It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curious Tail of Neil Haywood, A British corporate spy Assassinated in China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is a story that has gone on largely unnoticed in the background of the news, towards the end of the news programs and in the middle pages of the tabloid press. It is however a massive conspiracy that I believe may involve the assassination of a British spy, Neil Haywood, in China by one of the Communist party’s most prominent members in November 2011. If you’re interested then please do read on this conspiracy involves both US and British intelligence, corruption in the Communist party of China and the shadowy world of corporate intelligence all coupled with an assassination and Chinese official attempting to defect to American intelligence.

Neil Haywood was born in Brittan in 1970, he was educated privately at the English Public School Harrow then went on to study international relations at Warwick University before moving to China. He set up a company called Heywood Boddington Associates who’s primary role was to act as a middle man between western companies and Chinese politicians although for some strange reason was based out of his mother’s London home rather than in China. He met his wife, Wang Lulu who is a member of a prominent family while living in china then working in an English language school in Dalian China and to whom he had two children with.

It was while working hear it appears that Haywood first became connected to the Bo family, at the time Bo Xilai was mayor of Dalian and sent is son Bo Guagua to the school were Mr Haywood worked. Hear Haywood became close to Xilai’s Wife, Gu Kailai, a lawyer, when he assisted the family in ensuring that Guagua got into the same private English school that Haywood himself was once a pupil. Bo Xilai would go one to become one of the most powerful men in china and was even seen by some as a possible contender as the leader of the Communist Party.

The Bo family went on to become one of Neil Haywood’s political contacts who he used to give western company access to through his own company, Heywood Boddington Associates. One of the companies that Haywood also worked for on a freelance basis on various projects, mostly believed to be evaluating the economic status of various Chinese companies was Hakluyt, and this is where his story gets very interesting.

Hakluyt and Company is not your everyday think tanks, it was founded by two senior former members of the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) named Christopher James who’s job at six was to lease with the top UK firms (he may also have been SAS before to joining six) and Mike Reynolds who created the counter-terrorism branch of the SIS and then worked with MI5’s Middle East desk and both of whom set up the company 1995 working out of an office in Mayfair. Its role according to James is to provide private business with the kind of intelligence usually only accessed by Government by utilising its unique set of contacts to create intelligence reports. It boasts that this information is not available off the net or through the media and it only deals with the business and government elite.

Hakluyt itself is very media shy for a company whose clients include almost one quarter of the FTSC 100 companies and it’s no wonder, it is in effect the intelligence service of the corporate elite and the founders have created a mega-intelligence company that few know off. Not only does it draw form the vast number of ex-SIS officers but also members of big business and ex-government officials. James stepped down and managing director in 2006 and was replaced by ex-MI6 officer Keith Craig. However other members of Hakluyt’s “international advisory board” however include former US presidential candidate Bill Bradley, a former Foreign Minister for Australia, Sir David Manning former Ambassador to the United States and Javier Solana a former Sectary General of NATO to name but a few members of what makes up this truly international corporate intelligence service that is augmented with former members of MI6. It has offices in Mayfair, New York and Singapore with a massive interest in right now in China, its website consists of one page and it reveals very little about its activities and despite a number of questions by MP Normal Baker the government refused to comment on any dealings it may have with the firm. In spite of this it is widely believed that this private intelligence company may be either a front for the SIS or that it does freelance work on behalf of SIS. Either way it has been confirmed that Haywood done work for Hakluyt and with this it is true that at the very least he was a corporate spy with some strong links to MI6.

Whatever his connections with SIS the exact details of Haywoods relationship in his final days between the family also remains unclear, some have speculated that Haywood was engaged in a affair with Bo’s wife and others have said that the two maintained a close working relationship that was not romantic. Whatever the nature of this relationship was, it lead to Haywood’s death and the collapse of this politically famously corrupt family.

