It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares for war in Syria, army units

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I had made similar points about the cost and the amount spent by Militaries of the world. Just the way the cost of goods is inflated by the contractors, it is the same in many countries if not all. Nevertheless, it is a valid point.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

once NATO decides to intervene and attack the Pskov ,it will be open chemical,biological,torsional and nuclear warfare and open mass destruction of entire nations and continents with exception of Russia,Switzerland and Good part of Israel because all of them have good civil defence .As for war have you forgotten Israel's defeat by hezbollah.And yes Afghans were being armed by americans in 80's with advanced weaponry.Today no one is arming afghans with advanced weapons. Or else the results would have devastating for NATO.

Russian doctrine is preemptive nuclear doctrine if interests are threatened.
edit on 8-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

your nato weapons are dependent on GPS .In war with Russia ,GPS will be a casualty to Russian ASAT satellites or weapons. renders your precision as dumb bombs.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Well the nations that have powerful mundane astrological charts are (starting from most powerful):

1)Britain
2)Russia
3)Israel
4)China
5)USA

Britain actually had the best chart of all and it enabled Britain to create a world empire but now the time is near its end.
Russia 's chart indicates great military prowess and capability for coming years
Israel has a powerful chart.
USA chart is near end.
China has an chart which indicates it will be a world power for hundreds of years.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In response to the last several posts.

It's not whether or not the Western Forces can defeat the Russian Airborne Division or not. I would say they most certainly can, as NATO can move, "the firstest with the mostest". BUT I would not want to see the casualty rates on rooting out a dug in (especially Urban) Russian VDV unit, for both sides.

This Russian cadre, while potentially powerful (the airborne division and armored brigade, if both are deployed would be about 20k men), is essentially a trip wire force.

The bigger issue is if NATO intervines they will be fighting the Russians, and that opens up Pandora's box. The Russian's are saying, "if you come here, you are fighting Russians".

Frankly after some reading here and other sites last night, the Syrian Rebels are mostly supported by Muslim Brotherhood. I don't like Assad, but a Syrian run by Muslim Brotherhood is a HUGE problem, especially with the same in Egypt. Your setting up for the 1973 war all over again if that happens....

We are damned if we do, damned if we don't. There will be a regional war in the middle east sooner or later. Between MB taking over, Iran putting supplies in to Syria, Israel wanting to hit Iran, Iran threatening to wipe out Israel, the US trying to clamp down on terror and secure energy, the Russians jumping in. Various extremist groups wanting calephate. It's like 1914 all over again.

It really doesn't take much here anymore. It's like all the players are standing in a puddle of gasoline, and all are holding matches, it's just a matter of who accidently drops one first.

www.topix.com...

And I just found that...apparently the Russians are flying in Iranian troops
edit on 8-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: link

edit on 8-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

once NATO decides to intervene and attack the Pskov ,it will be open chemical,biological,torsional and nuclear warfare and open mass destruction of entire nations and continents with exception of Russia,Switzerland and Good part of Israel because all of them have good civil defence .As for war have you forgotten Israel's defeat by hezbollah.And yes Afghans were being armed by americans in 80's with advanced weaponry.Today no one is arming afghans with advanced weapons. Or else the results would have devastating for NATO.

Russian doctrine is preemptive nuclear doctrine if interests are threatened.
edit on 8-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

That's a bit extreme. I think it would stop short of that, but it won't be pretty either.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by elpistolero1
LOL at the arrogant american coments. you fail, I hope Russia and China punish your warmonger country once for all.
Your warmonger, WMD's builder country makes me sick.

May god have mercy of your people, 'cause the punishment will be great.
Never understimate your enemy.
edit on 7/6/12 by elpistolero1 because: (no reason given)

You are TOO FUNNY! LOL! You still don't understand what level the U.S. Military has reached and very soon will be at a level that will change the face of WAR. ICBM's....will be OBSOLETE. SLBM's....OBSOLETE. Number of troops any one country or all of them may have....OBSOLETE.

We are installing Direct Energy Weapons right now Boy's and Girl's. These weapons along with a whole new generation of Non-Lethal but Military Obliterating Weaponry as well as a Free Electron Laser System....NUCLEAR POWERED...will allow any target on Earth....Deep in the Ocean....In Space....on the surface of the Seas...or deep Underground....to be easily Targeted and VAPORIZED!

While other countries are trying to build Ships or Nukes...we have already developed and are in the process of installing the ULTIMATE WEAPON SYSTEM. It is self protected....and the FEL can Vaporize a hole through 1000 feet of SOLID STEEL IN A FEW SECONDS. Read up on it. It is very real and very lethal.

