It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the West want in Syria...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What the west wants from Syria is to not be drawn into Syria. When you get past the fantasy that the West is some how responsible for the revolt in Syria it becomes very clear they are doing everything they can to not get involved despsite the high pressure coming from the region and the rest of the world to stop all the killing. The west would like to find a way to get the killing to stop without having to do anything beyond talk about it. The problem for the west with Syria is the same as it was for Libya. The problem is not going to just go away. It will be a long bloody civil war that will spill into Lebanon, Iraq and possibly beyond. The same threat was also clear in Libya but Libya was in Europes backyard and isolated. While the West talks and refuses to act others will not and will act to support the rebels. You can bet radical islamic elements would love to turn securlar Syria into a radical Islamic strong hold post war and a Syrian people angry with a world that turned its back on them would be a dangerous mix. Will any of that be enough to force the west to act? It seems unlikely. Everything we have seen thus far makes it clear the west does not want to get involved and is hoping things just work out.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You don't need any background knowledge or rational explanation of what the west wants. It is a simple as this...

War

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by IronVelvet

If that is how you want to behave, you are most certainly free to do so. I choose otherwise.

I have spent a great deal of time and effort to make my thoughts and reactions my own. This is not something that just dawned on me a couple of years ago. This started long before I can recall the thought being conscious, but I do know that by the time my father died when I was 14 that it was already a prominent feature in my life.

For some years, when trying to get along with my husband's family, I decided to try to be what they wanted me to be in order to fit in better. I'm an immigrant, you see. It's not easy for someone like me to assimilate externals and this exercise almost killed me. Not a good idea for me at all.

So you see, with conscious effort you can change anything. You don't have to be anything you don't want to be. You are always free to be exactly who you are.

And here's a word of advice: Be sure you know what you say when you mention genetics. We humans haven't got a clue there yet. That's going to take some time still though. Just don't read more into it than is really there. People use it more as an excuse for explaining away their shortcomings than is really valid. We have a great deal of influence on who and what we are. We must only remain true to our nature. Problems will result when and if we don't, but it's always your choice.

I dont know what realm of hippiness you have been deluded to but, genetics refers to dna or rna. little strands that determine what eye color you will have, how your mind thinks, if you will have a genetic anomaly, if you will come down with a disease or not, the list goes on. Trying to be vague is not helping your point. My father was also an immigrant, I know that its not easy even if I didn't go through it myself. With conscious effort you can't change the way you way your mind responds to situations. That is called instinct. Instinct is the most basic level of human consciousness it's what tells you your hungry, your tired, or your bored, or you want to learn about something. To this day it is impossible to change instinct, anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Up to a certain age most people act like there parents, some people change based on environmental or other factors, others cant. Some people are built the way they are and can never change, thats a fact. But others who have a more open state of mind are able to alter their consciousness to achieve goals they deem necessary. But in effect they are really not doing anything out of the ordinary, it is exactly as their genetics has told them to. Your genetics are your life line, the most basic concept of your direction in life. you will choose similar aspects that have been chosen by your ancestors before you, BECAUSE THEY ARE YOU!
edit on 10-6-2012 by IronVelvet because: clairification

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You really can't get it across your skull that you are your parents, your ancestors, and all those that have come before you. You will act like them, you will think like them, you will REACT like them, you will decide like them, and you will live your life similarly. I'm not saying your going to be exactly like them, but the similarities will exist whether you like it or not. You only have so much choice over your own actions, you can say and think they are not as your ancestors would have done, but in this world they are very similar. Even if you don't want to admit it. We are human, we are governed by the laws around us, and the genetics that created us.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKfourtwoone
reply to post by adam76

well it is another country in the middle east which has n't been in the media lime light for as long as i can remember.

Friends of mine from there have said that it is one of the few places where christians and muslims co exist together.

The west is on a roll;

Iraq
Afganistan
Egypt
Libya
Syria?
Iran?

