It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares for war in Syria, army units

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by SrWingCommander

those will be nice juicy targets for S-300 ,buks and mig-31's.

American's Naval and Air Forces have been knocking back radar and SAM based air defenses since 1965. I like our chances.....

Wild Weasel, Iron Hand anyone..............

I didn't even mention the B2 in there.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

from what I read in the documents of bill cooper former naval intelligence ,USA,most of the american black weaponry is under british control,not american.Hell,britain's astrological chart is one of a kind,in ways comparable to Rome and the Mongol Empire.Rather an Hybrid.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

A simple word:narrowband HPM warheads are there in several of the Russian SAMs.I think that the real thing will be special black ops against Russia in making real havoc .Second stealth drones and stealth aircraft have shot down and captured too.

To be frank your F-15's and eurofighters have better chances against the ADM systems than those big B-1 or b-52

edit on 8-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
russia test fires missle over lebanon and Israel?

The glowing light reported in Israel's skies around 8:45 pm Thursday apparently resulted from of a failed intercontinental ballistic missile test by the Russian military, according to estimates.

www.ynetnews.com...

As to most of the posts in this thread - durrr my military is better then yours attitude, who really cares, if WW3 starts up, not really going to be any winners, especially for most of us posting on here.
edit on 8-6-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

your nato weapons are dependent on GPS .In war with Russia ,GPS will be a casualty to Russian ASAT satellites or weapons. renders your precision as dumb bombs.

and of course, you know everything about our military because they came out and told you right? i guess the military hasn't thought about what would happen if they couldn't rely on GPS. good thing they had you here to point it out.

He/She certainly seems to know a lot more than the US military itself
I think he/she is neither russian nor american
Prolly loves to stir the pot.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

Yes yes I am. You must be an indigo child, being able to judge someones nationality. Even though it says in one of my first posts that I am Russian but whatever. You apparently dont think so so I must not be.
And I think you added 2 posts together.
You took my trust of KGB sources in one post and combined it with Russians being able amongst the first the receive news about NASA. Learn to differentiate before you make stupid assumptions.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

It seems to be a big thing around. Starting trouble, this site has turned to crap.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Is a war not s an armed conflict between at least 2 opposing groups? I know it's all bluster it will never happen.
edit on 8-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

This in response to what? I'm getting bombarded so I'm lost. I apologize

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Hello DoctorMobius, ATS Readers, Writers,

WOW... good thread.... and worthy of note S&F from me..

Greetings ... I went to Moscow in the year 2000 not long after the Kursk incident, and was there when the Moscow TV tower burned up and no TV for all of Moscow for a few days..

It was something I just had to do, the "wall" had fallen, and we were friends for a while, figured I better go see it all before it was forbidden once again, or a major hassle..cold war kid here.. saw Cuban Missile crisis from my back yard via binocualrs..my father was involved with the blockade...

I did not get to see a lot of Russia, but what I saw was awesome.. the people are MUCH "harder" or "Stronger" than most western folks. They have a amazing fix it type attitude.. however.. saw them "improvising" repairs on stuff that was quite ingenious..lol. How to make that Volga run another few weeks..lol.

Some forget just how FAST the Russians wiped the Georgians bum for them.. who WERE USA equipped and trained by the way.. it did not "look good" to see on the TV news, Georgian troops filing into the conflict area wearing CANTEENS with US ARMY on them..in black letters.

The Russians have an amazing arsenal of weapons and anyone who thinks they arent a worry in battle.. well, hopefully we will NOT ever see THAT day, but it looks like it will show up eventually. They are quite a fighting force ten times the army anything the west has gone up against since Korea and China stepping in maybe..

I stayed in Moscow for almost a month, in a way off the track hotel, the last foreigner to stay there was 2 years prior according the lady at the check in.. I saw "Russia" AWAY from the tourist spots..amazing experience, the people were just precious, and friendly, very nice people.. just like 99.999% of people on Earth.. never REALLY could be your enemy if you just spent 5 minutes with them and/or their family..

I find it hard to agree with what is going on in the world by certain countries and leaders.. the masses sure dont want what is going on.. all this war everywhere.. people dying in the streets over political and economic goals by a few elite??? Terrible stuff!!

The headlines will read someday, that the war was declared because someone tried to take over one too many countries...and then the real war will happen...god forbid, but dang..

Isnt that what got Hitler in trouble?? Taking over one too many countries? Sept 2nd, 1939 I think... Poland??

