It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the West want in Syria...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

ah yes islamic art.

Speaking of treasures, is the "black stone" that muslims go to see while on Haj a piece of a lost technological wonder?

Would most of the ancient sites by now have been explored by TPTB? But aren't telling us?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TKfourtwoone

So much spoken in hushed tones over the ages. Few really know for sure anymore. Those who do are trying to play it close to the chest, but those whispers can still be made out in the ancient halls.

It will all be clear before long. This can't go on forever. When the little people finally realize what all this has been about, there will be swift action, I suspect.

At least I hope so.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

there is a lot of little people, who wouldn't have a clue....

THe media has been drilling people with misguided "stories", and by the time something happens the sheeple will probably pass it off as stuff from the movies.

I really do hope you are right and we start to see some much needed change in this world.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yes, it is like Indiana Jones. Sometimes I wonder if Spielberg and Lucas have been made aware of what's going on behind the scenes. Some of the blockbuster Hollywood movies seem like a sort of propaganda designed to ease the general public into certain ideas. It's kind of like a disclosure plan one Hollywood movie at a time. Just in the past thirty years, the presence of UFO and alien themed shows in the movies and on TV has grown tremendously. Most of the younger generations accept that UFOs and space aliens exist. This is due in large part to the stuff that's been in movies and TV.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the turbulence in the Middle East has not been about a chess board, indeed I think it has been. But it doesn't seem to be about oil. It seems more like geopolitical strategy. The USA wants to control the most spaces on the chess board before Russia and China take them over completely, as China has done in the case of Tibet. If the Tibetan lamas were hiding secret, ancient artifacts that contain very important information, then it makes sense that China has totally taken them over and probably searched every inch of the temples there whilst searching for ancient info. I believe that's what the Nazis were doing there just prior to WWII.

The Nazis were in hot pursuit of ancient information all over the Middle East. I'm sure they certainly found some highly interesting nuggets that have remained top secret and in the hands of Russia or the USA. One can only wonder what was discovered. We know that the Nazis were keenly interested in the evolution of mankind, the how and why of the variety of different ethnicities in the world and so forth. They didn't seem to buy the Darwin approach.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You are very correct in your thinking. I believe the most important reason is strategical advantage. Syria, and especially damascus, has been largely fought over for one reason and one reason only. It is the gateway from europe to the middle east. Any army that wishes to go say from one to the other would have to go through syria, or go around the black sea and through the caucasian mountains, or around the black sea and the caspian sea . But both of those other routes lead right through Russia. Nato DOES NOT want to go through Russia. And if they chose to avoid syria and still not go around the black sea, they would still have traverse the southern Caucasian mountains, and the extremely rugged terrain of eastern turkey.
Syria is vital to Nato's campaign against Iran. It is the most effective and shortest route by land from Europe to invade Iran.
Any route through the caucasian mountains would be disastrous to Nato, because they would be subjected to guerilla warfare, which is easily achieved because of the dramatic landscapes of the caucasian mountains.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The changes will come, be sure of that. The extent of those changes depends on where you're standing. If you live the changes you hope for, that will happen. If you continue on as most people have done until now in a shamefully passive state, that will be where you land. I know this all sounds a little too metaphysical for this forum, and maybe it is, but it's still how things are going so the time to choose is now.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

i couldn't agree with you more, but how can we make little changes that ripples through the airwaves to create big change.

we need to get traction, but how?

we can encourage peope to keep an open mind and too see the door way but it is they who have to walk through it.

i'm not so sure that enough people are walking through, they are all being tied up with busy things;

- making money
- watching tv
- playing video games
- working

we are so caught up in the above that there is no time to stop and think and see the situation we are in......

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This :

To become allies instead of enemies.

Freedom of Faith.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I've written about it so very many times before over my years here on ATS. Many things are happening right now as a result of this change. We see unemployment, failing financial institutions, civil unrest and increasing disobedience (contrasted by increasing oppression by the authorities), extreme weather, new or worsening diseases, and our fundamental rights being stripped at the drop of a hat, among other things. Do you see what's happening?

