It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A stress relieving exercise or an exercise in honesty, take your pick.

For as long as I can remember, I had a fear of Hell. The idea of burning forever just didn't sound all that appealing, imagine that? So, I lived my life by the tendents I thought applied to avoid such a fate. I like to believe I have always been a generous and honest soul. If someone needed a hand, I was quick to hop up and help out.
This taught me a few things in my few years:

A) Most people claim to want to hear the truth, to not be talked about behind their backs, to not be a gossip.
the reality: When people are faced with anything that contradicts their idea of what "truth" is, the reaction is never positive. Therefore, most talk about those things that bother them about someone behind their back, or, as a gossip.

B) People want to make the world a better place.
the reality: People want others to make the world a better place for them.

C) A good deed is it's own reward
the reality: No good deed ever goes unpunished.

D) Loyalty is a good trait to have and share.
the reality: Most people will turn their backs on you the moment of first convenience. That is to say, as soon as there is an offer on the table that entices them to become a betrayer. This person could be anyone.

When measuring up to the requirements of scripture, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell. Why a being described as one of love and forgiveness, even onto the cross, would be sending billions into a lake of fire for all eternity seems not only Hitler-esc, it seems a literal infinity worse. It's just such a contradiction, it makes me think, "How much of this is bullspit, and how much can I really believe in?"

Now, I know from my own experiences there is a divine, and divine intervention in this existence. Scripture states though, all the demons know this too, and that knowledge won't do you much good, since all you now know is that eventually, life is going to suck, forever.

The only reason I continue on, bother to get up in the morning anymore, is for the sake of my young son. This, in itself, is a commandment break. I just put my kid ahead of God. A true christian serves God with every moment of their life, joyfully, if I'm not mistaken. I have fallen miles short of this condition, and therefore, have damned myself to hell. Ain't that a bib?

When I was young, I use to fear hell, and the eternity there. Now-a-days, I just stick around to enjoy the company of my child. To raise him to be a decent human being in a world that devours good guys for breakfast, and stacks gold at the feet of those who would do any evil it takes to add one more nickle to their pot. It's an impossible task. I truly savor these early years, before the world has it's chance to snatch up his innocence in it's jaws.
In all honesty, I don't want to spend an eternity with a being that couldn't find a better way than to eternally burn someone for all because they fell for a deception, perpetrated by Lucifer, but allowed by that very being. He knew you would be deceived, and yet the only out given was one based off faith. Well, if you're deceived, you won't get that faith, now will you?

I suppose that's why God calls them the chosen elect, known before birth. Because, only a certain pick of the liter was good enough. The rest of us...well, enjoy the pound. Now remember, this is a God of infinite power, so it's not like he couldn't afford the rest of us. It's not like he's so frickin awesome he couldn't spend that extra time (immortal and all) to help sort people out of this deception. In his own words, "if your brother sins against you seven times, forgive him seven times." This ment, when wronged, forgive. Is what's good for the goose good for the gander? I'm starting to get confused again.

I'm twice screwed, atleast deceived guy can say, "I didn't know any better!" while they toss his weeping ass into the fire (like a nazi). I can honestly say, "I read it, I heard it, I experienced it, and ya know what? There's still the biggest plot hole in history in it. At one end, you, sir (referring to the Lord) are an all knowing, all powerful being. One that humbled himself to our pitiful level just to show us we could do it, without needing God-like powers. Just a pure heart. An honest conviction that my fellow man is my family, and should be loved as such. Then, in the next chapter, anyone not of the elect, those chosen before time, are doomed to be deceived and burn for all eternity. Well, which is it?"

You think the before the Council of Trent wrecked that book from front and back would've caught that one. Oh, but without fear, there is no tithe, because we'd all stop worshipping money and just start doing the best we could for our family, the human race, every day.

So what's my point? I don't have one, obviously. I simply wasted your time, and mine. As scripture states, I'm this guy:

Proverbs 6:12-15
A worthless person, a wicked man, goes about with crooked speech, winks with his eyes, signals with his feet, points with his finger, with perverted heart devises evil, continually sowing discord; therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly; in a moment he will be broken beyond healing.