Will the wests "Poland" be Syria, or Pakistan, Or the big one, Iran??? Let us hope not, and that some cooler heads can be found to turn DOWN the the burners on the kitchen stove before all the kettles boil over eh??

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

People don't realize we're all just human beings. I have no hate for a people, I have a few people I dislike but that wouldn't make me dislike a whole group of people. I wish Russia and US were on better terms, Putin and Bush ruined that one together. Lets hope for a better future for all of us.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You want a "valid point"? How about the fact that the US has not won a single "war" since WWII. You guys can all shout til your blue in the face about how your military is superior and everything, but the fact is that your forces are stretched as thin as they can possibly be while all of the armour and tech that your boys hide behind (our guys do without, and yet most of you wonder why our soldiers laugh at the training yours go through [paltry in comparison].) is rusting out and breaking down without replacement parts as we speak. Fact of the matter is, your forces are almost at their breaking point due to rust-out, low morale, and obscenely bad tactical planning on the part of the command structure within. Need I "split any more hairs" for you? If war happens with Russia/Iran/China/NK, it will be VERY bad for you Americans. The sad thing is, most of you know that and yet still refuse to acknowledge it. As if living in fantasy land will protect you when the metal meets the meat.
edit on 8/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Can anyone give me a valid reason why Russia would sacrifice it's own troops for a soon to be dead Syrian Despot? I just don't see why they will/would do it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I am a Russian
The power of assumption is powerful on ATS

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

You want a "valid point"? How about the fact that the US has not won a single "war" since WWII. You guys can all shout til your blue in the face about how your military is superior and everything, but the fact is that your forces are stretched as thin as they can possibly be while all of the armour and tech that your boys hide behind (our guys do without, and yet most of you wonder why our soldiers laugh at the training yours go through [paltry in comparison].) is rusting out and breaking down without replacement parts as we speak. Fact of the matter is, your forces are almost at their breaking point due to rust-out, low morale, and obscenely bad tactical planning on the part of the command structure within. Need I "split any more hairs" for you? If war happens with Russia/Iran/China/NK, it will be VERY bad for you Americans. The sad thing is, most of you know that and yet still refuse to acknowledge it. As if living in fantasy land will protect you when the metal meets the meat.
edit on 8/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

I understand how some things get people confused. The term used about the military when in it was involved in Iraq and Afganistan was stretched thin. And for the US this is true. However the US militarys view of streched thin is will they with the forces they have deployed in Iraq and Afganstan also be able to fight two major regional wars and also continue to defend the US and its allies from any other threats. Only a fraction of US combat forces have been involved in Iraq and Afganistan and most of those light forces. Those are the types of forces are used for "brush fire" wars while the heavy combat forces are used for majot regional wars. Now you could use heavy forces in a brush fire war if you wanted to exterminate the entire country but, thats not the way the west operates. I also find the rusting out and lack of replacement parts comentary amusing as most of the world takes US equipment that we consider out of date or old and they make it a core part of their armed forces. All that being said China and Russia despite not always agreeing on things are close with US on many issues and conflcit is not going to happen. They also know they never want to face the US in a stand up fight. Nobody has been able to do that since the second world war and nobody could do it now.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
OMG all the I hate USA die posts on here lmao.. Tell yall what send 10 drunk TEXANS over there wipe em all out in one night be done with it jeez you peoples lol....

Oh btw piss us off we may even send 10 Drunk TEXAN men lmao
edit on 8-6-2012 by Hamjoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This website is a complete joke. Its AnTi-uS. There's your "ATS".

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Russia does not have the ability to sustain a war. At best they could put up respectable resistance to the USA in the short term but in the long run we'd stomp a mudhole in their buts. Even if they teamed up with China.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamjoe
OMG all the I hate USA die posts on here lmao.. Tell yall what send 10 drunk TEXANS over there wipe em all out in one night be done with it jeez you peoples lol....

Oh btw piss us off we may even send 10 Drunk TEXAN men lmao
edit on 8-6-2012 by Hamjoe because: (no reason given)

ok,, ya thats good

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Russia does not have the ability to sustain a war. At best they could put up respectable resistance to the USA in the short term but in the long run we'd stomp a mudhole in their buts. Even if they teamed up with China.

Russia does not have the ability to sustain,,

sustain,,this is 2012,, u think in Bliezkrig,SS,, Ground Air,,etc,,,

this battle is being fought,,with,,atom's protons electrons,,higgs bosumtrons,, tron ,,trons,,
oppss, sorry,,
back too regular programing,,
cue music.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join