It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

This one should work.
With dailymail, to link to a story, I find if you just link the article number it works. leave off everything after it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I'm confused about why this round stone with stones on it - and a hell of a lot of suspicious behavior by many involved - is more interesting or unusual than any of the other far more detailed, elaborate and intelligently made examples of underwater structures.

Why is this vaguely interesting story - with some VERY vague images and statements - so amazing?

After an entire year, put up or shut up!

I don't care who you are or what funding you don't have. It would not take that long to establish a theory based on evidence regarding this, and that is why I am calling BS. They are not letting the truth out because they want to milk it for everything they can, that's all.

I totally agree. The characterization of the find as a "UFO" by the divers was the first tip off that they are pulling off some sort of scam. I'm very suspicious because I see no correspondence between the image of the "mushroom" with the "fireplaces" and the original "sonar image".

The original sonar image was not a "disk" and this hyping of a "runway" makes the whole thing sound incredibly ridiculous. Is there any responsible reporter who is actually willing to get any of this information authenticated?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcolsto
reply to post by starchild10

The ABC News video that's embedded at the bottom of the page you link to says they're looking for a deal from a tv production company to fund a submersible expedition. I'm starting to get suspicious of their motives. It's beginning to look like it's capitalistic and not scientific value they hope to gain.

ok, why would you suspect that treasure hunters would be in it for the money?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Doesn't the "wink" symbol at the end of this CGI "Baltic Sea UFO" video more or less imply that the whole thing is a big hoax?

Baltic Sea "UFO"

Its like the "creators" of this "news story" are just pulling off a "Blair Witch" type "media story", and now they actually have succeeded in getting the worlds media outlets to broadcast their totally fictional find without ANY confirmation that any of it is in fact real.

Has anyone yet verified the authenticity of the original "sonar image"?

Do we have any verification that the filmed "mushroom rock" with the "rock fireplaces" is actually from the location of the purported "sonar anomaly"?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Doesn't the "wink" symbol at the end of this CGI "Baltic Sea UFO" video more or less imply that the whole thing is a big hoax?

Baltic Sea "UFO"

Its like the "creators" of this "news story" are just pulling off a "Blair Witch" type "media story", and now they actually have succeeded in getting the worlds media outlets to broadcast their totally fictional find without ANY confirmation that any of it is in fact real.

Has anyone yet verified the authenticity of the original "sonar image"?

Do we have any verification that the filmed "mushroom rock" with the "rock fireplaces" is actually from the location of the purported "sonar anomaly"?

bluestreak53 you raise some interesting questions.

With reference to the authenticity of the sonar scan, I am sure it is genuine.

The features I am finding on the circular anomaly and the surrounding area leads me to believe there is a story related to what happened here in the ancient past. The circular anomaly as far as I can tell is not a natural formation but an artificial object.

Shown below is a distant sonar scan view of the seabed. I have marked some of the features that are showing. If the objects on the seabed at this location were natural rock formations then we should not be seeing what is showing in the image.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
If the objects on the seabed at this location were natural rock formations then we should not be seeing what is showing in the image.

What is it in the areas you've outlined indicate anything that is not "natural" looking? Other than the main circular anomaly that is the point of this entire thread, I see nothing that looks out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just because it's a dot, bump or smudge doesn't make it an anomaly. I'm not really certain what you think you are seeing, but I think you seeing a lot more than is actually there. And I don't think they are hiding a thing. They dove.. they provided pictures.. and what they have found so far imo, is quite interesting. I realize some were not going to be happy unless an actual spaceship direct from Star Wars was dredged up, but I'm quite interested in what they did find.

Although, the handful of posts thus far created in the Aliens forum can possibly be moved to a nature forum.. I don't think this is alien in any way.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Just because it's a dot, bump or smudge doesn't make it an anomaly. I'm not really certain what you think you are seeing, but I think you seeing a lot more than is actually there. And I don't think they are hiding a thing. They dove.. they provided pictures.. and what they have found so far imo, is quite interesting. I realize some were not going to be happy unless an actual spaceship direct from Star Wars was dredged up, but I'm quite interested in what they did find.

Although, the handful of posts thus far created in the Aliens forum can possibly be moved to a nature forum.. I don't think this is alien in any way.

