It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Hail and Floods in Colorado Springs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just saw another amazing pic of the clouds yesterday come up. This is a very cool shot!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Mayor Bach calls this a 100 year storm, press conference as clean up begins:

(link actually works)

www.koaa.com...#!prettyPhoto/0/
edit on 7-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
holy crap!!!! i have a friend who JUST moved to that area and posted this morning about being in her car during the worst hail storm she'd ever seen (and we're from texas). she wasn't kidding!!! that is EPIC.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

5 tornadoes? That's impressive, did they all touch down? Sounds like you got hit about as hard as the Springs!

I don't think they touched down, I think one did in Elizabeth,f rom what I'm seeing on Nat. news. I don't know, thought we did, til I saw your pictures!!! Cannot BELIEVE the pics in your OP! Stay safe friends
Hopefully round 2 won't be as bad today or we are going to have a real flooded mess on our hands

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You really had a hard time of it. Glad you made it. I think those clouds in the picture are called Mammatus clouds. Hail is very sacry and really damaging. It's early in the season, if you replant soon, you can still have a great garden.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

sudden ice ages make more sense to me now

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ALERT-

Tornado warning issued in effect till 7:30 in El Paso County (Colorado Springs area, Specifically North side) and central Colorado. This just came up from the Emergency Broadcast System. Be safe out there guys.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah I must admit... I am disappointed. I live in security an all around me was hit pretty hard... For whatever reason though I saw barely a drop of rain. Only two blocks away from me there was waist high floods and some hail, yet there were actually dry spots on my street!! So disappointed, I love rain....

Also, I just got home from work (where it was hot and sunny all day
) and the walk home showed me another set of clouds and I believe even lightning and some wind! Could it be...?
edit on 7-6-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Yeah, mother nature is seemingly avoiding us, in this case she can keep the flooding lol. Calm on my side of town, at least you got lightning!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Again though, far away stuff

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's my dorky video
You can't see very well, but it was the sound I was trying to capture. Even the video didn't do the sound of the hail justice. As I say in the video, it had already been hailing for 40 minutes straight. We had another 1- 1 1/2 hours of hail after this. I think the evergreen tree in front of the house spared our windows!

Don't make fun, it's my first video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi

You really had a hard time of it. Glad you made it. I think those clouds in the picture are called Mammatus clouds. Hail is very sacry and really damaging. It's early in the season, if you replant soon, you can still have a great garden.

Thanks, Zachi

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
BUMP
thnks

Wookiep..

play in a garden of Eva,,,baby,,,

ALERT-

Tornado warning issued in effect till 7:30 in El Paso County (Colorado Springs area, Specifically North side) and central Colorado. This just came up from the Emergency Broadcast System. Be safe out there guys.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
FInally got pics uploaded to photobucket. It worked out really well because I had taken pictures of my newly planted flowers and new hanging plant about a month ago, and the hail shots today and last night were of the same spots, so a little before and after
The pics this morning were taken around 10 am, so even with good melting and nice temps, you'll still see how much hail is left.

s1265.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
wow
you guys had more "snow" on the ground there then I did last winter
and I'm in Canada

hope all effected is OK and staze OK

photobucket link needs a password MG ( I think)
edit on 7-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Those cool bubbly clouds are called mammatus clouds and normally come before severe weather. What you're looking at is the underside of the leading edge of the anvil attached to the cumulonimbus (thunder head) cloud.

More info for those who are interested: weathersavvy.com...

I've only seen them once heading to Augusta, GA on I-20 and shortly after the weather became inclement. The most frequent and vivid cloud to ground lightning I've ever witnessed. The trees were completely horizontal.

I digress, that was the craziest amount of hail I've ever seen. I hear people saying it hailed for 40 mins - 2 hours straight!!! Insane!!! Those thunderstorms must have had one helluva updraft! Can't wait to see what Dr. Jeff Masters has to say about it on www.wunderground.com tomorrow.
edit on 7-6-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thanks Mountaingirl, the site hosting those pics is asking for a pass, is there any way you could link them from ATS?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Thanks for the link, good info.
One of those clouds looks like a nuke went off!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Thanks Mountaingirl, the site hosting those pics is asking for a pass, is there any way you could link them from ATS?

Ha, thanks for telling me! Made them public, good to go

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks MG
pics worth a thousand word

some in the park today said this is supposed to be the summer of storms...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join