It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by Agarta

During that period the area was a river basin, the Eridanos river I believe- just wiki "baltic sea"-tho I hate using wiki- it has a little blurb about it. Seems a fertile basin next to a river fedby glacial melt water would be the perfect place to set up camp lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Once again, people are indulging in all sorts of pointless speculation. At this point, they ARE "nothing but rocks". How do you know this is in any way related to Neanderthals or "prehistoric man"?

There is nothing but speculation to back up the assertion that this is a "constructed settlement".

From the article released last night:

It looks almost like a pearl necklace or that someone has tried to make a fireplace with an inch-sized rocks on the ocean floor.
www.expressen.se...
From their website released today:

On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot........“First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver“
www.oceanexplorer.se...

I have had this open for a bit now looking for, I believe it was Peters statement that this object would have been here from before the last ice age this puts it during the Pleistocene period. I have been looking through this thread looking for the quote or the link to the article it is in. It must be in another I read so I will post this as is and continue to look until I find it and will update at that time.

Yes, I have read that and no, I very much don't believe anything they say. (I'm not saying they are lying, I'm just saying I don't trust them because of the way they have hyped this whole venture)
Maybe you still find this to be a "earth shattering" discovery, but as far as I've seen, its just a rock formation.
It really needs to get investigated by some real scientists before its going to prove any hypothesis.

As far as "Ocean X", I just don't buy their hype. So I'm not putting any faith in what they say.
In any case, this still is totally off topic to aliens and UFOs.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by bluestreak53

Unless its an ancient civilization founded by ancient ALIENS who crash landed their UFO......

Lighten up-

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itswhatev

Yes, the last time this was not under water was during the Pleistocene period prior to the last ice age. At that time the sea was a series of rivers.

reply to post by bluestreak53
My understanding of the information may be incorrect and I will admit it if the information comes forth that it was not constructed intelligently but with the information we currently have and putting the comments together as well as statements that show it was not naturally formed I do not feel that it is too much of a stretch to conclude what I did. Maybe I should have included "I think" or "IMO" but that's what it is, my opinion over the information we have.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

On this, I agree with you. It needs to be investigated by archeologists, geologists, etc. not on the conclusion of a treasure hunting company.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi, could someone highlight, with drawing or lines, the correspondence of the stone founded, with the pic below?
Many thanks!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Why do you get worked up over something so insignificant?

Why not get worked up about something worthwhile - like the bank bailout where $700 BILLION dollars went to the retards who got us into this mess - and it was your tax money.

Or get worked up about chemtrails, or poverty in the US, or starving kids in Africa.

Really? Chemtrails? Yet another totally phony, made up conspiracy?
That is ATS for you. A place where all the crackpots congregate.

I take it you mean to include yourself then. On chemtrails, there are several official ways of chemtrailing if necessary, (If ever necessary that is) You say 'it's' a hoax, that requires proof. So far no smoking gun proof of anything either way. There is circumstantial proof that chemtrails would be used/ could be used, notwithstanding any negative results.
edit on 15-6-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but this rock circle just smells strange. The pictures/video seem to show a much narrower formation, nothing that remotely recalls the sonar signal. Don't know, and the "just add strangeness" of the final outcome seems there just for the sci-fi fans to remember something.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by apecar
Maybe it's just me, but this rock circle just smells strange. The pictures/video seem to show a much narrower formation, nothing that remotely recalls the sonar signal. Don't know, and the "just add strangeness" of the final outcome seems there just for the sci-fi fans to remember something.

In fact I was asking some posts before if someone find similarity with the sonar scan pic. The sonar scan pic show like there are two pieces one upon the other due to visible shadows ( the piece of the circle on the left is upon the one on the right ). It seems there is light or sun from the right. Sonar scan can find shadows?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 80sphoenix
Hi, could someone highlight, with drawing or lines, the correspondence of the stone founded, with the pic below?
Many thanks!

I think you can see what you're looking for at 2:08 in the video.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
remember me a caliper's head just used in the past......

imageshack.us...

img171.imageshack.us...
edit on 15-6-2012 by 80sphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Im really annoyed.. I waited for some interesting news.. and nada.
I hate these teasers.

I was hoping to hear of an excellent archaeological find or something. Unfortunately its probably a Bimini Road scenario.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by apecar

I think it's confusing because the images that have been released show the reported smaller rings of stones, made up of stones about a foot or so in size (that appear to have been scorched or burnt) that sit atop the main circular structure, which is apparently a single, huge mushroom or dare i say 'saucer' shaped rock structure with rounded edges.

For seasoned, lifetime divers to be 'amazed' at what they've found, i'm going with possible ancient human made structure, built at or before 13,000 years ago...what it was for, and why it was built is anyones guess, but religion and / or astronomy are my intuitive feeling for why.

Gobleki Tepe in Turkey, is looking like an astronomical / religious complex too, and that too has been tentatively dated to around the 10th or 11th millennium BC, so corresponds quite nicely with the 13,000 year timeframe, a time that also sees the ending of the last ice age (when this structure would have last been on dry land), together with strong evidence of global cataclysm from space in the form of comet / meteorite impacts that must have destroyed civilisations around at the time or actually spurred the survivors to begin watching the stars 'religiously' for fear of a repeat performance and becoming the driving force for all the curious ancient astronomical complexes from around this timeframe found all over the world and their builders general obsession with watching the skies and keeping track of time...perhaps all these monuments keeping track of celestial bodies wasn't just about when to plant crops as suggested by academia after all, and more to do with being forewarned of another possible catastrophe from space...

