It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does good health look like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You are what you eat, and the vast amounts of food we consume in our daily nutrition have a huge impact on the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of our bodies. Having access to organic and sustainable foods does the body much good
if it's pricey, then pay for the quality. Surely beats having to pay for hospital bills in the long run for unhealthy people.

There are over 3 billion chemical reactions taking place every second in your body; in order to promote longevity, people must acknowledge their current health condition, and take course of action to improve it. I'll admit, it is kind of difficult to have a raw and organic diet; not every person has the opportunity to nourish their bodies with healthy food, but it's a responsibility to take care of your body no matter what! Seek locally sourced foods, and you shall find farm stands and organic food markets

Be smart and responsible with achieving good health!

^My extensive supplement collection; know your body and know everything about what supplements you're taking
I'm 20 years old and in the best shape of my life, things were much different a few years ago health-wise for me.

Let me know if there are other supplement lovers and health nuts like myself! We need to spread awareness and knowledge about how ANYONE can take control, and treat their bodies like a temple.
edit on 7-6-2012 by sgspecial19 because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

you should look what are the oldest people on earth and find out how they live, eat and do.
i think they don't use the stuff you use.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I've read up on some of those who peaked 100 years old, seems a few balanced meals a day and positive thoughts works well for them. Every body is unique in it's chemical functions/reactions, my body reacts well with the supplements I take in moderation.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Good diet advice here, that I really need to work on implementing.

Regarding the supplements, I dabble. As to your collection - some I can't make out, so I did want to ask if you take any kelp or iodine supplements? Given your diet you may already be fine there, but otherwise you might want to consider if you're possibly on the low side.

Also, regarding the calcium I see there, be sure to balance this well with magnesium (you may want to consider MG "oil" for transdermal application given the lowish bioavailability/absorption of the MG citrate you've got - most of it is excreted by the body otherwise) and potassium, given the synergistic relationship between the three. Getting the levels wonky can cause issues.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Thanks man I appreciate it, just trying to promote healthy lifestyles for all of us! Actually there is a Swanson Kelp supplement I have, but switched to sprinkling non-irradiated kelp on my cottage cheese or salads
. True, cal mags do get excreted through the urine, but I take boron chelate to absorb more, so I ultimately take less cal mag citrates lol.

FYI: Tool is an amazing band

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
you should look what are the oldest people on earth and find out how they live, eat and do.

Unfortunatly the "oldest people" just have good genetics.
Good health will help you to to live a large number of years, but after that its genetics that get you to extreme old age.

One random page that talks of this...

The older a person gets, the larger the role played by genetics in determining longevity. Scientists estimate that our DNA only influences our chance of living to the age of 85 by around 20 – 30 per cent.
After 85, however, genetic factors take on a much more significant role in aging because certain genes are able to stave-off various illnesses that typically set in when people hit their 80s.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Interesting post, sgspecial19, but we're all different...

I'm 56, live on junk food, cakes, biscuits, sweets, though I rarely smoke or drink alcohol, I'm six foot two, twelve and a half stone, BP around 120/80.

My only saving grace ? I walk at a good pace, at least five miles per day, nearly everyday, and am rarely ever Ill, other than colds. / flu.

I think living a stress free lifestyle has a lot to do with good health too..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Mental health comes first IMO, but not everyone sees clearly like us lol. This is why a healthy diet is universally accepted by all; our perspectives might be unique, but our bodily functions operate very similar to one another.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I would like to add that caloric restriction also seems to figure in here somewhat as well, although the research is still out on that.

Indications seem to be that lifespan is generally shortened to some degree as your calorie intake goes up, so - even though this should be obvious advice for various other reasons - food gluttony should definitely be avoided.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Well said, human beings must eat to live, not live to eat.

2nd

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I do think diet helps you avoid things such as cancer and diabetes which have a massive impact on living a longer life.

At the same time though, my great grandparents both lived until they were in their late nineties.

Great grandfather smoked a pipe, around 40 cigs a day and drank whiskey like it was running out, ate fish most of the time too. He died at 98 of lung cancer.

Great grandmother smoked like a chimney too, she died after falling over in high winds at the age of 99.

Neither of them were health fanatics but the food they did eat was locally produced with no GM content etc. Attitude wise they were care free.

It is not an easy thing to completely say to anyone, "Do this and I will guarantee you a long, healthy life".

All we can do is try our best and its nice to see anyone trying to enjoy a healthy life.

edit on 7-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

They seem like wonderful grandparents, that's awesome they enjoyed non-GMO foods near their home. If they smoked tobacco with no additives, then that might explain why they did not become affected right away (40-60 years old is the common range of cancers due to smoking) by the dangers in smoking big tobacco industry products.
Since there's no magic pill for becoming healthy forever, might as well take precedent of our bodies and feed it with the best stuff out there. Got nothing to lose by eating and living healthy

edit on 7-6-2012 by sgspecial19 because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Sgsspecial19, you don't mention exercise, do you get any ? By the way, at your age you should be In peak condition anyway ! ( Not a criticism ! )

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sorry about that lol I run track so am frequently out running with my ipod in various weather conditions
. Yepp it's cliche for young adults to be in the best health, but there aren't too many young adults I'm acquainted/friends with whom are enthusiastic about eating well and living a healthy lifestyle

edit on 7-6-2012 by sgspecial19 because: grammar edit

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Me again, sgspecial19. Just took al look at your health supplement photo.. Do you have room for food as well ?

Only joking ! Seriously, have a long and happy life, my friend !

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Haha I try to, just making sure I eat and take supplements in moderation and according to what foods I eat
. Live long, healthy, and prosperous too my friend!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19
You are what you eat,

So the guy that ate the guys face in Florida is a face???

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It covers all kinds of medical care. That includes outpatient treatment, doctor visits, hospitalization, prescription drugs, emergency services, mental-health and substance-abuse treatment, laboratory and imaging tests, preventive care, maternity care, and rehabilitation services. You might not need everything now, but sickness and injury can strike at any time.
It limits your out-of-pocket exposure. Good insurance should pick up 100 percent of your medical expenses when your out-of-pocket expenses from deductibles and co-insurance hit a certain level in a year—say, $5,000 or $10,000.

new topics

top topics

join