It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Act Of Valor - MUST SEE MOVIE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
For those of you who are interested in the operations of a SEAL team, you MUST see this movie. The acting itself could have been a bit better (these guys are not professional actors) but when it came down to the action scenes these real life Navy SEALS rocked the hell out of the movie and stole the show (but hey, that's what they're supposed to do)! It's a really great movie and I recommend it to everyone who's into military movies like I am, I found it incredibly entertaining and powerful (in an action scene and a mental scene).

Hope you find the movie as enjoyable as I do!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I thought it sucked, a lot, more bad jihadis going to blow us up in the malls, BS 9/11 references, compounded with utter emo garbage like "My daddy took this flag everywhere with him" moments.
it made me want to puke personally. more than once.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
utter emo garbage like "My daddy took this flag everywhere with him" moments.

Hate it or not these types of moments are what America was founded on and you gotta respect it (unless you're not human). Anyone who will sacrifice everything they have for the "greater good" of their Country is nothing less than a hero in my eyes. The ending of that movie was so touching! I think it was one of the most realistic military movies we've seen.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Hate it or not these types of moments are what America was founded on and you gotta respect it (unless you're not human). Anyone who will sacrifice everything they have for the "greater good" of their Country is nothing less than a hero in my eyes. The ending of that movie was so touching! I think it was one of the most realistic military movies we've seen.

Or they're too brainwashed to realize they're actually fighting for corporations and big banks.

Show me where in the Constitution it says we should bomb Muslims or be the police of the world??

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I've intended to watch this movie when it comes out on the movie channels. I recognize that it is government propaganda, but I want to watch it because it is technically excellent government propaganda

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Or they're too brainwashed to realize they're actually fighting for corporations and big banks.

Show me where in the Constitution it says we should bomb Muslims or be the police of the world??

That's a whole other conversation right there, in this thread we're talking about a MOVIE (not 100% real).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

I think that if I end up in the armed forces (I might join if a global economic meltdown occurs) I'd try to bury that knowledge deep in a compartment in my mind and try not to think about it.

These Navy SEALs are not dumb guys. They are trained to think for themselves and operate mostly independently. It's quite possible a lot of these guys realize just who is in control of the big picture. I doubt they would like knowing this, and I bet that they would try to keep from thinking about it.

If it came down to a second civil war I would actually bet on the SEALs siding with the non government sides. Although if there is any black technology that the government has that can really truly brainwash people and force them to follow orders unconditionally I think the SOCOM troops would get exposed to it first to prevent them from defecting.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Just from the previews, it seemed like a long recruitment commercial. I could be wrong, but I'll wait for the DVD on this one (as I'm sure it will be in the bargain bin fairly soon).

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sorry to bring this back to life, but I just watched this movie last night.

Action sequences were good.

Acting was horrible.

The sentimentality of the movie is catering to the arm-chair patriot and the lower-middle class mom.

And let me see if I have this straight.. Ukrainian jihadists are smuggling Philippino suicide bombers into Mexico so they can jump the border and attack the United States... right?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've been waiting to see this movie, and a friend of mine recently let me borrow a DVD. This movie is exactly what I pictured it to be, Real-life Navy Seal scenarios. Everything in the movie was great, good story, and alright acting. But like you said, they aren't profesional actors.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Horrible movie.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ConanZulu

To each his own.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I thought it sucked. I used to work with SEAL, SWCC and EOD teams all the time. The movie is pure propaganda, sensationalizing the job. Sure, shootouts do happen. People do (very rarely) jump on grenades to save others. But the movie was garbage. The story was garbage. The acting was garbage. The action sequences were good.

As a former Seabee, maybe I'm biased. I don't know.

join