Things aren't getting worse. They are getting better. The unemployment means that people are going to have to figure out what to do on their own, using their own skills and to follow their passions rather than trying to live for the demands of their current and successive jobs. In this process, we will see the roles of every member of society change to become more honest and in keeping with ourselves as individuals and how we can fit more neatly into the community. Eventually we will have stronger communities and less large-scale government. How far that goes depends on us.

The banks are failing because money has to go. All jobs are important. The time of everyone's lives are of equal value. All work-related skills are important and needed by someone somewhere. So why do we need money? Why do we need nations? Over time, we will see that we can all work doing what we love doing and someone will value our products. Everyone who wishes to can provide resources for the next guy because that's what they love doing. Rather than "finding a job" we will "find our passion". When we aren't vying for resources, status, nor indeed our very survival for too many, we will be able to follow our hearts freely and without pressure from artificial restrictions.

Social unrest is simply the energetic manifestation of this change. As with everything else, it's not really as it seems. Yes, it's "bad", but it happens to those people in those areas because those are particularly at odds with the shift.

I can go on in a lot more detail about the whys and wherefores of all of this, but to make your lives easier all you need to do is to get rid of all the physical crap in your lives. Just dump it. Sell what's reasonably valuable but if you don't find absolute joy in something and know why you feel that way about it, get rid of it. You can always get another later anyway, but I can almost guarantee that your new-found freedom will be a much sweeter thing.

I will state now that giving away your tv, stereo, game consoles, etc., is a really good idea. Discontinue all your magazine subscriptions and throw away back issues.

Cut your job down as far as you can to be less invasive in your life. That will in turn cut down how much goes to the government and allow you more time for what's really important - You. You don't know who you are or what you want yet. Spend as much time as you can in silent introspection. Find out what your heart wants to say to you. Move slowly in that direction until you learn what it's really saying and why. This will take time. Allow for that and be gentle with yourself.

Eventually you'll need to get around to the tough task of assessing all the relationships in your life. Don't be afraid to cut off even blood relatives, childhood friends, anyone who isn't able to be genuine and honest. I've had to do it. It feels kind of brutal at first to email your mother and say what has to be said, but it is of vital importance that you do it. Honesty is non-negotiable. People who can't will .. well, we'll see what happens there.

In return for this you will have a lightness of being and a feeling that all things are truly possible. The more you concern yourself with your life and allow others that same opportunity, the more valuable your time and its use becomes.

Not one of us knows the right path for the lives of any single other person walking - not even our own children. Attachments and thoughts otherwise are simply delusions, but completely expected given what we believe about our existence. Ego is fine but you have to learn to understand it. To do that you must first let go of it. This is the hardest thing most people will ever learn to do because the more you resist, the more you *really need* to let go of it. Once you start doing it, you think you've done it but you've only found the surface, let alone actually scratched it. It runs deep in us and is the real reason for our problems now. Ego has poisoned us. Let it go.

Let everything go. Be able to walk away from everything and feel just fine about it. Only then will you have absolute control of yourself. You alone will hold the reins of your life. No one will have any control over your thoughts and feelings. You will finally be your own master.

There's your solution. Get started. The fact that you asked means you're ready.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

You can only place so much importance on the objects in your life. That includes disposing of them. If you feel that you may live in more harmony with the world if you sell you stuff go right ahead. But if you start selling your stuff because your at a tough time in your life and you really dont know what to do. DONT DO IT! Selling materialistic objects only relieves you of so much tension. In fact i believe if you have already accumulated those things, you would be doing more harm than good disposing of them. You have already spent the money on the accumulation, enjoy it while you have it, dont place too much of an importance on the condition and wealth of the object. Live with it, enjoy it, it was created by man to be enjoyed by man. Do you really think god wants us all to be sitting in the forest naked like adam and eve with nothing around us? Seriously get real. Just know that there is a big difference between want and need. Carpe Diem

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IronVelvet

You will land where you're meant to be. If you place value in and on material *anything*, you will remain in that energetic bind. That's your choice and it's for you to make. If you want to make great changes toward a world free of those materialistic values, you will do that too. It's your choice. The question was how to escape this rut we're in. That's how you do it. If you want things to remain as they are on any level, keep holding onto those "things", whatever they might be.

