It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares for war in Syria, army units

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Ok well then take everything I directed at you and apply it to the Americans. My point is still valid. Who's splitting hairs now?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Just because you have lots of equipment (so much so that you sell obsolete platforms and parts) does not mean that it is in any better condition than the equipment of any other western military force. It just means that the price is right. Need I also mention that all of your Strykers and LAV-25s are manufactured up here in Canada? Have you ever been in-theatre? If you had, you would know that getting medial things like CLP for heavy weapons and batteries for comms and optics is like pulling teeth (keep in mind that it is even worse still for us Canadians, as we have to lie, barter and steal to get what we can out of the supply chain, so this is not anti-american chest-thumping.) I am merely stating the truth of the matter. Also, Iraq and Afghanistan only account for a fraction of their deployed personnel that have been stationed around the world as part of this farcicle "War on Terrorism" that will basically run American forces into the ground if it continues in kind with what I've seen so far.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Can anyone give me a valid reason why Russia would sacrifice it's own troops for a soon to be dead Syrian Despot? I just don't see why they will/would do it.

Syria hosts Russia's only warm water port.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
LOL at the arrogant american coments. you fail, I hope Russia and China punish your warmonger country once for all.
Your warmonger, WMD's builder country makes me sick.

May god have mercy of your people, 'cause the punishment will be great.
Never understimate your enemy.
edit on 7/6/12 by elpistolero1 because: (no reason given)

Such hate in your comment. I bet if you lived in a superpower country you'd be all patriotic and gung-ho to talk up your countrys' war machine. The fact that you can't is probably why you're so "sick".

It doesn't matter who the top dogs are they'll crap on others to get what they want. If Mexico or Bangladesh, for example, were filthy rich and had a massive war machine they'd be punking on Albania or somebody to secure some vital interest. It's just the way it goes. Whatever country you're from would do the same. That doesn't make it right. But if it wasn't the evil ole' U.S. it'd be somebody else.

I seem to remember something about Russia punking around on its' neighbors, China too. It happens.

The day will surely come when the U.S. gets whipped (and you can't throw up some limited conflict like Afghanistan. That isn't a war for the U.S., it's a FUBAR police type action). Until that day comes however, you can fill yourself with hate and rage that we have a bigger stick than you do...and we use it often and know very well how to use it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Please just move on. Your connected to America and owned by the crown. Enjoy the hellfire.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sanic9k1

WOW! I guess you are still a bit sensitive over CORNJULIO not surrendering his sword in person and went off to pout! LOL!

I actually LIKE people from the U.K. and with the exception of my Revolutionary War Peeve....I have not been making disparaging remarks toward people from the U.K. It seems I have brought out the worse in you.

But still...the U.K. relies mostly on U.S. made systems to keep themselves safe. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Can anyone give me a valid reason why Russia would sacrifice it's own troops for a soon to be dead Syrian Despot? I just don't see why they will/would do it.

All the more reason for them to prepare for the post Assad era. They are on the wrong side of the Syrian people on this one.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

All the more reason for them to prepare for the post Assad era. They are on the wrong side of the Syrian people on this one.

Are you in Syria? Have you ever been to Syria? Do you know how long that port has been in use by the Russians? Try going back to the days of the Soviet Union. Russia has been doing billions of dollars worth of business every year with Syria since before Assad even came to power, but suddenly its a problem because the US, the Saudis and a few others stuck their big noses into the middle east and got the Syrian sunnis up in arms. Literally.

A Libyan redux. We'll never flipping learn.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yea, the rebels are the good guys

link

Syrian rebels tried to get me killed, says Channel 4 correspondent Alex Thomson says crew was led to 'free-fire zone' as deaths would discredit Bashar al-Assad's regime

"I'm quite clear the rebels deliberately set us up to be shot by the Syrian army. Dead journos are bad for Damascus."

edit on 9-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Supporting Assad is a losing proposition now. The trade is vastly one way, in Russia's favor. If Assad falls, Russia will most probably be kicked out by a new Syrian Govt. No, I'm not Syrian, the writing is on the wall for Assad though, it's just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I'm not saying the anti-Assad forces are any angels, compared to Assad, they are a better option, certainly not an ideal one. Assad is damaged goods.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Juggernog

I'm not saying the anti-Assad forces are any angels, compared to Assad, they are a better option, certainly not an ideal one. Assad is damaged goods.

No, the writing is on the wall for the United States and if you're in Michigan, no one should know better than you about damaged goods. Its almost funny because no one is even going to have to hire armed thugs to get it done in the US, the banks that profit from all the bloody war mongering will just hand us our eviction notices and we'll all just say "oh, okay" and go live happily under a bridge somewhere.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sanic9k1

Oh...and one more thing...you can call U.S. Citizens anything you want but look this up...the U.S. Workforce is the most productive in the World. One U.S. Worker is more productive than ANY OTHER WORKER FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH!

