and some spaceship would be decorating the see there..

I can bet money on this not a spaceship or any unusual aircraft,. Though I do not think it is an oil platform or whatever else man-made, looks quite of a natural structure.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Whatever they find, there is a level of National security that will trump what can be disclosed. If it is an alien vessel, obviously we won't be told such a thing. If it's an ancient human submerged structure, we'll hear about that.

Don't hold your breath for anything that's going to change the Bible or modern science.

Not a lot the government can do since it's international waters.. it's a lawless section of earth where no single nation has any jurisdiction.. if they submit news or pictures from the ship then they can't really stop it .. unless they send out a navy ship and kill them all
but since everyone knows they are out there.. their hands are tied..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Spaceship?
What the hell is it doing at the bottom of a sea if it is meant to be in space?

I think this may be one of those things that should have been left alone and allowed for us to wonder a bit verses go and poke at it and see how unremarkable it is...ok, I don't actually think that, but if and when this thing is noted as little more than a semi-interesting but very natural formation, we will have lost a fun bit of mythos.

I predict nothing much comes of this journey...I however would like to be shown different (bonus points, live camera feeds cracking open the Omega Starcraft and finding their big cache of space gold)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I expect it to be a geological formation of some kind.. though the sonar imaging is intriguing with the circle shape and the apparent path behind it as if it crashed and skidded across the ocean bottom ..

I still have a feeling it's just rock

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by Ben81

Are you for real??? This is Deviant art and they do all sorts of art including artist concept... and this is what the pic is.

reply to post by Chadwickus

Proponents of this picture

Have mislead me that it was already found and now I hear this has yet to be found, so it's not that SAND formation.... I thought this was an actual picture somehow cut and rotated..

Phage is making only an assumption and although I am less skeptic than him, this still looks to me like a natural formation..

For it being a spaceship - ok look, how come not a single real picture saying 'alien' exposed in a Museum (yes I know about coverup and stuff), and yet a spaceship. If aliens themselves did their job to never leave any traces, this is highly unlikely that they would miss and some spaceship would be decorating the see there..

I can bet money on this not a spaceship or any unusual aircraft,. Though I do not think it is an oil platform or whatever else man-made, looks quite of a natural structure.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)
here is my opinion after studying the object , if you look at the pic above , you can see a "slug" line , this is common with sunken ships , and other objects that sit on the floor of the ocean , if their is a current , thats why 99.9 % of the time and old sunken ship will never be in the same place it went down , due to current, now we just need to figure out the current flow , so we can calculate the distance ,to the time its been their , make sens ?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
posted this in the other thread:

Its 400 meter wide perfect circle shape with an open area and a broken corner
we can clearly see in another image
that this thing made a path in the sand when it landed

People .. i believe we have found our first intact UFO in human history
just on time for 2012 .. what a coincidence

Or they could have found the first ever mostly in tact proof of pacman.

Many see a flying saucer because they would like to see a flying saucer..
However
Given the likelyhood of it being that, why set yourself up for the inevitable disappointment.

I think its best to assume nothing and simply follow the expedition..its probably nothing, but would a trial ancient rounded boat sunk 4000 years ago be a true disappointment? Only if you demand its some alien craft..but if you expect it to be nothing, then it would be interest verses let down.

Anyhow, its clearly pacman.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I really do wish and hope that it is something so incredibly amazing that it changes the world as we know it!, but I honestly think it is more likely a gun turret from an old battleship from WWII on the bottom that is upside down. I really do wish for the other though.
edit on 6/8/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Some of you are so lost in life without a clue that in between drinking, watching tv and thinking that your are somewhat important against the other 6 billion drones out there is surely a classic form of something.

Sorry, a bit off-topic, but just had to highlight this as it is just so brilliantly put and pure signature material.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Are we sure its not the front half of a cardassian cruiser? I mean, Picard does kick serious ass with that Enterprise, ya know!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Here is an update just posted.

And I hope I do not break ATS guidelines by quoting the article.

Here is the update

BREAKING NEWS 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week.

the private exploration company has built a rather large 'Submarine'... which looks like it could transport a dozen paying customers at a time to see the seabottom artifact

this seems to be a commercial venture so next weeks pictures and information will most assuredly be 'proprietary'..........

pro·pri·e·tar·y/prəˈprī-iˌterē/
Adjective: Of or relating to an owner or ownership.
Noun: An owner; proprietor.

edit on 8-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

heres the link to the article showing the passenger submarine:

www.dailymail.co.uk... tre-Millennium-Falcon-object.html

...The Baltic Sea is a treasure trove for shipwreck hunters, as an estimated 100,000 objects are thought to line the cold sea's floor.

The company have created a submarine that they hope will appeal to tourists and wannabe shipwreck hunters who will pay to take a trip down to the bottom of the Baltic Sea to see for themselves....

Read more: i think you will need to google baltic sea object to get the article with pics of the special built , paying passenger submersible

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I have to agree. I also wonder how much this publicity is generating in dollars for this crew. I'd like to believe in their sincerity in the pursuit of a historical find, but if I were in their position, I never would have divulged the find in the first place, until I either confirmed or debunked what ever I believed it to be. Putting it out there seems odd, especially for treasure hunters. They watch one another and this just telegraphed everything to their competitors. That's not something they would do if they really believed it was something unique and valuable.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It is a asteroid or comet that impacted and was slowed by the iceberg that used to be there. It came in at an angle where it was slowed by the ice and water. It scraped the earth and now sits where it is. It will be the largest such metorite ever found on earth. It did not leave the normal crater because the Ice?water and angle of impact helped to prevent it from impacting and destroying itself.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Or...

It reminds me of the STS-75 ufos.
edit on 8-6-2012 by dodgygeeza because: add picture to ats media

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

When I saw that picture, Giorgio Tsoukalos sprung to mind from History Channels ancient aliens.

[/URL]

edit on 8-6-2012 by colz2000 because: to put in a pic

Afterthought. Took me a while Gortex, but now I get it, (photoshop for a guess), I can be really slow sometimes.
edit on 8-6-2012 by colz2000 because: an afterthought

edit on 8-6-2012 by colz2000 because: picture disappeard

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join