Romans 3:10-14
As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” ...

Psalm 51:5
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Psalm 73:1-5
A Psalm of Asaph. Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For they have no pangs until death; their bodies are fat and sleek. They are not in trouble as others are; they are not stricken like the rest of mankind. ...

And my only hope:

Romans 10:9
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

That's all. If you bothered to read through all that, thanks. If not, I understand.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Hell is not an actual place but rather a state of being that is experienced on eqrth during the course of a lifetime.
And god is not a person but a force within you.

Keep on helping and doing good deeds, I do and am never punished for it ( don't know how you came to the conclusion of good deeds never go unpunished?). Hell is a choice and not a direct consequence of some bogus rules invented by man. Create the world around you, positive attracts positive simple as that!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, God is not a kind and loving God.

He is a cruel and psychopathic being.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Contrary to popular belief, God is not a kind and loving God.
He is a cruel and psychopathic being.

Why.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

God hated a little baby, still in its mother's womb, who had didn't even do anything evil, yet.

Romans 9:11-13

11 (for they being not yet born, neither having done anything good or evil, that the purpose of God, according to choice, might remain; not of works, but of Him who is calling,) it was said to her --
12 `The greater shall serve the less;'
13 according as it hath been written, `Jacob I did love, and Esau I did hate.'

Who's to say that he doesn't hate people now for no reason - and sending them to hell? (Assuming bible is true).

This is just one example. I'm not even gonna mention the time God sent serpents to harm the people and then when they prayed hard enough gave them a golden serpent to heal. He harmed for a attention!

There is also a verse where Jesus says that you should just pray and God will provide, yet, after the slaves were free and were leaving Egypt with Moses - they said they were hunger and thirsty praying for food and water and God sent SERPENTS to attack them - just for praying and trusting in him.

There is also the time where God made a deal with Satan to tempt Job and put him through suffering...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Do you think that the bible is the only source of information about God?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No, but the god of the bible (Judeo-Christian) is the most common god worshiped.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the god of the bible (Judeo-Christian) is the most common god worshiped.

Not where I live.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The god of the bible is worshiped by 4 billion people. If we were to estimate the population to be about 7 billion, that is a bit more than 50%. That is a bit more than half of humanity! No other God is worshiped that much. The other half of humanity is worshiping different gods or are nonreligious.

The god of the bible is the god that the Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship...

It all goes back to The Old Testament or Torah/Bible, then The New Testament/Gospel, then The Quran.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Something for me to think about...oh yeah, and the bankster crooks too...

What am I doing?

Being ignored, what else?

Proverbs 22:22-27

Rob not the poor, because he is poor; neither oppress the afflicted in the gates
For the Lord will plead their cause, and spoil of those that spoiled them.
Make no friendship with the angry man; and with the a furious man thou shalt not go:
Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts
If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take way thy bed from under thee?

Have we reached a conclusion yet?

More at a time fitting...

edit on 9-6-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: why else?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

One of the most disgusting verses ever:

Proverbs 3:5, 6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

I agree with your original post, why would you want to be with a god that wants to burn people forever just for not listening to his every word? It is not fair. If it were - you should only get an eternal punishment if you are eternally evil, not the small bit evilness that you can do in this life.

It also doesn't make sense that God let bad things happen. If a person is getting killed "he won't mess with their free-will", but by doing this he is SUPPORTING the killer, and not letting the one being attacked have free-will.

It also doesn't make sense that people believe that "God gives free-will" and also believes that he brings hurricanes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters for disobeying him.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My responses caused a thread to be closed, though to no fault of the OP. Due to this, I'm taking a leave of absence. I don't know if I shall return...but I that's just too much on me. I never met to cause this community harm...I never ment to be a burden...but obviously, this is the case. Good luck ATS in your quest for truth..sorry for the invonceince I caused you. Fight the good fight. It will be better without my ignorance...no doubt.

new topics

top topics

join