It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alternative' view of Syria within the MSM.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I want to share this info because whilst the leading claim of the MSM is that Assad forces are killing innocent women and children, if you actually look at what the journalists inside Syria are reporting, they're not providing evidence to show the main claim is true.

Here is a report from Sky News' Tim Marshall who is inside Syria-

news.sky.com...

One of my most informative moments of this 15-month conflict came during the winter in a conversation with some ordinary working-class Christians in a central Syrian town.

They explained how they had become terrified of some of their fellow countrymen in a neighbouring district that had been taken over by one of the Sunni militias now fighting government forces.

But the Christians and Allawis fear that if the uprising results in a Sunni Muslim Brotherhood takeover they will be persecuted. It is true that the Sunni death squads are already operating.

This is the MSM telling us we have to question the 'rebel's- Sunni death squads operating killing Christians, surely if we ever intervene in this conflict we can not support the FSA??

The Shia man, a shopkeeper, took a harder line. He said he cautioned his optimistic friends who think this will be over by the autumn, saying: "It will take a year to clean them out properly." By them, he meant the Free Syrian Army.

FSA is the enemy here in the view of many Syrians, the Assad forces are arguably guarding the country.

Syria is a far from perfect place, but before the uprising, you had people of many religions living together. The population of Syria is 74% Sunni, 12% Alawi, 10% Christian, and 3% Druze. They lived together, and now they are dragged into a civil war.

Also think of what the Syrian government is saying. From Wiki, they claim that-

According to the Syrian government, 5,700–6,400 people, including 2,000–2,500 members of the security forces, more than 800 insurgents and more than 3,000 civilians, have been killed in fighting with what they characterize as "armed terrorist groups".

If 2,500 security forces have been killed, this is not a case of security forces going around killing peaceful protestors, the country itself is under attack. If over 2,000 of Assad's police/army have been killed, then we are not dealing with peaceful protestors but an incredibly dangerous armed group of rebels who have been militarised.

I want you to think about the following scenario critically and try and make sense of it-

Let's say there were protests against the government in America. The government forces were then ordered by Obama to kill protestors. Basically I am asking you to imagine the MSM view of events in Syria happening in the US.

If this was really happening, would the US government then come out and claim that 'armed terrorists' were going around the country killing people? What I'm saying is, if the government hates it's people that much they will execute women and children at point blank range like the MSM claims, then why on Earth would the same government deny it to its own people and claim it is the foreign rebels? Does it add up?

The FSA claims to be 40,000+ strong, they are holding many towns seige in Syria, the army is fighting the FSA, who are effectively an invading army.

Here's more MSM giving some of the truth about the FSA, remember this is mainstream-

www.guardian.co.uk...

The reality is that intervention in Syria by the US and its allies has already begun. The western powers have backed the fractious opposition Syrian National Council since the early days of last year's uprising. So have the Gulf autocracies led by Saudi Arabia, who have stepped up the flow of weapons and cash to favoured Syrian rebel groups in recent months, while Turkey has provided a cross-border base. That is co-ordinated with the US, which supplies the same groups with "non-lethal assistance" and "communications equipment".

In other words, the US and its allies are sponsoring regime change through civil war. And while paying lip service to the Annan plan for demilitarisation and negotiation, they are making sure it won't succeed.

That is exactly what is happening and the MSM is saying it. The West have promoted, through funding, recruiting and arming rebels to create civil war. The Syrian regime is fighting these people who are promoting the killing. That quote is from the MSM, they are telling you what is happening and the sickness of the Annan plan because they are funding the cival war to overthrow Assad!

This just gets even more mind blowing when the Guardian goes on to say-

The results can be seen on the ground. Overall, lethal violence is estimated by human rights groups to have dropped by 36% since the plan was supposed to come into effect, but government casualties have increased sharply over the same period (953 reported killed since mid-March). Rebel fighters claimed to have killed 80 government troops last weekend alone.

During the Annan attempt for a ceasfire, killings dropped but Syrian regime soliders being killed increased! What more evidence do you need that the country is under attack?

Never have I seen the MSM be so truthful-

Last year's Nato intervention in Libya increased the death toll by a factor of 10 to 15 and left a country of lawless warlords, torture and ethnic cleansing. Intervention in Syria, whether by fully arming the opposition or using air power to create "humanitarian corridors", would have a far more devastating impact.

Anybody who advoactes a military intervention is insane.