Freedom requires freeing oneself from those energies whatever they might be. Holding onto anything without fully examining why creates an energetic "clog", so to speak, and these things specifically need to be addressed. Things that are easy to let go of, should be. Things that are harder are the things that point to our weaknesses. We need to examine those things in silent introspection, very consciously and very honestly. Those things are the things that make us slaves.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKfourtwoone
What does the West want in Syria? More media propaganda spearheaded by the War Mongering Capitalist so called first world countries.

Is it oil?
Is it a strategic geographic position?
Is it a political advantage?
Is it a religious place to be?
I don't know, what do you fellow ats'ers think

1) Isn't it always?
2) Yep.
3) I suppose. The west really doesn't care about the treatment of people in the Middle East, so long as the ruler is on our side. This has been proven all too often.
4) Eh, not so much. The religious fanatics got their Jerusalem back, they're happy, though not with having to share it with the Muslims.

It's all about land and what pieces are strategic to controlling middle east oil, and pumping it into the west. It's the real reason they established Israel. It's real reason america went into Iraq and Afghanistan. It's all about the oil. Oil has the world hooked like a drug, even though there are proven alternatives to this form of energy. We keep drinking it up, killing eachother, and coasting around in our automobiles.

You did well, OP, first thread or not. I enjoyed it anyways, look forward to hearing more of what you got on your mind. Welcome to ATS ^.^
edit on 10-6-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: the same reason it always is pinky

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Cosmic, believe me i have started the journey sometime ago but under todays pressures we do have a care of duty to look after those around us. One cannot simply just drop everything, i'd like so much to do that but i just can't at the moment.

i do not like excuses but i see myself as a realist and like to put some kind of logic to my solutions. (i am in operations after all).

i endeavour to have "me time" with my thoughts more and more though it is these times where more and more questions are put forward.

Someone once told me to listen to my heart and follow it, i am yet to learn to listen to my heart, any pointers?

You are correct in saying, i don't know who i am , and i don't know what i want to do, because i don't.... all i do know is that, i don't like seeing the world in the situation that we are today, conflict everywhere, poverty, gap between rich and poor growing, middle class holding the economy a float, polluting of our seas and oceans, cutting down of vital rain forests, using all our wolrds resources while kiling our mother earth, the list goes on and on and on..... also the top 1% controlling the remainding 99%. i forgot to mention, corporation power, and the use of wars to create wealth, displace a country and drain it of its resources. Something is not right with the above, but we move forward.

We all need to earn a living and unfortunately we need to work to gain money, to buy food to have shelter all those necessities.

I do not really watch television apart from F1, i do not play video games anymore.

I apologise for this post not having any flow or grammatical correctiveness as i am just typing my thoughts ad hoc.

i know that we are a distracted popluation and that is by careful planning by the elite, i know that the media use the power of suggestion, every person out in the world who watches tv wants to live the life of a character from tv or video games, the times are changing and the general popluation is heading south.

so i guess my outlook for the time being is;

- look out for family and friends
- treat others as you'd like to be treated
- earn a living without being boastful
- meditation (someone will need to teach me, any takers?)
- try to have a environmentally friendly sustainable home
- do not watch tv as it is corrupting
- have compassion for those around you who are not as lucky.... (to help one or two is okay, but how do you help 1000+?

as you can see/read i am a pretty confused person i think.

May the force be with you.... well i call it the force i guess it is the same as consciousness, the aether, dark matter, space......

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

thank you for your kind words.....

i hope to put more of my thoughts onto this live server....

i feel a police state article coming up....................

