It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this UNIVERSE SPINNING? Is this the reason why it seems to be EXPANDING yet within a VACUUM?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
If the universe is spinning then it would have to be spinning in relation to something else, like another universe. Otherwise, no.

But circlemaker could it not be spinning all based off of outside energies like 4 sided vortex points that inject the spinning FORCE inside the COMBINED UNIVERSE STRUCTURE? So for example like placing a lottery ball in a air energy chamber and then it spin??

Originally posted by arpgme
Since infinity is anything and everything, the universe can be considered 'flat', 'round', 'spinning' , 'stagnant', whatever...

I agree arpgme 100%

Originally posted by arpgme
I suspect that there are other universes and parallel earths, but it is all just one big place called infinity and although our sky looks black with little white dots called stars, everything is just an eternal and infinite white pure heat energy...

Also agree arpgme its all based off of how we objectively evaluate it at our best and with our best senses and data. Thanks for taking time to stop in the thread your input is appreciated

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Also if it this universe was spinning would there then be a friction or electrical current present from the output energies from all the items present within each area MOVING/SPINNIG. Meaning is there any proof that stars/planets/and even blackholes giving off excess energy from the movements CME-PLANET DUST ect. Like if you thru multiple powders of different color chalk in a spinning area or pool and how the chalk powder would then begin to form a core, could the excess chalk or less dense/uncaptured chalk powder= electric energy (charged) as the different chalk powder colors mix/come into friction contact different colors symbolizing different charged particals per chalk color. Further as the particals or chalk color continue mixing would they then form into clumps (spinning clumps of matter) which would then be to = some celestial objects forming.

I once again want to thank you all who participated
as I am trying to figure some things out on a personal level and different outlooks DO help to avoid going down hypothetical roads that 1 needs not go to reach the desired data goal...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

If the universe is spinning then it would have to be spinning in relation to something else, like another universe. Otherwise, no.

But circlemaker could it not be spinning all based off of outside energies like 4 sided vortex points that inject the spinning FORCE inside the COMBINED UNIVERSE STRUCTURE? So for example like placing a lottery ball in a air energy chamber and then it spin??

The chamber itself wouldn't be spinning though, only what's inside. So taken as a whole the universe (if it's a singular construct which contains all) would not be spinning. The inside might be spinning in relation to the outside which is static, or vice versa depending on which part we use as our reference point.

It comes down to how we define "universe". Proponents of a finite universe might be more likely to support the spin theory as that would imply an over-verse (a universe which contains ours). I define the universe as everything even though we're able to perceive different aspects of it separately. Everything is one, timeless and immeasurable.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

The chamber itself wouldn't be spinning though, only what's inside.

No the entire combined universes isnt spinning just this current zone. Like the lottery ball holder that isnt spinnig just energy going in sustaining the ball in what appears to be nothinness but IS energy?

So taken as a whole the universe (if it's a singular construct which contains all) would not be spinning. The inside might be spinning in relation to the outside which is static, or vice versa depending on which part we use as our reference point.

Correct the whole combined universal structure IS NOT SPINNING for other universes may be just moving UP & DOWN OR IN AND OUT. 2 OTHER POTENTIAL UNIVERSES/ZONES/DIMENSIONS.

edit on 6/7/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well, if moons spin around planets, and planets around suns and suns around other suns and clusters within galaxies and so on and so on......

Doesn't it make sense that the universe is spinning also ?

3.14 comes to mind when I read this. Maybe the universe is actually spiraling and growing as it is spinning and also it is becoming another universe.

Like how a snake sheds it's skin. The old universe will remain as a separate related multiverse, while the new one is born.

That would be that new universes Big bang, and thus there would be a true "before the universe" for every universe that ever existed.

And that is just trying to comprehend this on our 3D level...

imagine the truth we can't see or hear that plays a huge role in this also.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

tell me if i understand what you mean,, because this is something ive imagined as well.....

all the galaxies in the universe,,,are mimicking how stars behave in a galaxy... spinning/revolving/swirling.....

if the big bang did happen,,,,, maybe a micronano second after it began there was spin involved, and so the universe began with a spin,...

this idea, also makes me think, that it would be easier for the energetic universe to contain itself and its energy in a recycling manner,, instead of the idea of expansion till it cant any more then crunch,,,,,, if the universe was swirling like you depict, and it started to lose energy, maybe the swirl will just start to get pulled tighter in towards the center,,,,

I had this idea on the account that i dont know how to trust the scientists that say the space in the universe is expanding and at an accelerated rate for that matter,, i dont know why they are so quick to feel sure.... i immediately thought that it could be an error, because it can seem like space is expanding between us and galaxies, if we were rotating around with them, and they had a longer revolution, or the light takes a long time to reach us and we have shifted,,, and how long weve been doing these experiments is a very small sample size compared to the macro time of the universe.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

LucidDreamer85
Thank you your input is basically what I am saying.
In relation to the others if shedding like a serpentaz that may be the areas where that universe is moving in a up&down motion as the shedding process occures. Much appreciated your post.

