It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

waiting as well

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I find it amazing some members on this thread are very impatient and want results straight away. Deep sea exploration takes time so I am sure the OceanX team will release their findings when they are good and ready.

I am going to stick my neck out here by saying that what I believe is on the seabed at this location could well be a very ancient town or city. I have produced a couple of pseudo 3D images from the sonar scan which covers quite a large area and I am sure that the objects being observed in the image are structures. If you have a pair of red/blue glasses have a look and see what you think. The Direct view from the link below is 1000 pixels wide.

Direct view:

i985.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

for some reason, the link is going to a different page. If you go to their home page...you will find the story right up on top.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
From the teams FB page, by one of the explorers:

"Dennis Åsberg there is much that is strange ... We have one or more holes in the object ... We also have 90 degree angles .... we have not been able to take some samples because of its hardness ... but many samples are taken ... I as a person am very surprised."

It is probably not impossible for nature to make 90 degree angles, but i think it is very unlikely, and it would be a strange coincidence.

Is this alien? Don`t know, but according to the diver, it is not man made. That doesn`t leave too many possibilities IMO.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by arianna

for some reason, the link is going to a different page. If you go to their home page...you will find the story right up on top.

I had a look at their website but could find nothing related.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themaninwhite
From the teams FB page, by one of the explorers:

"Dennis Åsberg there is much that is strange ... We have one or more holes in the object ... We also have 90 degree angles .... we have not been able to take some samples because of its hardness ... but many samples are taken ... I as a person am very surprised."

It is probably not impossible for nature to make 90 degree angles, but i think it is very unlikely, and it would be a strange coincidence.

Is this alien? Don`t know, but according to the diver, it is not man made. That doesn`t leave too many possibilities IMO.

In view of what Dennis Asberg said above, take a look at this. Never in all the years I have been involved with archaeological exploration did I think I would come across something like this.

The arrows point to a rounded hatch opening and a dome-shaped object that looks like the shape of an igloo.

There are many other very interesting features showing in the image. If you are unable to see any of the features let me know and I will post an image highlighting some of them.

I have a theory about what happened here in ancient times and will post more on this later.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
They should have kept their mouths shut about the whole thing, instead of generating rumors and such. If it ever was anything other worldly I hardly think we will ever find out.

They should have done all their investigating behind a shroud of silence and kept TPTB completely out of the picture. Then if it is a ufo, explode it on the scene before the military complex could scramble their resources. This media circus approach will only get them shut down if it turns out to be more than rocks or old Russian platforms.

I think you're wrong... If it is something 'big' then its good that they let the whole world know so that they can't be shut down Roswell style so nobody ever knows.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

The UK's Daily Mail has some good pictures/information on the object. I apologize if this has already been posted as this is an extensive thread that I haven't had a chance to completely peruse. There's some VERY interesting information there. including an unknown "soot"-like substance and strange stone structure near the object.

To those that are more informed than I, maybe you can answer a question. Could this have been formed by a migrating glacier, which may have contained large rocky sections, which "slid" across the ocean floor and transported this object in that way? I'm very interested in this object and the mysteries that seem to be compiling daily.

The link to the Daily Mail's article:
preview.tinyurl.com...
edit on 17-6-2012 by jcolsto because: sp

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I never trust anything the Daily Mail report (like most media, they leave out any facts that contradict the story they wish to portray.

btw this link should work!

At the moment there seems insufficent info to determine what the structure may be, but nothing IMO as yet to say it's either a crashed spaceship nor an giant aquatic mushroom (the mushroom reference looks like a mistransation and appears to refer to its shape, not any suggestion it's a completely new lifeform!)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Starred for getting the freaking link to work. I (and apparently others) have been having a hard time getting a direct link to translate to ATS. Many thanks, friend! I happen to agree with your stance on the Daily Mail. They may be a tabloid, but their article contains the most info/photographic evidence I could find.

On another note, is there any guess as to the age of the object?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jcolsto

Yes, there are some useful photos there (one thing the Daily Mail website is very good at doing
)

As to age - I'm not sure at present that there is anything that can be used to date it. However, if it really is soot on the structure, then that could be carbon dated.

One possibility: it's a natural rock outcrop scoured by glaciers during the Ice Age (a roche moutonee) which remained a prominent feature in the area after the glaciers retreated but before sea levels rose and became some sort of 'ritual' site or just a convenient place to camp for early humans - hence the 'camp fires'?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jcolsto

I agree with you. That seems a plausible explanation to me, and it's the first thing I thought of on seeing the shape and the description of large skid marks along the floor. It's also important to note that none of these discoverers appear to be scientists, at least in fields that would shed light on what this is. (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.) They even describe themselves as "laymen [who] can only speculate" what the object is. They appear to be shipwreck junkers and treasure hunters, and the object was only discovered because they were trying to find and salvage a WWI era shipwreck.

I'll be more impressed when the nerds get a good crack at it.
edit on 17-6-2012 by jcolsto because: clarification

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Russia apparently experimented with disc shaped warships.
abcnews.go.com...
www.cityofart.net...
Supposedly they are all accounted for but it's possible there is at least one we didn't know about.
If one sank, that could also explain the skid marks.
edit on 17-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

The ABC News video that's embedded at the bottom of the page you link to says they're looking for a deal from a tv production company to fund a submersible expedition. I'm starting to get suspicious of their motives. It's beginning to look like it's capitalistic and not scientific value they hope to gain.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by arianna

Thanks Nkinga, the first time I looked at the web page I was expecting the article to be at, or near, the top of the page. Maybe I should have looked at the whole page but it was getting late. I have had another look and found it but the report does not tell us anything that we didn't already know.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
and now we see the agenda

from the daily mail article

The company have created a submarine that they hope will appeal to tourists and wannabe shipwreck hunters who will pay to take a trip down to the bottom of the Baltic Sea to see for themselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm confused about why this round stone with stones on it - and a hell of a lot of suspicious behavior by many involved - is more interesting or unusual than any of the other far more detailed, elaborate and intelligently made examples of underwater structures.

Why is this vaguely interesting story - with some VERY vague images and statements - so amazing?

After an entire year, put up or shut up!

I don't care who you are or what funding you don't have. It would not take that long to establish a theory based on evidence regarding this, and that is why I am calling BS. They are not letting the truth out because they want to milk it for everything they can, that's all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
and now we see the agenda

from the daily mail article

The company have created a submarine that they hope will appeal to tourists and wannabe shipwreck hunters who will pay to take a trip down to the bottom of the Baltic Sea to see for themselves.

Nothing wrong with that although I hope they do not disturb too much as the objects at this location are of great archaeological significance.

Did anyone notice the large hatch opening or the igloo-shaped object I highlghted in the image above?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I'm confused about why this round stone with stones on it - and a hell of a lot of suspicious behavior by many involved - is more interesting or unusual than any of the other far more detailed, elaborate and intelligently made examples of underwater structures.

Why is this vaguely interesting story - with some VERY vague images and statements - so amazing?

After an entire year, put up or shut up!

I don't care who you are or what funding you don't have. It would not take that long to establish a theory based on evidence regarding this, and that is why I am calling BS. They are not letting the truth out because they want to milk it for everything they can, that's all.

They will not be able to cover anything up as the truth of what is really there is contained in the sonar scan. Will post an improved full view shortly.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
no the sonar scna does not prove anything, people are debating about what it is from the image, people are saying it is so many things, like, stone henge, rock, ufo, nuclear weapon, giant mushroom etc.. the sonar scan is just a image. they been down there few times, they shoudl have released better pics and vids by now,

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join