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Meditation Lesson (the one and only you'll ever need): Start practicing qigong and meditate for a few minutes between each exercise. Free form meditate. Focus on silence. Quiet your mind. That's it. Best trip you'll ever have. Eventually you'll meditate anywhere and everywhere, no matter what you're doing. Life is much easier this way. Believe it.

As for your list of priorities there, cut it down to one. You are the only thing you need to concern yourself with at any point in your life. You are responsible for you and you alone. Others can ask for help and you can oblige as you see fit, and I'm not saying this in a selfish way by any means. It's simply the truth. You walk alone in your shoes. No one can walk your path for you. You came in alone and you'll go out alone. And your life is the only one you live so live it as best you can.

Again, those attachments you have for must-dos and must-haves are what are holding you both down and back. You don't need anything but a place to rest your head. You don't need a career or a particular kind of house or a new car or even an old car. By placing all those requirements on every aspect of your life you simply "must" yourself out of any peace of mind you might otherwise find. But that is your choice. You have chosen to think that way, to feel that way, to believe in those values, to ascribe to those thought processes and have conformed to those norms.

You can choose again. Every moment of your life you choose to accept those same values with every movement you make and every thought you think. If you want to change it, do so. There's no "want" or "can't" about it. Just do it - or don't. You have free will. Exercise it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The fact that you actually think you can achieve freedom is laughable. You will never be free, no matter how hard you fight or how much you condone piece. This world was not meant for freedom. But if you can achieve freedom of mind and heart. Then in your soul you will be free. Nothing will stop you. You will find a way through fire and storm, hell or high water to do what you must. Materialism is only bad when it is used improperly like most things. Materialistic items only hold as much value as is placed in them. They will not prevent you from being the person you want to be or to ever achieve your dreams. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to play god and direct how the physics of our universe unfold.
Cosmic egg, I see that you have not followed your own advice. You still use and rely on a computer to try and get your point across to others. In a sense a type of materialism. I do not know if you own the computer or not but you do place some importance on it.
Freeing yourself of your materialistic goods is just another way for someone else to own them. LOL
At this point in civilization I wouldn't dare drop everything I owned and give it to the church along with my life, which is similar to what you are saying. Which was done quite often over the years, so that one may reach salvation through god. How can you actually tell someone these things? ITS PREPOSTEROUS

FYI: Your form of meditation kind of sucks. no offense.
Step one: lay down, perfectly flat, the head can be raised if you choose, but most of the time i choose not to. Any couch long enough, the floor or a bed will work. (This can also be done in any number of positions but i have found lying down to be the most effective.
Step two: Clear all though out of your mind, close your eyes and begin to focus on a ball or string or even your own blood that is pumping through your body, feel it go down your arms and back to your heart, then feel it go down your legs and back to your heart, then to your head, genitalia, lower back, This is to awaken your chakra's. Keep repeating this step with a clear head until you can feel your body almost begin to vibrate. By this time the body is very relaxed.
Step three: FOCUS, push all thought out of your head, focus on nothing (or try to picture god in its entirety, whichever you prefer) , then in the darkness as your eyes are closed, shapes will begin to appear and disappear, light and dark, push yourself deeper into your mind with more concentration, into the darkness, begin looking for symbols or people or other things of significance within your consciousness.
Step four: Your eyes still closed, you should be able to feel the vibrations constantly now, do not move during this entire exercise, dont open your eyes, dont wiggle your toes/fingers, remain perfectly still. The shapes on your eyelids will become much more vivid. Flickering in and out of vision, Push your mind as deep into the recesses' of it that you can find and keep feeling the blood pulse through your extremities.

