It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Hail and Floods in Colorado Springs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It was windy not too long ago, as well as there was lightening and thunder for a while. All of a sudden it all stopped a few minutes ago. As I am writing this, it is picking up with both wind and even closer lightening.

Can anyone say part 2? Hope I'm not left out again

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Wow, that makes me really glad I don't live in Co.Springs anymore. Sad to see that near Fargo's Pizza, though, I love their food. Their food just doesn't love me. My friends keep threatening to make me walk home every time I ate there. D:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
It was windy not too long ago, as well as there was lightening and thunder for a while. All of a sudden it all stopped a few minutes ago. As I am writing this, it is picking up with both wind and even closer lightening.

Can anyone say part 2? Hope I'm not left out again

Just got home from the store, had to go to Castle Pines to go to King Soopers because the King Soopers on the north end of Castle Rock had its roof cave in from the weight of the hail (if you can believe that one). See lightning and crazy building clouds to the slight SE of me and to the north. Just got home and checked intellicast and sure enough, a system, all orange and red is stretching its little wing west before swinging south again, looks like it's gonna clip us here and it has hail in it. Big storm near Ft. Collins now, pretty wicked, looks like it's going to head due south down the I-25 corridor.

Hate, HATE these nighttime storms, freak me out, no tornado sirens here! Springs getting hit now? Looks like... stay safe!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Where I'm at we aren't getting much activity, but severe storm warning still active for El Paso County. Emergency Broadcast System keeps issuing tornado warnings for east El Paso, looks like the threat has passed my neck of the woods.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Necrobile
reply to post by Wookiep

Wow, that makes me really glad I don't live in Co.Springs anymore. Sad to see that near Fargo's Pizza, though, I love their food. Their food just doesn't love me. My friends keep threatening to make me walk home every time I ate there. D:

AHaha, yeah Fargos is good stuff! *Warning: Not for the lactose intolerant!*

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I agree that was truely an epic storm. We didn't get hit nearly as bad on the SE of the city (near airport), but we did get some of the hail. It looked like a wall of water as the rain approached. The ground disappeared under water within minutes. I'm just glad my skylights didn't bust...I would not have been a happy camper. A friend who lives on the northside said the hail was at times golfball sized. I have heard reports about baseball sized hail at the worst of the storm. In 20 years living in the Springs, I have never seen such a storm. We normally have mild weather. I hope this isn't what we have to look forward to for the rest of the summer. We had a near miss tonight with three tornados spotted in the Yoder area. YIKES!! I hope everyone is safe and dry.

PS - I'm surpised we didn't lose power.
for the Springs Utilities. lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by Necrobile
reply to post by Wookiep

AHaha, yeah Fargos is good stuff! *Warning: Not for the lactose intolerant!*

FARGOS
Big time nom noms!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

FARGOS IS the nom, but what I miss the most sense I moved is Braums, si très bon.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Late at night those clouds look like that, except the whole sky above you is covered with it, and totally pitch black. And you only see the Mammatus formation light up with the constant lightning. It looks like a bizarre electrical storm against a black grid hung in the sky. The lightning for the most part would stay in the clouds, flickering, and constant, and then also the occasional bolt to ground. But that night looking up and seeing it, all I thought was "that CAN'T be good.."

And then came the hail and wind...and my butt got in the house...fast.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wow!

I used to live in Colorado Springs, and I had never seen it like that, ever! I actually used to live over in those townhouses right by the mall. Those pics brought back so many memories but I a, just at a loss for words over that weather. I have a couple of friends that I keep in touch with via Facebook and I haven't heard a thing from them for days. I assume the power is out in many places?

Also, wasn't there a UFO sighting in Co. Springs recently? A three light type? Things are getting bizarre no doubt!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Didn't get a single drop of rain up in Loveland. Just a lot of lightning, but nothing like what you guys got. Serves you right though, for even having the choice of eating a Fargo's Pizza, where we don't have it up north.
Just kidding, by the way.

I remember a few years back getting pounded by hail/rain. the problem was that the hail knocked off tree limbs and leaves, then the hail and debris clogged the drains, and the water couldn't go anywhere.

Ya gotta love Colorado weather. AC, heat, AC, head and back to AC all in one day.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
WOW!
i grew up in black forest and worked in colorado springs. i know first hand about these storms, but this one takes the cake! amazing! noticing how many cars have their windows down or broken out!
be safe!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

As far as I know the power is not/was not ever out for an extended period. As another poster put it
for Colorado Springs utilities.(I'll prolly never say that again though because they constantly rip me off on my bill)

And the 3 lights in the sky..Just my opinion but I really think those were flares coming from Ft. Carson. I've been here 20+ years and I have seen them a lot over Ft. Carson, they looked pretty much like the ones in the video.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Great, I am going to Colorado Springs on the 17th for vacation...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
Great, I am going to Colorado Springs on the 17th for vacation...

Honestly, our weather is usually awesome! Temperate, low humidity, sunny. Late July and early August, however, see afternoon thunderstorms nearly daily due to "monsoon season", but even that doesn't net the kind of weather we saw this week. So, you should have no worries

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I hope so! I just found these pics of the hail/floods over there...crazy!

www.dailymail.co.uk... ews/article-2156717/Amazing-pictures-devastating-hail-submerged-cars-swept-Colorado.html

If link does not work: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm doing my own little conspiracy road trip, going through Colorado Springs and of course, gotta stop at Denver International just to look for myself... still looking up other things
(not meaning to derail the topic!)
edit on 8-6-2012 by KristinLynnxo because: link didn't work!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

That's cool that the majority of the pics from that link are right here in the OP! The Daily Mail must be watching ATS, OR they chose the best pics from the local news Facebook pages, like I did.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Looks you have a beautiful home. Luck that your glass table didn't get broken. I was listening to a lady who had her car windows broken out. She was very anxious because she had her kids with her. We have had tons of rain here. I don't mind, it has been so dry. This will end our fire season.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Thanks so much, Zachi
Thankfully, our car was in the garage and we didn't get any damage.... I can't imagine how scary it would be to be driving in a car--especially with my kids--and experience that and that kind of damage!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I swear this state is freakin insane this summer! I am a Loveland native and have seen my share of wacky weather, but geez already! Raging fire literally 10 miles from me (High Park fire) and the Waldo fire.. plus Boulder fires ((I heard there were two now??). And then hail and flooding? I heard talk about worry of flood/mud slides if we got much rain up this way since so much of the ground is burned and there isn't anything to hold stuff back anymore.

I predict this winter is going to be a harsh one too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join