This is why Japan chose the United States as the Country to Build their Largest Auto Factories. More TOYOTA'S are built in the United States than in any other Country and this includes Japan. GM has regained it's #1 In the World Status as Largest Producers of Autos. Plus as the U.S. Economy Recovers...you will notice a DIRECT CORRELATION to How Countries like Russia, China, India, North Korea....etc...will back down to a Greater Extent than when dealing with a U.S. that is in a state of a weakened Economy.

This topic and it's premise that Russia would attempt to go to WAR over SYRIA...is a JOKE. The Russian Military is VASTLY under trained...has very little ability to attempt Force Projection and even if Russian Tanks did roll into Damascus...they have very little ability to supply their forces and the U.S....would watch as this JOKE became a DISASTER for the Russians!

Russia has been making HOLLOW THREATS for some time as PUTIN...desiring to be an ENDLESS RUSSIAN LEADER as his real plans are to make as much Money for Himself and his old Ex-KGB buddies...is willing to say just about anything that makes it appear to the OLDER Russian Demographic that Russia is a Political, Economic and Military Force to be reckoned with! IT IS NOT. When Russian Troops were sent to Bosnia...they were dropped into a WAR ZONE without Water, Food or adequate supply or ammunition.

The U.K. and the U.S. had to help the poor SOB's who got sent there by getting them FRESH WATER, FOOD and Medical Supplies as the Russian had ZERO SUPPORT of any kind from their own Military as they did not have a way to get them the supplies...so they had to rely on the U.S.and other NATO Members to help them survive.

Russian Troops at this time are GREEN as well as still using equipment that has never Proved Itself in a Fight! To use these troops in this way will NOT HAPPEN! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Believe what you will.......Assad will not survive.....even the Russians are good with him leaving Syria if that's what the Syrian people want. Either his own forces will topple him, the rebel forces or even a Nato/UN force. It's just a matter of who and when.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Canadian...eh? LOL!
Have Canadian Family Members....can't seem to cure them! LOL!

Really though....Canada is the 51st State. And I know many Canadians take exception to this...but it is basically true. I have been to Canada more times than I can remember...always had a good time unless it was Really Cold Out...and when I mean COLD...I mean...Getty Lee's Balls went up a few more inches cold! LOL!

Honestly though...I like Canadians and I am a HUGE BRUINS FAN...I was kind of shocked at what happened after the ruins won the Stanley Cup!? What was that all about?

Most people even in Canada don't know how many Joint Canadian/U.S. Military Bases there are...there are many. Canada and the U.S. share alot in common with each other and when the Russian Military Threat Assessment comes out every year...it ALWAYS say's...North American...United States and Canada Offensive and Defensive Capabilities and Strategies. With the exception of Quebec....and they are ALWAYS Bitching about something...a Small U.S. or Canadian Town are very much the same...I guess tat is why we have so many Canadian Relatives in U.S. Families and Vice/Versa. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Just because I realize what you say to be true doesn't mean I have to like it lol. Yes I am Canadian, but I do not speak for Canadians. Alot of us suffer from this misguided view that we are special in some way shape or form without actually doing anything to earn it. I really only have respect for the Francophone portion of this country, as they seem to stand up for their beliefs not just when it's convenient, but when it is frowned upon in the public eye as well. Most Canadians will abandon their ideologies real quick when it becomes inconvenient for them. Most westerners are the same in that regard, I believe, as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Believe what you will.......Assad will not survive.....even the Russians are good with him leaving Syria if that's what the Syrian people want. Either his own forces will topple him, the rebel forces or even a Nato/UN force. It's just a matter of who and when.

As it stands right now, nobody survives if Israel, the US and NATO wants them dead. It doesn't have anything to do with what I do or don't believe, its right out there for god and everybody to witness. And the terrible triplet's hired .... uh, rebels will keep hammering at Syria until the people don't know which way is up. Like any form of torture, the Syrians will end up saying whatever the torturer demands to get the pain to stop, and isn't that convenient for those who want Syria for their very own.

So yeah, the regular old ransackers may get Syria in their bag, too, at least no one's stopped them yet. But if history is any guide, someone will.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Go look at the history of Papa Assad and the city of Hama. Were we involved in that as well?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Go look at the history of Papa Assad and the city of Hama. Were we involved in that as well?

About all I know about Hafez is that he was dedicated to reclaiming the Golan Heights from Israel and he tried to convince the Arab states to declare Israel's right to exist in exchange for that land. He might even have gotten that done ~ until Bibi was elected and the whole peace process took another turn for the worse.

Was he brutal? You bet and he was always treated with respect by our government. Well, as long as he was useful to them, just like we treat all of our "friendly" tyrants.

But Syria isn't Assad anymore than the US is Obama and we'd do well to deal with the tyranny in our own country FIRST before we spout self righteousness about others.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by mkgandhas

I think the dude/dudette is not a UK or US national
Its the 'inferiority' complex thats being typed on this thread. My guess is Asian

edit on 11-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join