Speculating about the smaller rings of reportedly burnt or scorched stones atop of the larger circular structure, could it be possible that this was indeed an astronomical representation or observatory, a kind of huge star chart?

I can easily imagine the smaller stone rings having fires lit inside them to represent prominent stars in the night sky, perhaps even the stars that were in the general area where the meteorite or comets appeared to come from. The large mushroom shaped circle could have represented the view of space from Earth with the 'stars' burning brightly in their relative positions on it's surface....

We need more information.

eta: Thinking along these lines further, the wide and sloping track or road leading down to the circular object would have given a great view of the 'stars' burning on top of it to anyone standing at the high end looking down...a viewing position for the astronomer?

edit on 15-6-2012 by MysterX because: more text added

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hi.

I walked away from this thread smelling stink from the Ocean X team.

I think a majority here has had enuff of the sonar images,enhanced,different angles,etc...As for remote veiwers,you need more training from major Head games.

Now if we did not have the sonar images,would this game be going on if water clarity was 200 feet at 20 feet deep?
NO.

The update they gave us was nothing,more than nothing.
If there being funded ,they better come up with a better BS story.

I support anyone who does this and takes a look and high-5 to them, but this is to is to vague.

Now we got the UFO/structure turned inoto sandstone,disolved into sediment or what ever.

Ocean X or XXX has not gave us crap.

Surprised at the theories here,based on nothing from them?

I was interested at first.
But after there last update?
NO WAY HO ZAA!!!!!

edit on 15-6-2012 by MollyMN because: spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by itswhatev
Reply to post by bluestreak53

Unless its an ancient civilization founded by ancient ALIENS who crash landed their UFO......
Lighten up-

Next press release from Space-X:.....

Space-X team has established contact with a group of sentient alien beings that resemble ordinary rocks. They have been in suspended animation on the bottom of the Baltic Sea since their spacecraft crash landed on earth, 20,000 years ago. Their space craft (which also looks like ordinary rocks) impacted into the sediment. The life forms opened their hatch and escaped, but went into hibernation when they contacted the cold salt water. The Space X team who made this historic discovery have been appointed as ambassadors. They will also receive 10% of all proceeds when Earth and its resources get delivered the the scrap planet auction yard on Planet X, home planet of the rock people.

And who said ordinary rocks are not of interest???

Hey, that would make a great sci-fi movie. Oh, its been done. Cocoon. Dang!

edit on 15-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: hope or home planet?

edit on 15-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why so angry?

Did you donate time or funds to this venture? No? I didn't think so. So why do you demand they provide more? They found an interesting structure on sonar. Many people here of course, started hinting the sonar image and even maybe the trip itself was a hoax. But it wasn't, so they latch onto what they found. Since it's not a UFO, clearly it was a hoax huh? It's almost as if it's their fault it's not a UFO.

They hyped up the find. So what? A venture that can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.. yea, I think generating revenue would be important. There are many here that were just as interested to find out what it was as they were.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Why so angry?

Did you donate time or funds to this venture? No? I didn't think so. So why do you demand they provide more? They found an interesting structure on sonar. Many people here of course, started hinting the sonar image and even maybe the trip itself was a hoax. But it wasn't, so they latch onto what they found. Since it's not a UFO, clearly it was a hoax huh? It's almost as if it's their fault it's not a UFO.

They hyped up the find. So what? A venture that can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.. yea, I think generating revenue would be important. There are many here that were just as interested to find out what it was as they were.

I'm not angry. You're the one who told me to "lighten up". Don't you think the idea that they have discovered a crashed spaceship made of rock is funny? And a bunch of aliens that look like rocks? I thought that was pretty funny.

We still don't really know if any of this is a hoax - one way or the other. We have no proof the sonar image is real and no proof the images posted are of the reported "anomaly".

I think they are still hyping it and deliberately misleading us about what is at the site. But that is just based on my feeling that they have been promoting this "find" trying to hype it as a sunken UFO - when they had no basis for that belief beyond the extreme gullibility of people out there who seem to think that everything in the slightest bit strange must be "aliens".

No, its not their fault that people are gullible and will believe almost anything, but I do think it is their "fault" that they seem to be exploiting that very gullibility. Of course, that sort of thing happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Door to an ancient seed vault?...oops 2012 spoiler alert
hehe sorry could not resist.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They are going back there next week with better equipment. I hope they get footage from a "snake cam" going down that egg shaped opening.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, I personally have not seen much evidence yet. I'm going to keep an eye on this but know that it may be a while for them to get any firm conclusions. I think it's the area around a volcanic vent or seepage out of a fissure long ago myself. It could contain a lot of metallic in the rock and it shows up hot on sonar. We shouldn't expect fast feedback from these people, they aren't going to say anything either way until they examine it well. No use screwing up your reputation by leaking out information that may not be true. Wait for the movie

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join