If you wish to have repetitive words in your head for the duration of exercise, I would choose the words.
I AM NOT MY MIND, repeat this over and over again until meditation is achieved. Because your I is not your mind it is your consciousness it is your soul it is your understanding not your knowledge

If at all you feel you are in danger/ something is wrong, sit up focus on what your goals is for the day's exercise and repeat, until success. This wont work with any noise, unless it is white noise. I usually either interlace my fingers over my chest or put them at my side during this (because i tend to not sit still for very long, this helps me a lot., but do not put them above your head.
At this point i have repeated this meditation process to the point where I can achieve it at any time no matter the focus or place or position of my body, I can even walk around and do it.. It takes me away from wherever i am and places me in a point of complete serenity.
edit on 10-6-2012 by IronVelvet because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2012 by IronVelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This gets my vote:
archive.newsmax.com...
It says the Russian Spetsnaz removed the chemical WMDs from Iraq before the second war in order to take the excuse of attacking Iraq from the US.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

You can choose again. Every moment of your life you choose to accept those same values with every movement you make and every thought you think. If you want to change it, do so. There's no "want" or "can't" about it. Just do it - or don't. You have free will. Exercise it.

Free will is more of an illusion. You have the free will to do what you want in this world yes. But you forget that your thoughts and actions are directed from a different place than your mind. Your thoughts and actions have a direct correlation to your identity and your genetics. You will do as your ancestors have done. You will act as they have acted. As you will evolve this may change but for the majority it stays the same. You are the combination of every one of your ancestors. They are what take away your free will. They are what govern how you choose to solve situations and how to live your life. So in a sense there is no such thing as free will. We are made to do what we have always been made to do, and you shall do as your ancestors before you. Your genetics and life are like a monopoly game. You will go around the same ways as your ancestors and land on similar positions, as for the cards you pick up those are your choice to use how you see fit. But know that your reaction/ answer to the card that has been picked has already been chosen by pre-disposition.
edit on 10-6-2012 by IronVelvet because: clarification

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

If that is how you want to behave, you are most certainly free to do so. I choose otherwise.

I have spent a great deal of time and effort to make my thoughts and reactions my own. This is not something that just dawned on me a couple of years ago. This started long before I can recall the thought being conscious, but I do know that by the time my father died when I was 14 that it was already a prominent feature in my life.

For some years, when trying to get along with my husband's family, I decided to try to be what they wanted me to be in order to fit in better. I'm an immigrant, you see. It's not easy for someone like me to assimilate externals and this exercise almost killed me. Not a good idea for me at all.

So you see, with conscious effort you can change anything. You don't have to be anything you don't want to be. You are always free to be exactly who you are.

And here's a word of advice: Be sure you know what you say when you mention genetics. We humans haven't got a clue there yet. That's going to take some time still though. Just don't read more into it than is really there. People use it more as an excuse for explaining away their shortcomings than is really valid. We have a great deal of influence on who and what we are. We must only remain true to our nature. Problems will result when and if we don't, but it's always your choice.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You are most certainly entitled to your own POV. I don't think a computer though is particularly materialistic. I have a bicycle too. I one more than one pair of underwear. I have shoes suitable for various kinds of weather. I live in an apartment building in a suburb in Helsinki. I don't live in a tent or in a hole in the ground and I have yet to taste my first earthworm. I'm not advocating that people drop everything they do and have just like that. I didn't do that myself. It's a process to let go of things, but letting go is what must be done to achieve freedom.

You have assumed something more extreme than I advocate. I make very conscious decisions about what I do. I also choose not to do a lot of things. This is the core consciousness I'm trying to make people aware of. To consider each and every thing they allow in their lives and to allow the rest to fall by the wayside. Eventually you find that just the fact that those things exist is enough. There is no need to own one yourself.

As for my method of meditation, it certainly does not "suck" as you put it. It has worked quite well for me, it's entirely free, it contains no props whatsoever. I don't see how it can be improved upon. I meditate constantly and have done for quite a long time.

Perhaps you're a bit judgmental. Perhaps you don't know as much as you think you do. You have a lot of comments that demonstrate your lack of depth and breadth of understanding. You might want to ponder some of these things with some gravity and perhaps reserve comment and judgment for a time when you have more insight and understanding of things without the extremism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join