It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares for war in Syria, army units

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Don't forget all the fails of england. WW2 for england was a disaster. You would be gone if America didn't join to help you and the polish airforce (im a polish patriot even though my country went to crap). plus the gallipoli campaign was a super fail.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GlueEater

I am not british.Check my posts ,I love to expose the crimes and mass genocides of the British Empire.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Yeah, England have enough relics consisting of rusted out shields and swords to bring down every country in the middle east. Give me a break, England are useless without the USA. Tell me the last time they won a major war ob their own? 1660 or something? They even struggled to defeat the black death...
edit on 7-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

We won the Falklands in the 1980's, Sierra Leone in the early 2000's. What about Australia? Do you still ethnically cleanse the Aboriginals these days?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlueEater

Don't forget all the fails of england. WW2 for england was a disaster. You would be gone if America didn't join to help you and the polish airforce (im a polish patriot even though my country went to crap). plus the gallipoli campaign was a super fail.

At least we didn't get invaded by both our ally and enemy, unlike your pathetic country. You can thank us later for being the only nation that bothered to think about you, when really we should have just left you and every other European nation to the Nazis.

Hey, if we're such a bad nation, why do so many of you come here to clean our toilets for £2 an hour?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlueEater

firstly it's not ''England'' it's Great Britain... my 2nd point is where are you getting your information.....even if the japanese hadn't bombed pearl harbor and brought the US into the war there is still a chance we would have won.....the nazi occupation of france at that time was very delicate with resistance pockets everywhere. if we had no support from the states that is one of the areas we would have exploited to gain an advantage..

perhaps you should do some research before making false claims

edit on 8-6-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
reply to post by murch

Lol that isn't a real war! We are fighting a bunch of cowards scared to don a uniform. And last I checked Afghanistan holds free elections! Suicide bombing is not war! If we unleashed our true arsenal on them it would be condemned by all nations. Going up against Taliban is like lebron James playing one on one with a paraplegic! And don't even bring al Qaeda. They don't even exist anymore thanks our CIA drone strikes!!

If that is not a ''Real'' war then where the hell did the bullet wound in my shoulder come from and why have i lost family and friends over there.......you clearly have no clue about the afghan culture and history...they may not wear a uniform but the are excellent fighters who use the strengths they have..... they know the terrain and they are very adept at setting up an ambush

i suggest you refrain from commenting about war since you obviously know nothing about it and you make yourself look like a complete buffoon......... over and out

edit on 8-6-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
OK let’s take Russia's last "war" 1979 conclusion:

Mikhail Gorbachev took Russia out of the Afghanistan fiasco when he realized what many Russian leaders had been too scared to admit in public - that Russia could not win the war and the cost of maintaining such a vast force in Afghanistan was crippling Russia's already weak economy - Oh and by the way The SAS trained the Mujahedeen to defend against the Russia.

I am not going to sit her and read all these comments about how #ty British forces is. If we are that # how come the USA are all ways wanting us to fight next to them? OK in WW2 we would not have won the war with out the US or Russia but we did not sit there and watch Germany play monopoly with surrounding countries. UK and France took a stand knowing that we might not win THAT TAKES BALLS NO ONE CAN DENNIE THAT. We might not have the largest army or arsenal in the world but we have very highly trained army/air/sea forces. People that know the British army will tell you this.

People saying we are losing a war in Middle East that's not a full scale war. If it was there would not be no Afghanistan/Iraq left we would have leveled all of it by now. I guess what I am trying to say is we might be small but we have got Balls and the training and weapons to do damage. UK and USA will all ways fight side by side which I am glad about. Do I think US,UK,EUROPE,AUSSIES,INDIA,CANADA just to name a few would defeat Russia and China yes I do. But do I want to see this war happen No I do not. War = death too many innocent man women and children What have no say In the matter.

One day I wish to see the world in peace imagine going to the middle east as a westerner and experiencing there food culture and sights without fearing for your life. One day I reckon we will live in peace (but not in my life time). I think this can only happen where you respect the next person believe and culture and we do not fight over money and resources. I wish this for my children's as do any normal parent. I just hope our children do not end up being as dumb as we and are world leaders are today.

edit on 8-6-2012 by funnybones because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by funnybones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Well, the war you speak of is merely a policing action, if the USA really wanted to clean up afghanistan we surely have the manpower and firepower to conclude it quickly, however like Vietnam, they are allowing the politicians to direct the war vs. the generals. Being both a former Army Ranger and Navy Seal who has real experince and an opinion based up facts and life experinces, the Russians are no match for us IF we allow the military to execute the game plan and not the politico's, we have technologies that the civilian world has not even seen yet that will make Flash and Awe look like child's play. Beyond that I am most hopeful that before any action takes place our leaders truly understand the cost in blood and life not only of those who bravely server, but those who sit nervously at home while their loved ones are in harms way.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Far too many westerners under estimate the russians, that will be their downfall in my opinion. Exactly look what they did to the germans at a lot of times with a serious lack of equipment, on the other hand USA in modern war scenarios they are extremely well equipped especially compared to their enemies and still can't get the job done

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have a lot of respect for the Russians and the Chinese military. I have a lot of respect for our military and since I live here I support them. Our soldiers are brave and well trained but so are the soldiers of other countries. Both Russia and china have excellent technology. We assume that since our military costs so much that it is the best but our military contractors are severely overpaid. That is not the case in other countries, their military budgets could cost half as much to accomplish the same thing. I'm sure the cost of a nuclear weapon here in the USA is double of what it costs in Russia and four times it's cost in China. That doesn't make a difference on it's quality at all. I am adjusting for cost of living when I estimate these figures. We overpay for many things in the USA, that is a conspiracy in itself at top levels.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

England or should I say Great Britain have had loads of wars since 1660 some alone some private e.g. the raiding of spanish fleets from the Americas and to my knowledge it's usually the US asking the brits to join you. You guys joined the war after the Japanese bombed Pearl harbour, but you guys still played a nasty political game till the lead up to that which is one of the reasons Pearl harbour was bombed.

