It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The happiness of little simple things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Some ways for me to relax and let my spirit fly away from the daily madness of my life....

All photos are from my personal album as it (except the second one).

Lay down on grass

On a sunny day, just to contemplate the clouds, the sky...

....or playing like a child

Make macro photos

One of the best way IMO to admire the nature and its wonders...

Contemplate the sun setting or rising

Listen to the sounds of the water

Ocean....

River...

Watch my children growing

Something like "take a child by the hand" (tribute to my friend Qumulys) and let them free for a while to be children...

...well, when you're more than 20 years old, you forget everything about children games!!

Dedicated to my wife, my four lovely children and my friends in France, USA, UK and here on ATS

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wonderful thread. Starred and Flagged. I made a thread called a Pocketful Of Joy. Its positive thoughts, feelings and sharing goodness, joy, abundance with others, healing self and others, having faith, seeing the Good there is that really really counts. State of mind/spirit.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

What a breath of fresh air, elevenaugust, amid the doom and gloom ! Gadgets and gizmos , and the material things of life don't begin to compare to watching nature. My favourite is the beauty of the sky, on a clear cold night...

It's a shame we don,'t always appreciate this until we are older.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks Elevenaugust...love threads like this!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Happiness in simple thing isn't quite understood, being able to laugh at things is a form of faith and intelligence. I would like to be able to laugh at every sentence when hanging out with the friends and joking around, yet the ability to have happiness and express happiness towards the small things on that level, pretty much being everything, is not as easy as it seems. There is a feeling involved, and certainly understanding in order to do so. Happiness is the most deeply recognized form of body language, so I am determined to recognize how to have it for the little simple things. My 'mentor' showed me that he can have no barriers or boundaries, so when he laughs at a simple thing he can almost laugh at himself for laughing at it in a repeated cycle, this cycle is like looking in a mirror into a mirror behind you, people would just stare at him and be shocked.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So true. The best things in life can be the cheapest, created by nature for free. We don't need to possess these things to admire their beauty. Nice thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Seek the wisdom of ages, but see the world through the eyes of a child

Beautiful sentiments elevenaugust and ones that I wholeheartedly agree with. I myself have not matured mentally much past the age 13. I find that this keeps me happy, calm and helps me stay young physically. It makes me one of the most grounded people I know and (I believe) makes me be a fantastic father to my pack of rug rats…

S&F

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a few of the little things that make my heart tickle:

-watching the birds fly
-watching my cats live their own little lives
-conversations with strangers
-watching the sunset/sunrise
-sitting outside reading a good book
-sitting with my feet in the pool
-just being with my family
-brushing my teeth