It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep an eye on the skies for saucers during the Olympics Games, warns former MoD UFO expert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I used to like Pope but ofc, you always have to be weary of former government employees, so what does everyone think, possible sightings during the Olympics or something more significant or just simply a disinfo campaign to sell more papers?

UFO expert Nick Pope says massive summer events like the Olympics would be a prime time for an alien encounter Ministry of Defence 'has planned for the worst outcomes - attack and invasion' 'We should be prepared for even the most seemingly unfathomable' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Personally, it would be great to see something happen during the games but I can't help feeling that something's not quite right with this story.

Full article here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 7-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There probably will be UFO reports.

Unmanned drones equipped with surveillance cameras will be flown across the skies of London during next year's Olympic Games, The Independent has learnt.

www.independent.co.uk...

That article seems to consist of a mashup of various statements from Pope. Somewhat incoherent.
edit on 6/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Already a post on this

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Already a post on this

If so, mods please delete

Originally posted by Phage
There probably will be UFO reports.

Unmanned drones equipped with surveillance cameras will be flown across the skies of London during next year's Olympic Games, The Independent has learnt.

www.independent.co.uk...

That article seems to consist of a mashup of various statements from Pope. Somewhat incoherent.
edit on 6/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yeah but drones are not UFOs to the people who are aware of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
... or just simply a disinfo campaign to sell more papers?

I'm not seeing anything in this article other than a "slow news day" bit of fluff, spurred on by a man who makes his living on the UFO industry (books, talk show circuit etc...)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
hi op

thats why london has SAMs place around
and the police have been uped from 10k to 20k officers
false flag on the horizons?
bloody right there is

here is a little read

Will There Be A Terrorist Attack at the 2012 London Olympics?

suite101.com...

edit on 7-6-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm going to watch the opening Olympics ceremony for two reasons...

1. An Austrailian shooter lost a bet and will be wearing a 'mankini' (think Borat) when the Australian team walks out, so that should be an absolute riot;, and...

2. I'm really hoping we see some good Brit on zombie violence going on somewhere in that stadium on live television.

If UFO's appear over the skies of London, that would be a major bonus.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh geeze...

I swear... If I hear or see Nick Pope's name one more time! lol.

I don't see anything genuine about the man, much of which is because of his mannerisms... it seems like he just does it for the money, and to gain recognition.

Another thread, yet again... about some crazy prediction in regards to the Olympics...

Here's my prediction, the US cleans house, and brings home all the gold!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Former MOD.................. It's amazing that hes been given that title.. What a joke.

Again and Again, the UFO community and Aliens want-to-reals using ex-employees like they are more reliable of a source for their stories.

The first person who goes on their record and loses their job over it will earn my respect until then all these ex such and suchs are just a part of the misinformation, and have agenda for to make a successful career out of something they cared little about us knowing before retirement.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Loophole because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You know if they did land they would win more gold medals than England in the Olympics

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I personally believe any out of the ordinary / large scale event may well draw attention. If we were studying an alien lifeform on another planet, I'd think these sort of things.. major events, natural disasters, etc... would capture our interest and cause us to record it. So.. it's not out of the realm of possibility I think.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
UFO at the Olympics? That has already happened. Anyone remember the Los Angeles Olympics Closing Celebrations in 1984?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Keep an eye on the skies for saucers during the Olympics Games, warns former MoD UFO expert,
A very prudent warning. Disks, bell shaped objects that seem to flutter in the wind. Believe me, it happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
UFO at the Olympics? That has already happened. Anyone remember the Los Angeles Olympics Closing Celebrations in 1984?

www.youtube.com...

That is far out, not quite sure what to make of it, although the significance of the organisers creating such an event speaks volumes imo.

Also, watched Prometheus last night, that film is very interesting to the "we are being conditioned" theory, which I'm still skeptical on, however it would seem to make sense.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They're even taking bets on it.

British bookmakers are offering a wide array of bets during the London Olympics, including the possibility of a UFO sighting at the opening ceremonies.

www.thechronicle-online.com...

I wouldn't be surprised if they used some kind of holographic tech to project ads over the whole stadium, starting with a ufo hoax to get people's attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It would be downright inconsiderate of the ET's should they decide to show up during these events! The Olympics are about dedicated athletes who have devoted much of their young lives in training to become good enough to proudly represent their countries in their chosen sport/s, and the ET's should just keep what they have for noses out of them!
As for Mr Pope, either his British government pension doesn't pay enough (unlike the Canadian government), or he is part of the N.W.O's plans for a false flag operation that's intended to help unite the world's governments as one. I don't know what it is, but there's always been something about Pope that I can't quite put my finger on. In a relatively short time he's come from being a completely 'unknown', to being a major player in the u.f.o. disclosure field.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Daily Mail .
Sensationalistic Journalism at it's best/worst.

The daily mail is fast becoming the UK equivalent of the US National Enquirer.
I would take anything they publish with a pinch of salt.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't take anything Nick Pope says as serious.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Keep an eye on the skies for saucers during the Olympics Games, warns former MoD UFO expert,
A very prudent warning. Disks, bell shaped objects that seem to flutter in the wind. Believe me, it happens.

If it does, the IOC will shoot them down for Unauthorized Viewing of Olympic Content without negotiating '$rights$' first. And if they link in a 5-ring pattern? Whoo, thermonuclear interplanetary lawsuit scenario.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
hmmmm.....wonder what ol Nick's been watching....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join