reply to post by ImaFungi

You are spot on with were my thinking on this is at. I would get confused when some scientist would say the universe is expanding or contracting and then they throw the wrench in the mix and say its a vacuum
I have tried to visualize this and in the past I would come up with a ballon type layout all the energy is trapped within the universe or balloon w/ vacuum and space for the balloon to expand. From further evaluations I came up with the current OP topic.
ImaFungi, thanks for your time and well thought response

edit on 6/7/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

no problem,, its a great topic and thread........

the funny thing about it,,,, is humans are so concerned about the complete macro universe,,, like we can do anything about it........

the universe seems pretty stable and consistent,,, there are billions and billions of planets that have been around billions of years,,,, we live for 100 years tops,,,,

of course its fun to think about and in many cases practical.... but im guessing that since we are human, and great, and have came about on this planet,,,,,, that that has something to do with the "purpose" of the universe..... its a giynormours community,,,, its the most epic event ( we think little things on earth are epic, theres a whole universe of galaxies and supernovas)

so the universe will do what it does and has been doing without our worry or influence,,,,, we can advance and like on planets in space if the actual need to worry presents itself and we as humans have infinite potential to do this with,..,, but with the amount of stable time the universe deals with,,,, we should be doing more worrying about permanent social and cultural and humanitarian issues,,, to help our evolution and advancement, all the more easy.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

this idea, also makes me think, that it would be easier for the energetic universe to contain itself and its energy in a recycling manner,, instead of the idea of expansion till it cant any more then crunch,,,,,, if the universe was swirling like you depict, and it started to lose energy, maybe the swirl will just start to get pulled tighter in towards the center,,,,

I had this idea on the account that i dont know how to trust the scientists that say the space in the universe is expanding and at an accelerated rate for that matter,, i dont know why they are so quick to feel sure.... i immediately thought that it could be an error, because it can seem like space is expanding between us and galaxies, if we were rotating around with them, and they had a longer revolution, or the light takes a long time to reach us and we have shifted,,, and how long weve been doing these experiments is a very small sample size compared to the macro time of the universe.

Regarding expansion of the Universe, you are correct that current observations indicate the rate of expansion appears to be increasing, rather than decreasing, as one would intuitively expect. I believe those conclusions are drawn from observations of red-shift. Hubble, like you, was not ready to accept red-shift as definitive evidence of expansion:

"… if redshift are not primarily due to velocity shift … the velocity-distance relation is linear, the distribution of the nebula is uniform, there is no evidence of expansion, no trace of curvature, no restriction of the time scale … and we find ourselves in the presence of one of the principle of nature that is still unknown to us today … whereas, if redshifts are velocity shifts which measure the rate of expansion, the expanding models are definitely inconsistent with the observations that have been made … expanding models are a forced interpretation of the observational results"

There are clearly forces in play that are beyond the scope of our current knowledge and/or understanding, It's difficult to speculate how this accelerating expansion would relate to the spinning Universe theory. Thoughts?
edit on 7-6-2012 by BULLPIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLPIN

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Regarding expansion of the Universe, my understanding is that current observations indicate the rate of expansion appears to be increasing, rather than decreasing, as one would intuitively expect. There are clearly forces in play that are beyond the scope of our current knowledge and/or understanding, It's difficult to speculate how this accelerating expansion would relate to the spinning Universe theory. Thoughts?

maybe if there is a spinning universe,,,,,,,, and there is millions of light years of room of up and down,,,,, maybe we would be detecting galaxies moving away from us and further away faster as expansion,,, but really it is just some doppler like effect, of catching it cross our plane of measurement and speedily pass by....

it all depends on the where the galaxies we are measuring are in relation to us,,,,,,

if there was a semi uniform expansion regarding the space between all galaxies,,, why do galaxies look even relatively close to each other,,,,, the mindduckery of size/scale and dimension when viewing images such as this is ridiculous,,,, you think your muscles are big? our solar system is a spec in one galaxy..... look at that images of many many many galaxies, and think of how far can be zoomed in, into one of the galaxies,, all the way to microscopic ( to us) particles that make up every piece of dust and blade of grass, and everything.....

edit on 7-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

reply to post by ImaFungi

Your minds on this subject 1 thanks you both for taking the time to review it on a professional level...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Space isn't a vacuum, its a void.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

A rotating universe that was expanding would slow in its rotation due to the conservation of angular momentum. Accelerating expansion would cause the rotation to slow more rapidly. But, of course, if the universe were rotating, the redshifting we observe would be significantly different from how it actually appears.

And, as an aside, a recent theory on the cause of the accelerating expansion involves the interaction of antimatter in the voids with matter in the filaments between the voids.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

Very well could. Let me rephrase what I said. It could follow the Fibonacci sequence. I was more trying to make the point that it could be mathematically calculable. Which would be true with the Spiral of Theodorus as well.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join