You can hate us all you want...just don't be stupid enough to pick a FIGHT with us! Split Infinity

Ahem, would all those technological wonders include the US's top fighter jet and the most expensive to build (the F=22) that's still asphyxiating the pilots?

Pride goeth before the fall.

edit on 8-6-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So the tyrant Putin continues to supply arms to the beast Assad?

So the tyrant Putin continues to reject and delay concrete action against his fellow barbarian Assad, while more and more innocents get slaughtered by the beast's forces?

So the tyrant Putin smacks down his armed gauntlet hands onto the peace table and shouts 'Nyet!' to military rescue operations to prevent further slaughter to our innocent fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria, by threatening war to the free world if it does so?

Then he best be prepared.

Free Mankind will whack down hard its own armed gauntlet hands onto that same table, smashing it to pieces and say 'let's dance then!'.

Best that deluded tyrant is awake enough to realize that there are millions of arms bearing capable angry and frustrated youths around the world today, including in his own country, spoiling for a good cause to fight in - to protect loved ones and future generations against political and economic tyranny in our inter-connected world today. Russia alone is most certainly ripe for freedom and an end to his political and economic tyranny. Our fellow human brothers and sisters in Russia are just waiting for the opportunity....

If Putin and his fellow animals around the world wishes to continue and even seeking for more humans to be sacrificed on the altars of tyranny, then he and his barbarian allies will be the first to be sacrificed upon their own altars by an angry mankind, to destroy the last of the few barbarians that exists in our world today, whom had been sacrificing humans and hindering our progress and evolution.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So today's new Russia is working with the US and they are working on a transition plan for Assad. Doesnt sound like war to me...sounds like two sides coming together and agreement.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Russia cant even defeat the Chechens for crying out loud.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

So Putin, the man trying to save civilian lives in Syria by restricting unilateral strikes from UN forces, is a beast? My friend, your 'Freedom' loving nation has killed and maimed more civilians than any other in it's short history.
Look at the statistics of the Iraq war. Over 1 million Iraqi casualties and over half are civilians. The US army Vets have also admitted to killing civilians for sport and planting weapons on them.

The US is pushing for it's own agenda in Syria and the sooner the public realises, the better.

The USA is hellbent on crushing Syria (who's casualties are barely a fraction of Libya's during the NATO airstrikes) and Iran but both Russia and China aren't going to sit idle.

If it comes down to it the East will rise to face the West and mutual destruction is assured.
NATO has better technology but it simply can't compare to the Chinese numbers or Russia's genetic strength. The Russians are in top physical condition whereas fat/obese rates in the USA number every 1/3.

The only thing stopping the USA from being slaughtered in Afghanistan and Iraq is the fact the British, German, French, Irish and Australians are the ones taking the fight to the enemy and are saving your 'Marines' cry baby asses from death.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

chechen rebellion has been neutralized since a long time.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

your nato weapons are dependent on GPS .In war with Russia ,GPS will be a casualty to Russian ASAT satellites or weapons. renders your precision as dumb bombs.

and of course, you know everything about our military because they came out and told you right? i guess the military hasn't thought about what would happen if they couldn't rely on GPS. good thing they had you here to point it out.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

LOL Go America.

Can I just point out that you are currently losing a war against one of the poorest nations in the world that are armed mainly with small arms, rocket launchers and explosives.

I wouldn't be shouting about your military might to much.

Hardware means nothing. Its the willingness to die for cause that wins a war.

Yea and Russia lost to trash-can-istan so what is your point exactly?
They were pretty darn poor too.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and of course, you know everything about our military because they came out and told you right? i guess the military hasn't thought about what would happen if they couldn't rely on GPS. good thing they had you here to point it out.

I was just going to say there is always carpet bombing by B-1's and B-52's...........

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yea man, people always think they know everything. I don't claim to know anything.But I do know some things

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I disagree. England is very powerful, They hold/hold possessions all over the globe. Including some of the hardest empires to crack. Like China, Pakistan and India. Yes United States in bigger and stronger but England is insanely Powerful when compared to much larger countries. Furthermore if you aren't residing in US,Russia, India or China your country is in fact weaker from a military standpoint . Fact not opinion

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

those will be nice juicy targets for S-300 ,buks and mig-31's.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

It seems your spiting hairs to try and make a valid point.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

From what I know the american military strategies stated by geopolitical foundations were:

1)mass artillery targetting to compensate for accuracy.
2)Tactical nukes
3)inertial navigation for cruise missiles(pretty good against industrial targets with 50-100 meter CEP.,GPS gives 3-5 meters)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join