According to media reports, Haywood was asked by GU (Bo’s corrupt lawyer wife) to assist her in moving money illegally out of China. Haywood’s wife and his friends say that in his last weeks he was under a lot of stress due to work and it has also been alleged that he wanted more commission form Gu for him assisting her. This is the only motivation for the murder that has so far been put forward however it is possible that Haywood had some even more damaging information on Bo and Gu. Since this scandal broke it has emerged that Bo was spying on the leaders of the Chinese communist party including the Chinese president according to the daily Telegraph

Anonymous CCP sources said that Mr Bo tapped the phones at the state guesthouse in Chongqing where senior officials stay on visits to the city. The eavesdropping emerged last August, after it was discovered that President Hu’s conversations with a visiting minister were being recorded. The wiretapping is believed to have begun several years ago, when Mr Bo ordered his one-time ally and the former Chongqing Police Chief Wang Lijun to set up a sophisticated surveillance

Telegraph
It may very well be the case that Haywood threatened to expose this and that is why he was killed or it could also have been because of his disagreements with Bo’s wife, Gu.

Regardless of the motivation on the evening November 14 2011 Haywood was summoned to a hotel by one of Bo and Gu’s body guards and 26 hours later he was found dead. According to the Chinese officials Haywood died of Alcohol poisoning, this was related to his family and to the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). What is suspicious however is that after his death there was no autopsy or toxicology report conducted and the Chinese ensured that the body was cremated. Perhaps however the biggest red flag of this whole death is that Haywood almost never drank and many reports describe him as a Teetotaller. Despite the family raising concerns about the initial investigation into his death and lobbying the British to do more Haywood’s death went largely unnoticed for two months.

Haywoods death would have probably gone down in history as being just another drunken waste of life had it not been for Bo Xilia’s Chief of Police Wang Lijun who walked into the American Consulate carrying a bag of documents that proved that Gu was responsible for Haywoods death as she was present in the hotel room when the family bodyguard poisoned Haywood with cyanide. The Americans protected Lijun for some time until an official arrived from Beijing to take Lijun into protective custody however they refused to offer him protection themselves when he wanted to defect.

Following on from this American intelligence informed British intelligence of this information that showed Haywood was murdered, the details of this intelligence so far have not been made public. As a result of this the British government began putting pressure on senior Chinese officials to reopen the investigation into his death as murder had never been even considered in the initial investigation.

In the ensuing investigation Gu and her the bodyguard were both arrested for arranging Haywood’s death and Bo’s political career came crashing down as the investigation exposed his corruption and spying on his fellow party members. This entire saga alone with the escape of the human rights activist Chen Guangcheng into America has put the internal workings of the communist party of china into turmoil.

For Mr Haywoods family, they are still seeking closure but there is still the question of his connections to SIS and Hakluyt. In an extraordinary move recently the British government made a exemption by publically announcing that Mr Haywood was not a SIS officer at the time of his death, something the British government almost never do and the PM has personally approached China in regards to the on-going investigation which due to Chinese secrecy is slowing being fed to the public in drips and drops.
Sources.
www.powerbase.info...
www.managementtoday.co.uk...
www.reuters.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk... f.html
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your thread is very interesting....and eventually I will read all of it.

However.....you may want to correct your title ...I think you ment (tale - as a story) rather than (tail - as in part of an animal).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a quick note on this thread,

I had a couple of hours free today to do some prostration and this is the result so members might find it better to read about the death of Haywood by looking at some of the sources that I have linked to. This thread as kind of been in the back of my head for a while so I thought I would just bash it out while I had a few hours spare. I know that not many on ATS will really care about this as it’s a conspiracy theory that is actually conspiracy fact so members may wish instead to discuss the merits of the latest Alex jones video.

Also I found it truly shocking for a conspiracy site that when I done a search for Hakluyt I found nothing on it other than one member who mentioned it in a couple of posts. If anyone is interested in some truly very shadowy cooperation’s just read up on Hakluyt, although if I get some free time myself I may devote a bit of my time to write one.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

However.....you may want to correct your title ...I think you ment (tale - as a story) rather than (tail - as in part of an animal).

ohhh so I did, but it does not in any way matter, you will probably find several spelling mistakes in the thread, and a healthy splashing of grammatical errors. But guess what, it does not matter all that matters is that you can understand it and the content of the thread.

Hope you enjoy reading it and pointing out all of the other errors that you will no doubt be drooling over as you respond to my thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

ohhh so I did, but it does not in any way matter, you will probably find several spelling mistakes in the thread, and a healthy splashing of grammatical errors. But guess what, it does not matter all that matters is that you can understand it and the content of the thread.

Hope you enjoy reading it and pointing out all of the other errors that you will no doubt be drooling over as you respond to my thread.

