It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lost The Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I live in Wisconsin and poured my soul in the recall efforts to remove Scott Walker from office. It had nothing to do with sour grapes from 2010 or any of that crap. I wasn't even thinking of recalling until he started attacking the whole state. He lied. He did raise our taxes. I have proof. It's on my friggen check stub. As soon as congress gave that big tax cut, he put in a tax increase so I saw the federal taxes lowered and the state taxes go up. He basically cancelled out the federal tax break. I saw him refuse BILLIONS of federal dollars for rebuilding the roads and creating an updated rail system connecting Wisconsin with it's neighbors that would create jobs. I saw him take a surplus and give it away to rich people in the state and then turn around and lie to us saying we're broke and it's all the unions fault. I saw the unions concede huge chunks of their pension only to have him refuse their proposal so he could strip them of their rights. I saw everyone protesting all year long. I saw his campaign ads. Lie after lie after lie. This was truly Money vs People and the people lost.

We lost

And I lost my faith. I lost my faith in politics . I lost my faith in the political system. It's over. The United States of America became an OLIGARCHY Tuesday night. It's not a democracy. It's not a republic. I thought about it. I waited till the anger and the emotions subsided before I came to this conclusion. It's over. I don't know what to do or where to go from here, but I know I will never be the same again. And then I see that there may have been voting machines hacked and it's all connected to Michelle Bachman. I don't know what to believe. Either the people are really stupid and can be purchased with a lie, or our votes never counted in the first place. The tears have dried. The cloud of confusion from that night has cleared.

My faith is dead.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Let me guess, you're a Democrat liberal, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Nope.

Original Bull Moose Progressive.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

That's the definition of Democratic liberal in the modern age.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Being a progressive democrat from Texas and witnessing the influence of big money on politics that turned our blue state flaming red, I fully understand how you feel. All I can say is, don't give up the fight because it ain't over till it's over.

It's my understanding that Gov. Walker now wants to introduce an amendment to your state constitution limiting any future recalls to criminal misconduct on the part of the person being recalled. It also appears that he may very well be facing criminal indictments in the near future with respect to the john doe emails.

With respect to these ultra-conservative policies, I've recently noticed that they usually end up coming back to bite them in the ass, sometimes even before they can get them enacted.

On another note, if you haven't done so already, I would suggest writing your congressional representatives and ask that they support Sen. Bernie Sanders in his attempt to introduce a constitutional amendment to reverse the Citizen's United decision.

www.sanders.senate.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't think ones political views have anything to do with being lied to, or to have their federal tax break offset by a state raise.

Do you?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Welcome to reality, politics suck and don't work. Governments suck and they don't work. Laws suck and they don't work. Voting sucks and it doesn't work.

Basically we're f+=#•d, nothing will be done about it. Sometimes I read about taking back the country...
Hahahahaha!!!!! That will never get done noone wishes to risk losing their little comforts ( house, couch, tv, bed, security, food storage, etc.) so what next?

What is going to happen? What are we gonna do? I know!!!!!

Bitch about it on ATS...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes, I do.

It's called politics. politicians will always tell the crowd what the crowd wants to hear.

In this case Democrats/progressives are just sore because they've been told that their policies are not wanted in Wisconsin, so they're the ones who're going to spin it any way they can.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Thank you for your understanding. I know about the Sanders petition and I will sign it. I just feel like it's too late. But I am not ready to just do nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It's not spin . It's f****** FACT !

You know what ? You're not even worth responding to. Coming from New Jersey, don't even get me started.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Yes, I do.

It's called politics. politicians will always tell the crowd what the crowd wants to hear.

In this case Democrats/progressives are just sore because they've been told that their policies are not wanted in Wisconsin, so they're the ones who're going to spin it any way they can.

So you willingly complain about a tax hike and then magically endorse it after you're lied to???
That says a lot

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

That's a Strawman. I'm not in Wisconsin.

I never stated any kind of position on taxes in Wisconsin.

Don't put words in my mouth either.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Typical liberal tactic.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And my faith in the system has been reinvigorated. ALL of my family has benefited from Walkers reforms. My niece doesn't want to belong to the teachers union...and now she doesn't have to.

My sister’s property tax on her farm has gone down as well. Etc…etc.

I think that when the Liberals defined the death of Conservatives back in '08 they were closing their eyes and wishing it was so. It was a pipe dream that they chose and hence were blind-sided when things didn’t go their way.

Most conservatives realize the liberalism will not go away, but are doing their darnedest to make it irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Now you are prepared!

REV 18:4

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

This passage is speaking of the Great Whore.

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

"Come out of her" is not to mean leave or move, but to remove yourself from such a thing as Babylon, as soon her very lifeforce (money) is removed. You can overcome her nature and how it controls your life but you must take that first step; you have released yourself of its lies and deceit.

Bless you, and Bless the State of Wisconsin! Come out of her!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why the OP believes that a record (or near record) turnout in a (reasonably) free election means that democracy is dead.

Is it because the OP believes the voters were swayed by methods which were legal but shouldn't be used (like money)? Or perhaps by inflammatory speeches?

Obama, in 2008, had vastly more money than McCain. The high priests used inflammatory speeches against Jesus. This stuff has been going on for a long, long time. Why be upset now? Is it the result?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I know how you feel, it's a horrible feeling especially if you've been political all your life. You can fill that void though if you want to, speak up...get active and don't give up. It's not over yet.

new topics

top topics

join