It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares for war in Syria, army units

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

The one thing I can at least say for the US military, they are the most battle hardened military force in the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Russia would play chess when Syria is attacked and take Georgia unexpected creating a divide and conquer. Don't think it would work but it would divide any NATO forces going into Syria and make those that are on the fence stay on it or to decide to hide behind it. And it would most likely be a stale mate as forces stop fighting and withdraw from the conflicts in order to avoid all out war. Then you would end up with pop shots from outside groups and terrorism and who is a terrorist would be brought up at the UN and a debate would begin on American actions in Syria. Russian actions in Georgia. Syrian actions aginst its own people. The only winners would be Iran and North Korea not being in the spot light any more. Georgia would get there dose of reconstruction money they get every few years for being a pawn. So really it plays to no ones advantage. They have to stay on the fence and hope to win over the other side before they take on Syria.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Half of the returning soldiers are on disability of some kind. That's not good.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Half of our returning soldiers are somehow disabled, I think the subcontracted food is causing problems. Too many chemicals.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Bearack

Half of the returning soldiers are on disability of some kind. That's not good.

I'd love to see those stats if you have them.

And even if that were true, that would mean that half of the US force would more experienced than all nations combined.

And I'm not intentionally tooting the horn here. Just noting a fact.

On another note, we've also gone back to mechanized Calvary versus requiring vast number of infantry.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't believe your statement and I am one of the returning disabled when you become disabled from combat you are cycled out. Somebody always takes your place. So for this fact alone you cannot say the US military is 50% disabled. In fact we are 100% and as strong as ever

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I am Russian you fool!
Aronos Kovarsky pleased to meet you.
Please inform ME of MY culture. Explain it to me as you would a child.
Russia is pure propaganda, trust me.
By the way its kindergartner or kindergartener not kinder gardner, mister college graduate.
edit on 7-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

LMAO, best post in this entire thread

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
lol, I remember back in the 70's my friend was a machinist for TI [Texas Instruments] the Soviets sent a drill bit claiming it was the smallest drill bit in the world, They drilled a whole threw it and sent it back lmao,, We have things no one has ever seen or could even imagine...
and Syria? come on the real pecker-woods in the wood pile is Pakistan over 70 idiots killed by drone strikes alone in the last few years not to mention OBL was hide out there by there own government.

Yes all governments in the whole world are bs. so if any of em wanna bs a bs'er bring it on USA is the world and the world depends on USA.......

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, I was a little off somehow probably from reading the article wrong. Here's one article which states 22 percent with PTSD plus you add the ones with other injuries and it probably goes up to twenty eight percent. Maybe the article I read before stated that half the soldiers could not return to active duty because of conditions they incurred. I can't find the article but here's one.phys.org... I'm not sure of the trustworthiness of this organization.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Well its about time I would say. Still though they are an army of greenhorns. When was Russia last in major war? When are the United States and England at war? Everyday

Against a civilian population and rebels?

Maybe they'll be more efficient at handling logistics and communication, considered they've had much practice for 10 years.. but "war"? Nah.

No amount of readiness whatsoever for superpowers butting heads. Forget it.

None of this will happen.. and I'm not too big on eating crow.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I am Russian you fool!
Aronos Kovarsky pleased to meet you.
Please inform ME of MY culture. Explain it to me as you would a child.
Russia is pure propaganda, trust me.
By the way its kindergartner or kindergartener not kinder gardner, mister college graduate.
edit on 7-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

Actually, you are not Russian; and probably have never been to Russia (maybe just on a bus trip around Moscow or Saint-Petersburg).

Last time you told that Spetsnaz KGB monitored space communications. You are fake.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Russia does have some tricks up her sleeve. They are not new tricks they are just forgotten tricks. Like hiding things in plain sight, think of something so simple no one would ever think it to be useful. But deception and subterfuge can only take you far when your facing a foe that could rain you with missiles nonstop for months on end from the otherside of the world or even from outer space.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok thread thus far has been duly read and the only thing I can glean from this is that taxes are likely to go up to fund the war machine and I can kiss my a** goodbye

Wolfie

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yeah I checked your article and it does seem sketchy.
That's the one thing I don't like about the Internet. Anybody with middle school education can make an article about anything on the web and we get drawn in like some chumps. My daughter is only 3 and she gets on the computer and the tablet and knows how to pull up files and all. It just amazes me watching her do it. I could sit there and watch her for hours lol. Anyways back on topic. There is a lot of military members with PTSD but they aren't necessarily disabled unless they can no longer do they're job

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
training excersizes

Watch the left hand wash the other one in plain sight?
Only on MSM; where we are indoctrinated what is real.

The existence of these training exercises proves that official claims that the events of September 11 were unimaginable have been false. However, future investigations of 9/11 will need to determine whether these exercises served a more nefarious purpose. For example, might they have been intended as a smokescreen for rogue individuals working within the military and other government agencies who were involved in planning the attacks? Thus, if colleagues overheard these individuals discussing matters such as planes hitting the World Trade Center or crashing into the Pentagon, they could have claimed they were simply talking about a forthcoming training exercise.

northwoods

Operation Northwoods was developed in secret and remained secret for thirty-five years, being declassified in late 1997. Following that, its contents were publicized in increments.

November 18, 1997: The John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Review Board declassified about 1500 pages of previously secret military records, including the Northwoods documents.

November 6, 1998: The National Security Archive published "Appendix to Enclosure A" and "Annex to Appendix to Enclosure A" of the Northwoods documents online.

November 29, 1998: CNN airs "Episode 10: Cuba" as part of its televised Cold War documentary series.

Late April, 2001: James Bamford's book "Body of Secrets" is published. Billed as an expose on the NSA, the book functioned primarily to highlight Operation Northwoods.

April 30, 2001: The National Security Archive published the Northwoods documents online in a form that included the memoranda.

With the release of "Body of Secrets" and the Northwoods memoranda in the spring of 2001, mainstream media such as ABCNews.com began to publicize the operation, just a few months before the 9/11 attack.

We're being primed.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
I know people like to blow their own horns around here, but if you want to see how it would stack up, watch Deadliest Warrior, Spetznatz vs Army Ranger. Don't kid yourselves, the Russians are stone cold killers. They simply don't care about personal safety.

The Russians have a lot going for them and have proven that they are worthy,but overall,Spetsnaz and the average Russian soldier cannot be compared.Spetsnaz get all of the fine training and equipment and the average Russian soldier is piss poor compared to Spetsnaz

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Sadly though it would mean that our best and bravest would die and the world would be populated by a bunch of weak,sick minded fools just like the case was after WW2.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

It seems to me that you do not know the definition of war, so allow me to clear that up for you. A war is when TWO armies are fighting. By that definition, the US has not had a war since Vietnam.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Yes that's true. The weak can't or won't challenge the TPTB either.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

The troups of Iraq's were real armies. It was a legitimate government. Fighting terrorist and insurgents is a different story, they aren't technically considered armies even though they have structure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join