I am just trying to be helpful....I thought perhaps you didn't notice it...and I will not be drooling over other mistakes. I am not like that.

Please excuse me for trying to help....I won't make that mistake with you again.

edit on 7-6-2012 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

sorry I know you were trying to help, but spelling and grammar police annoy me and its only more frustrating when the first post on a thread I have spent a couple of hours writing is about a spelling error.

Really, my apologies

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
you really have to despair at ATS at times when you spend time putting together a reasonably decent thread that is original and not some redone 9/11 theory or a YouTube clip of a UFO that’s been shown hundreds of times yet all the members seem to be able to do is focus on a spelling error in the title.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Your thread is very interesting....and eventually I will read all of it.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title.

Unless it refers to "tailing " somebody as in following them, then it could have been a play on words which would actually make me want to read more about this.

Interesting read though. And this is the stuff we hear or find out about. The stuff we don't know is probably even crazier.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Glad you were able to enjoy it, even with my spelling gaff!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am going to do something unpopular on ATS, give my own thread a bump

This is a really big conspiracy taking place right now in China, it involves a corporate spy who may have been working with SIS being assassinated by one of the most powerful people in china. This is what ATS is about people.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

the situation has interested me since it broke. perhaps gu was a western asset, known by the cp but overstepped the line and became the patsy for neil's demise when things went wrong. it could have been the case of nipping it in the bud before it brought down other cp members. who knows for sure!

starred
f(uk).

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I love this story! Fascinating! Sucks that we will never know. I remember reading about this story but had no idea of Heywood's links to the intelligence community. S and F for you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Gu Kailai committed the murder. According to his confession, he was under the impression that Neil Heywood was banging his wife. So Gu asked Neil over to the Nanshan Lijing Holiday Hotel in Chongqing. Neil rented a room to stay the night there. At some point during their meeting, Neil was poisoned. 26 hours later, he was found dead.

Initially, he was thought to have died of alcohol poisoning and was cremated 2 days later. However, after friends and relatives described Neil as a very light drinker, the case was reopened. It was then that they discovered traces of potassium cyanide in a glass found at the scene of Neil's death.

When they brought Gu in for questioning, he confessed. He was formally accused on July 26th. He gave a plea of "guilty" at his trial on August 9th. And is now serving 14 years in prison.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just a quick not for anyone interested I have just noticed that on channel 4 a documentary about Neil Haywood is just about to start. I am sure it will shed more light on his case than the information I have tried to provide on this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

lol mrs fakedirt has juristiction of tv rights period. only when she sleeps can i serf.
i'll catch it sometime soon i'm sure.
regards f(uk)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The documentary that I mentioned above about Haywood has drastically changed many of my claims in this thread.

Allow me to first say this, my OP was written many months ago based on media sources that are now dated and since it was written the story has changed.

Most significantly it has now been claimed that Gu did not commit the murder rather it was committed by the police chief on behalf of Bo’s political rivals to push Bo out of the CCP

For more information I would suggest watching the documentary.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Wow! That is some twist. Are you in the UK? I wonder if the documentary is on youtube?? Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
What is suspicious however is that after his death there was no autopsy or toxicology report conducted

When I was a kid I was fascinated by the idea that people, who don't seem to know each other personally or atleast not very well, can act in concert to make something seem like it has happened or has not happened at all, but I din't had suitable schemata to understand hot they actually did it (or could have done).

Later I learned that if people can form uniform (or compatible) goals by letting potential participants silently (body language etc.) know about their intentions, desires etc. there will be no trace of evidence for anybody to point to (there wouldn't be any written or spoken agreement to be found).

In this particular case (the issue of the claimed spy, *) the desire to eliminate somebody might have got its start from "interest group A", but the actual autopsy was left unperformed by someone else (person B), who might not have any straight connection to this "interest group A". This someone belongs to some other group via his employer (person C), who might or might not have straight connection to the "interest group A", but actual question would be: what kind of events were required to convert the person B to such a person that, he/she would (gladly?) hide the report about the autopsy or wouldn't do such at all?

News in the media in my country tends to publish news and stories, which claim (kind of) that (atleast) the Chinese goverment (and the corresponding Russian ones, too) are cheaters, twisted minded and love power, so I couldn't be quite sure how deep the rabbit hole goes. I mean.. would that person B have common goals with the "interest group A" or was he just paid to do or not do something?

new topics

top topics

join