China and Russia seem to support the countries that the West are trying to help ( i mean invade).....

There has to be something they are not telling us, but i guess this is always the case.

Every country that has been overthrown for the most part protected the Christian population from the likes of the Muslim Brotherhood , now that thes countries have been overthrown the Christians have been being murdered and driven off at an alarming rate . So the answer to your question is not so much the western powers as the new world order which is run by satanists who hate Christians and Jews . Basically they are preping the battlefield to attack Israel .

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You are most certainly entitled to your own POV. I don't think a computer though is particularly materialistic. I have a bicycle too. I one more than one pair of underwear. I have shoes suitable for various kinds of weather. I live in an apartment building in a suburb in Helsinki. I don't live in a tent or in a hole in the ground and I have yet to taste my first earthworm. I'm not advocating that people drop everything they do and have just like that. I didn't do that myself. It's a process to let go of things, but letting go is what must be done to achieve freedom.

You have assumed something more extreme than I advocate. I make very conscious decisions about what I do. I also choose not to do a lot of things. This is the core consciousness I'm trying to make people aware of. To consider each and every thing they allow in their lives and to allow the rest to fall by the wayside. Eventually you find that just the fact that those things exist is enough. There is no need to own one yourself.

As for my method of meditation, it certainly does not "suck" as you put it. It has worked quite well for me, it's entirely free, it contains no props whatsoever. I don't see how it can be improved upon. I meditate constantly and have done for quite a long time.

Perhaps you're a bit judgmental. Perhaps you don't know as much as you think you do. You have a lot of comments that demonstrate your lack of depth and breadth of understanding. You might want to ponder some of these things with some gravity and perhaps reserve comment and judgment for a time when you have more insight and understanding of things without the extremism.

Computer's are completely materialistic, most phones are now computers, Ipad's are computers. People place great materialistic values on computers, because they are a great physical comfort for us. You need to stop meditating and start thinking logically. Too much time spent meditating is wasteful, any sage will tell you this. Only so much can be achieved through meditation, after that you must be able to work for it. All you are proving to me is that you are another hypocrite. Attaining materialistic possessions and then throwing them away because you want to free yourself is the most idiotic thing you will ever do. If you work for something, enjoy the spoils. God does not want your works to be unsatisfactory. I judge those based on their shortcoming, so that hopefully they may realize why and how, so that it may be corrected to prevent future error. When you choose your friends do you not judge them before hand, if you dislike someone for a quality they have is that not judgement. Without judgement we are fools and cowards.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And here's a word of advice: Be sure you know what you say when you mention genetics. We humans haven't got a clue there yet. That's going to take some time still though. Just don't read more into it than is really there. People use it more as an excuse for explaining away their shortcomings than is really valid. We have a great deal of influence on who and what we are. We must only remain true to our nature. Problems will result when and if we don't, but it's always your choice.

I have literally been rolling on the floor laughing out loud at this for the last half hour. We remain true to our nature because that is our genetics. We know a lot about genetics, we know that genetics is what develops us from birth into what we become. The combination of every one of our ancestors. Of course you will get different gene's then your brother's and sisters, doesn't mean that your genes aren't also in there. My brother could produce a child similar to me and not to himself and mine could be similar to him. Life is chance, but it follows rules.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Do you even know what you're talking about? Have you read my texts here? "Too much time spent in meditation is wasteful"? Are you sure about that? I don't think you understand what it really is then. Maybe doing it more and gaining a genuine understanding of it would benefit you. It has me, in untold ways.

You're not particularly balanced, friend. Your comments betray you. Your prescribed method of meditation was not a receptive one. You used a lot of ego there. That's specifically counter to receiving knowledge. In meditation, the mind is silenced. This promotes reception of so much more than can even be described in words, let alone written words.