I always thought this was either a very ordinary rock formation or a hoax. And nothing provided so far really seems to disprove this. It IS a hoax to the extent that they have turned the discovery of a "rock formation" into a huge publicity stunt. It is they who promoted it as a possible "crashed UFO" and they continue to use the most misleading language in their communications to suggest it is much more mysterious than any evidence suggests.

Their latest posts refer to a "runway"? You mean like the "mushroom rock" spaceship had a purpose built runway built to land? STOOPPID. But much sexier for all the people trying to make a mountain out of a molehill than saying "gouge" probably ploughed by a glacier, or other natural process.

The "circle of stones"? Uh, THAT is a CIRCLE??? (LOL) How about, bunch of rocks probably dropped there by the same glacier than put the rock down there.

Of course, I agree that they are only feeding off all the crazy speculation - based on nothing, that goes on here and elsewhere.
edit on 18-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No crazy speculation on my part. Being a graduate researcher I am treating these anomalies found by the Ocean X team on the Baltic seabed as an extension to my current astro-archaeological research,

This particular area is of great interest from an archaeological point of view. Originally, I did not concur with some of the other members that the circular anomaly could possibly be a downed flying craft but there is evidence to suggest it could be. If it is a craft I do not think came to be there when the area was covered with water. Therefore, this would suggest the anomalous object is very old indeed.

Members are asking what I see in some of the images I have posted. To be honest I have seen similar artistic representations on Mars and the Moon as well as on many of the megalithic monuments on this planet. Take for example the depictions of animals and birds seen carved on the huge liths at Gobekli Tepi in Turkey The monument has been dated to over ten thousand years old, so if that is anything to go by the circular anomaly on the Baltic seabed could well have a similar age.

The image shown below simulates a very distant viewpoint of the seabed. In this view a number of artistic representations are showing, namely heads and faces. There is only one civilization I know of that decorated the landscape and structures in their own likeness were 'people' from another world - namely Mars. In view of this, the anomaly may have a great amount of archaeological significance as well as objects in the surrounding area.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I hope its not Godzilla.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

SOURCE

SO......a glacier, thousands upon thousands of years ago, sliding this way and that, could at some point in time, at some random place in the Northern Hemisphere, deposit rocks in a pattern resembling something that a whole bunch of people want / are dying to see...

.....and that being a crashed flying saucer !

Highly plausible.....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have been examining the sonar scan and have noticed there is a rectilinear object on the top of the circular anomaly. It looks as if it has square base with a protrusion on top of it which, from calculations, is approximately three meters in diameter.

I wonder if the dive team have noticed the object or could the top of the shape be what they photographed. The sonar scan shows many features which unfortunately the divers will not be able to see or recognize from a distance as the visibility is only two to three feet.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Take a look at the long list of incursions and incidents between the Swedish Navy and unknown objects and unknown submarines. Of special interest is the discovery of seabed traces...one over 1000 meters long. Sounds familier? Of course, there may be no relationship between the object on the sea floor and what happened in the past, but with all the depth charges and undersea mines that were detonated, perhaps the Swedes really bagged and tagged this guy...and just didn't know it. You would think, with all the intense media, military and government involvment regarding these incidents, the Swedish Navy especially would be curious as to what is going on. I'm sure Swedish Intelligence has their eye on this operation.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-6-2012 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It appears to be nothing more then a russian made device, used to identify nuclear submarines passing through the baltic.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Via retweet from Joe Rogan on twitter...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Notice how quiet the reporting from the dive team is all of a sudden.

Could this be down to the fact that there is too much interest and speculation on the part of internet users or, could it be that the team are enlisting the assistance of professional advisors and have had to return to port to collect them?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

as reported, Ocean X returned to port for the Midsummer (Midsommarafton and Midsommardagen) Holiday and will return back to the site next week

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by russdire
Via retweet from Joe Rogan on twitter...

www.foxnews.com...

""It’s not obviously an alien spacecraft. It’s not made of metal,”

Thanks for the link, I suggest everyone interested follow up on russdire's addition to this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

as reported, Ocean X returned to port for the Midsummer (Midsommarafton and Midsommardagen) Holiday and will return back to the site next week

They would have a holiday instead of finding out what this at least intriguing thing is down there? It looks like BS and they are only trying to get attention, there must be nothing so special since they'd go back to some holiday and leave that. CRAP!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Could this possibly be how the circular anomaly looks when out of the water?

The view is from Antarctica and the circular object is arrowed..

Direct view:

i985.photobucket.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join