The tragedy of what is happening in Syria is that the FSA is fighting the Syrian regime in populated areas, innocent people will always be caught up in the conflict- a conflict that the West is funding to topple the Assad regime. If NATO got involved, and starting dropping bombs, the death toll of civilians would be 10 times worse.

So to conclude, if you search for the truth, even parts of the MSM offer the reality. It is when you realise the infiltration by the Israeli lobby within the US administration and the influence they have over Western foreign policy, then you can begin to understand why the West supports this evil against humanity as the death toll continues to rise in Syria.

So why Syria? Well, it's postion is of great importance-

openoil.net...

The idea of Syria as a regional oil transit hub is nothing new, thanks to its situation between Europe and major producing areas in the Persian Gulf and Caspian Sea. There is already one major transnational gas pipeline passing through Syria, the Arab Gas Pipeline (AGP) from Egypt to the Lebanese port of Tripoli.

In 2009, recognizing that the heady days of Syrian oil production in the 1980s were long gone and that the sector’s future lay in transit, Assad announced a ‘four seas strategy’ aimed at transforming the country into a regional hub for oil transportation between the Persian Gulf and the Black, Caspian and Mediterranean seas. He began taking steps to realize the country’s transit-center potential and bring the four seas strategy closer to reality.

If they can impose a puppet in Syria, it makes the transport of oil from the middle east to the West a lot easier!
edit on 7-6-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

It is typical that a thread like this would not get any attention.
People are so gullible to believe what the msm is saying that they must need to lie to themselves when evidence like this is presented in rebuttal. Guess they are just lucky its not their asses on the line, because if Syria is invaded millions of innocent people are going to die and if that was happening to your country you would want the invaders to not be coming on a blatant lie.
This world never ceases to disgust me and I hope that Iran and China can help defend Syria.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I haven't even bothered to look into what's going on in Syria because I knew I didn't want to know. I didn't want to confirm my suspicions that the current conflict it just another chapter in a long book where certain governments feel that they have the right to intervene or completely change a country to suit their needs.

This is truly sickening. I really don't know what else to say.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Nice culmination of sources there, S+F
All I hear in the media up here is NATO claiming the Syrian Government is responsible and Syria denying that it's them. Any Canadian official I've heard has been adamant that Syria is corrupt and lying. I knew since the first time I heard this story that it was fishy, and instantly thought back to "Rebel Insurgents" of Libya. It's quite terrifying that they can do this, but even more terrifying that they can get away with it. Makes me concerned of who's next in line

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
There must be a lot of people who work in the MSM who wish they were allowed to report the truth

S&F

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DudeCuda
Nice culmination of sources there, S+F
All I hear in the media up here is NATO claiming the Syrian Government is responsible and Syria denying that it's them. Any Canadian official I've heard has been adamant that Syria is corrupt and lying. I knew since the first time I heard this story that it was fishy, and instantly thought back to "Rebel Insurgents" of Libya. It's quite terrifying that they can do this, but even more terrifying that they can get away with it. Makes me concerned of who's next in line

I've tried my best to share info on this site, I think it is quite obvious that Iran will be next.

You only have to look at the PNAC and a few of their articles, especially Rebuilding America's Defenses which was released in 2000 to see the agenda, it even listed Iraq, Libya, Syria and Iran as countries that needed to be dealt with.

What truly sickens me is this fake attempt at a peaceplan in Syria.

When the supposed 'ceasefire' took place, the overall death toll dropped yet the death toll of Syrian military increased. That tells a lot of story right there.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
There must be a lot of people who work in the MSM who wish they were allowed to report the truth

S&F

One thing I learnt in university studying history is that even the history books lie.

I did my dissertation on the press during WW1 and the overall claim from current 'mainstream' history is that people back home never knew what was happening on the western front because the media was censored to glorify the war to increase recruitment.

So when I went to the library to actually look at microfilms of newspapers from the time, it was complete nonsense. The news from 1914 right through the war was full of stories of the horrors of war, and the pointlessness of such a war. I found entire articles written at the time condemning the war, people who knew the horrendous reality of modern warfare were reporting it for what it was.

It's the same now with Syria, I linked to MSM and they are reporting the truth in parts, the overall picture painted is that the Syrian government is doing all the killing but if you open up a newspaper, and actually read what's being said, the truth does get through at times, especially from independent reports of people in Syria.

Sadly, most people will just see the headlines on the TV news channels and buy the propaganda.

Seeing the truth being reported gives me some hope that not everything in the media is controlled or blackmailed by TPTB, mankind still has some dignity left. Sadly nothing can be done about what will happen, the agenda is planned and set

new topics

top topics

join