It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for more info., tumors in dogs?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think I put this thread in the right area, anyhow I have noticed recently, at least around me, that there has been a rise in tumors in dogs. At work, 3 guys here have dogs and all 3 have just found out there dog has a tumor and also 1 other friend I have outside of work. Please let me know if anyone else has noticed this in their area or is it something maybe in the water locally, but I am just putting feelers out there to get some more info. I have a dog and I don't pamper it but I will get bottled water for him if I suspect that our water is tainted.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Benign tumors?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Aw, Sorry about your friends dogs.

I know mine seems fine and got his checkup.

He has good bill of health and no tumors.

Maybe it's the breed?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

My golden died of cancer three years ago. I have not been able to get another dog since, I loved her so much. Anyway, she ended up with cancer in her stomach, which spread to her lungs.
Here are some things that I learned when researching her cancer. Some breeds, such as goldens are very prone to developing cancer. Theories include: inbreeding too much, vaccinations, food, and flea and tick treatments. Don't feed your dog a corn based dog food, while dogs are omnivores, their diet in the wild consists of a lot of meat. You can research raw diets, or find a good high quality dog food that is well-balanced. Just remember, commercial dog food is processed, and we know how well that works out for us!
I am not saying they won't grow and develop with commercial dog food, they will, but I can tell you that it is not the best thing for them. To each his own though, I fed my dog commercial kibble her whole life that I thought was decent until I finally read the package at the end of her life, and changed her diet.

Flea and tick medications, most are strong medications. You can research organic methods, none work as well as the chemicals, though. Have not read about the water thing though, I suppose reverse osmosis takes care of that problem. There is a lot of talk about certain vaccinations causing problems. Here in Texas we had a great oldtimer vet, he told us some unpleasant info about rabies vaccinations, but again, up to you, if you have an outside dog, this is something to think about.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My dog has a couple. I actually got ripped offed the first time. The first time my dog had 2 that wear their for a couple months. One on his chin and the other under his leg. We got them cut off. After that he got 3 more spread out but we found out that the kind he was getting was not doing harm to him. That was back in 2010. My dog has SERVER allergies problems. Its because of the crappy dog food. Even the dog food that is supposed to be good makes him brake out. The only thing that kept it back is blue buffalo because of the no grains and duck meat. I think if you are seeing it allot its probably because of the food. I have not seen any tumors sense and the ones that wear have left on their own. They wear smaller then a dime.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Both my Doggies are just great and I live in Kalifornia, alot closer to the "alleged" radioactive fallout and debris from Fukushima.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It is that cheap dog food you buy at the grocery store. For real make your own dog food.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Please let me know how and I would gladly do it...my pup is fine right now but he's only 1 year old.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Most tumors in dogs are benign tumors what a vet calls "fatty tumors." They are harmless lumps under the skinbut many owners want them removed as they simply don't like the thought of them being on the animal.

Simply use a vet that you can trust.

new topics

top topics

join