Sometimes alliances are needed as their is always dictators coming about, on all sides. I love it when the yankees big up themselves change your shoes with the UK in history and your big headedness would have you killed off especially against the likes of Napoleon

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I am Russian you fool!
Aronos Kovarsky pleased to meet you.
Please inform ME of MY culture. Explain it to me as you would a child.
Russia is pure propaganda, trust me.
By the way its kindergartner or kindergartener not kinder gardner, mister college graduate.
edit on 7-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

Holy crap, that is one of the best replies I have ever read on this site! Absolute BURN.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Look, I have had the pleasure of working with some Russians at Exodus Communications - Ah how would a college graduate talk to a kinder gardner... thats the difference in brain power. and if you view Russian YouTubes like I do - I find their culture interesting they are communist but their society is like America use to be after 1946. and just like America in that period of time is what we will be up against. remember we had technical superiority in just about every engagement we have entered... how many have we won ? .... also, if you want to see how they fight - go back to 1945 and see what they did to the Germans.... and .... and ..... and we are screwed if this thing gets going -

russians smarter...?meh, not really. i wouldn't say they're technically superior either, and the russians only fended off the germans because 1) they were more prepared for the winter and 2) germany couldn't touch their numbers. 1/3 of the total deaths from WWII were russian. that's around 24 million.

picture a line of german tanks, then think how many foot soldiers it would take to destroy all those tanks.

though your above points are misguided, russia and china will start WWIII and almost win. once it's over, people will be so tired of death that humanity might just pull together.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I don't think Russia and China technically will start WW3, the actions of the USA will instigate these countries to start it. Who actually starts a fight? It's usually the one who starts pushing others around but in America it is not legally that way. Our laws usually say the guy who throws the first swing is the cause even though he has been belittled and harassed to fight. This allows the powers that be to stay in control using parts of Ad Hominem. The American way.

I may cut down some of our policies but still am very patriotic and support our military. I also support the local police and even the State police. I also believe our legal system on a local basis is not that bad.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

russians were caught unaware of the german assault that was the reason for 24 million deaths. I am happy that Russians are sending the pskov brigade to stop the madness.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

10 to 1 .What? a bunch of peasants . A real resistance armed with advanced weaponry would give you terrible losses in the battlefield and there is possiblity that commanders will use nukes.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
mkgandhas, you spout so much crap it's unbelievable.

The US army is doing the best possible when remembering it's fighting against guerilla style warfare which is impossible to completely eradicate without wiping out the entire area.
The Russians were also in Afghanistan, and they did poorly

You better realize that if the US or NATO forces decide to intervene in Syria, no pskov brigade (or any Russian bridage for that matter) will have the balls to stand in the way. If by any chance they do gather the courage to be in the way, they will be swiftly removed, only to hear you cry and whine on ATS about US hostility towards Russia.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

The US army is doing the best possible when remembering it's fighting against guerilla style warfare which is impossible to completely eradicate without wiping out the entire area.

You better realize that if the US or NATO forces decide to intervene in Syria, no pskov brigade (or any Russian bridage for that matter) will have the balls to stand in the way. If by any chance they do gather the courage to be in the way, they will be swiftly removed, only to hear you cry and whine on ATS about US hostility towards Russia.

If this is your best then you are a weaker and more useless nation than I first imagined. Leave Syria alone, the Russians and Chinese will wipe their asses on your face and you will be sent packing.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

your first two points are well made and in my opinion correct however..........

if nato go into syria the russians and the chinese will not stand for it......

who would be victorious we cannot know but to doubt russian bravery in a military situation is nothing short of idiocy im afraid

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

If this is your best then you are a weaker and more useless nation than I first imagined. Leave Syria alone, the Russians and Chinese will wipe their asses on your face and you will be sent packing.

Not only am I confused as to what you mean by "if this is your best", I also have absolutely no idea what does me being a 'useless nation' has to do with anything I said. I wasn't even glorifying my own nation.

The "wipe their asses on your face" remark only ensures my suspicion that you are indeed mad, bro. Suck it up.
And next time you reply atleast make some common sense or raise a valid point. Hell, atleast be ontopic.

Originally posted by Ph03n1x

who would be victorious we cannot know but to doubt russian bravery in a military situation is nothing short of idiocy im afraid

Nah I'm not doubting the Russians, I doubt they'll supply Syria with a force strong enough to stand between US/NATO if they choose to intervene.
What I'm saying is that even if they do stand between them they will surely be outgunned and be dealt with fast enough. I can't see Russia bringing whole fleets and battalions to actually have a chance to battle the US/NATO invasion force, if there will even be such a thing.
edit on 8-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join