Find some peace. Find that silence. You really are too judgmental and lack more knowledge than you even seem aware of. Please, go find silence.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
they are protecting the de facto backing of the US dollar which is oil. Iraq Iran and Syria are the 3 countries that never signed on to the agreement to use only US dollars to trade in oil. Iraq stopped using dollars and the rest is history. They are being more proactive with Iran and Syria to ensure they do not get that far. It really is that simple.

If oil begins to be traded in currency other the US dollars in any significant amounts the US monetary system will crash and subsequently the economy along with the rest of the worlds economies. That is the only thing propping up the whole bloody system so they will fight to the death to keep it from happening at least till they can offer some new alternative currency which will just be a reboot of the same old system with a new dress and different color lipstick. Even then it will cause a much worse depression then we are experiencing now.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Don't you kind of wonder about how, or in fact whether the US economy is still standing at all? The numbers just don't add up and all the warring isn't making things better - except for a few.

Isn't it possible that without too much trouble, things in the US could be fixed without causing all this mayhem in the rest of the world? It seems to me that the US is in a really scary place right now, much worse than people might see at the moment. But things always come home to roost. Doesn't that bother anyone?

It also really makes me wonder about how the news is full of US warnings about the dangers of the EU's economic situation and the "experts" make it seem like it all originated here in the EU. Is the memory of the people really that short?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I only suggested the words as way for you to calm the body initially before meditation. As for your silence, yes your right, please be silent. No one wants to hear your bad advice.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Don't you kind of wonder about how, or in fact whether the US economy is still standing at all? The numbers just don't add up and all the warring isn't making things better - except for a few.

Isn't it possible that without too much trouble, things in the US could be fixed without causing all this mayhem in the rest of the world? It seems to me that the US is in a really scary place right now, much worse than people might see at the moment. But things always come home to roost. Doesn't that bother anyone?

It also really makes me wonder about how the news is full of US warnings about the dangers of the EU's economic situation and the "experts" make it seem like it all originated here in the EU. Is the memory of the people really that short?

The only reason it is still standing IMO is because Oil must be traded in US currency. That is the only thing giving the dollar any sense of value that and just peoples faith IMO. I think the British elite The crown and thier cronies are tied up in this whole monetary scheme with the US but who knows for sure. how it all works Isn;t interesting thought that they stayed out of the Euro scheme? If I had to guess the US is still just the business venture of the British crown that started a few centuries back and a very profitable one at that.

It boggles the mind to think of how they might have interwoven the schemes over several generations...

Yep those chickens are coming home to roost now!

edit on 11-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The U.S. has been so screwed up over de-regulation, we have very little chance of coming back from the mistakes that have already been made. Banks screwing over the system for Trillions of dollars, yea thats real easy to come back from. We are not in the middle east for oil. We can almost practically sustain ourself with the oil we have in the U.S. alone and with the new reserves that have been found, who knows? We are in the middle east to protect the one ally that helped us start this country... Israel, and whatever i say about Israel is either going to blown out proportion because of some extremist idiot who doesn't know his facts or get taken down because i like to convey the fact that Israeli is a puppet regime with the full intent of depopulation, making money off war and killing innocent civilians that don't suit their needs.The U.S. is now indirectly trying to start a war in syria through the use of mercenaries, and Israel is 100% behind this because they want a democratic power close to Israel in case of an attack. But now that Russia is sending helicopters to help Bashar Al-assad, things should start to get interesting. I sense a possible Russia, China, Iran, Syria, confrontation with Israel US, Nato, that could heat up in the coming days. Especially now since Syria has boiled up to a civil war as of yesterday.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Firstly, Israel did not help start the USA. Israel did not exist until the Brits gave them that land in 1948, which was actually just made independent from Mandatory Palestine, which was also British. That's 1948. There were all 48 contiguous states by then. Only Alaska and Hawaii came later, in 1959.

If you mean that the Jews helped to start the US, so did every other immigrant population that came in. No single people's contribution was more or less significant. It took everyone to make the US what it ... once was. It's been too long *not* great for us to call it "great" now. It's become a pretty horrible thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join