It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the West want in Syria...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

My first thread, please go easy on me, though i think i have asked more questions than provide an incite into my mind:

What does the West want in Syria? More media propaganda spearheaded by the War Mongering Capitalist so called first world countries.

Is it oil?
Is it a strategic geographic position?
Is it a political advantage?
Is it a religious place to be?
I don't know, what do you fellow ats'ers think

and is this the way they do it?

Guide to conquering a country for dummies.
1. Pay mercenaries too act as Government (Syrian in this case) forces (Probably with weapons bought from the west)
2. Attack civilians and any targets where it will create compassion.
3. Get the propaganda machine to spin the stories, even use old footage from different wars to support their stories.
4. Get Corrupt World Leaders to accuse the (Assad) government to atrocities to it own people. Where has this happened before.....
5. The people of the world don't know any better, as the media propaganda machine is doing their job to twist the real story.
6. The Western forces roll in.......
7. The West pays more mercenaries and gun for hires to act as insurgence. Every man has their price.
8. More money is needed, more men are killed, all in the name of what...........

History repeats...... again.

Open discussion all please let the comments flow;

edit on 7/6/2012 by TKfourtwoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
this is a very good question i was thinking the same thing the other day when i was watching a news report on Syria.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adam76

well it is another country in the middle east which has n't been in the media lime light for as long as i can remember.

Friends of mine from there have said that it is one of the few places where christians and muslims co exist together.

The west is on a roll;

Iraq
Afganistan
Egypt
Libya
Syria?
Iran?

China and Russia seem to support the countries that the West are trying to help ( i mean invade).....

There has to be something they are not telling us, but i guess this is always the case.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TKfourtwoone

I personally think that they are trying to tactically encircle Iran so that it will be easier when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
its more then just oil. this is ALL about neutralizing anything they deem a threat to the illegal state of Israel

once syria falls, only Iran is left... ww3 possibly?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Syria was once, very long ago, an important part of Mesopotamia. I've seen a conspiracy theory kicked around like a football among various theorists who contend that in a broad scope the USA wants access to archeological artifacts in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and Iran.

Rumors have been that during Desert Storm Iraqi museums of ancient artifacts were raided by special black ops teams.

What's the urgency? What are they looking for?

This could possibly tie in to the hot topic of the return of Wormwood/Nibiru. Let's do a little 'what if' exercise.

What if astronomers detected the fabled Wormwood/Nibiru mini-solar system and have been tracking it since the late 1970s or early 1980s and this has been classified information. What if Zacharia Sitchen was right and these celestial bodies come into our inner solar system every 3600 years with the next near approach confirmed by science to peak 12/21/12. High technology recon satellites are launched to look for hidden or buried archeological sites. Conflicts are planned and arranged in such a way as to gain full access to all pertinent archeological artifacts related to the early Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Hittites, Persians and other early Middle Eastern civilizations --- in an attempt to gain further intelligence on the ancient aliens known as the Annunaki (predicted by Sitchen to be living on Nibiru, a planet which orbits a failed star called Wormwood or Nemesis).

Nazi scientists were actively exploring the Middle East and the Himilayas possibly looking for proof that our human species were somehow jumpstarted by some alien civilization. This idea of an alien intelligence affecting the evolution of the human brain is alluded to in Kubrick's 2001: A Space Oddysey, for example.

So, anyway, there might be some kind of archeology or unexamined archeological site in Syria that the US or NATO want access to. Just a hypothetical conspiracy theory as there is no proof that this is what is happening.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
it's simple.

They need to destabilize the region as much as possible in the coming months in order to make sure that Iran has no allies and no way out once they start their war.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What does the west want? To make russia feel uncomfortable and to get closer to Iran?

Oh I know...they make the worlds best popcorn balls......

Honestly your guess is as good as mine as they really dont have anything of value except maybe cadavers.....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Maybe it's possible that Russia and China also want to get at certain archeological information in the area. Perhaps the USA wants to beat them to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
how about the simple things , stop the mass killing and bring peace but then,... doing so will cause more killings and unpeace, news.yahoo.com... from the link

Hillary Clinton assails Assad: ‘Syria will not, cannot be peaceful until Assad goes’
gee Hil' tell us something we do not know.

"We're disgusted by what we see happening," Clinton said in Istanbul, where she was scheduled to meet with envoys from 16 European, Turkish and Arab countries. "The regime-sponsored violence that we witnessed again in Hama yesterday is simply unconscionable. Assad has doubled down on his brutality and duplicity, and Syria will not, cannot be peaceful, stable or certainly democratic until Assad goes."

You keep saying that, so what will you do hil?

"We have to do more to help organize and focus the opposition," she said.
so will you tell us?...

Meanwhile, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta warned that the United States is "reaching the limits of our patience" with Pakistan over harboring militants.

"It's extremely important that Pakistan take action to prevent this kind of safe haven," Panetta said during an unannounced visit to Afghanistan, according to CNN.

the answer is no, but see how they can bring up an another hot spot.
edit on 7-6-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I dont think they are warring to get ahold of archeological artifacts. I mean yes they would probably take them since they are their (spoils of war) but THAT in itself would not be the reason for war.

It is for this and nothing more: The west might NOT have to war with Iran if all of Iran's neighbors are nutralized and they find themselves isolated. They may feel they have no choice but to give up their nuclear program.

OR:

If Iran will not give up their nuclear programm and war does happen, then the west or Israel will be fighting only Iran and not Iran and Syria at the same time.

Its systematic and it gives the West options.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My guess is they are worried about WMD stuff. The US for one doesn't want it to get loose? Just a thought

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I don't want to offend you but the word 'there' and 'their' do not have the same meanings. They are entirely different words and are not interchangeable.

My view on this is that the US and UKs 'Royal' families want to regain power and dominance in the region to satisy their crazed, ritualistic and symbolic needs. E.G. They believe they are of Sumerian/babylonian blood and want to dominate the region to please Moloch or Ba'al (Ancient Gods). Geo-Politics and resources definitely have an affect but I don't think they are the sole reason for looming war.
Maybe Zacharia Sitchen is right, maybe I am right or maybe we are all wrong. Nobody knows except the ones behind this War Agenda.

It is also a deeply strategic position in the sense it will not only deprive Iran of it's Syrian allies but it also guards Israels Borders from any strike when they move to attack Iran. It will also make Iran feel lonely and could make the political pressure from the West that bit more intense.

Either way, war is coming and you all better be ready for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No doubt but this is a site full of 14 years olds and im typing fast at work so typos and grammar wont be perfect. But this is ATS and a bunch of loonies so who cares? As long as the point gets across.

Originally posted by Trajan
reply to post by princeofpeace

I don't want to offend you but the word 'there' and 'their' do not have the same meanings. They are entirely different words and are not interchangeable.

My view on this is that the US and UKs 'Royal' families want to regain power and dominance in the region to satisy their crazed, ritualistic and symbolic needs. E.G. They believe they are of Sumerian/babylonian blood and want to dominate the region to please Moloch or Ba'al (Ancient Gods). Geo-Politics and resources definitely have an affect but I don't think they are the sole reason for looming war.
Maybe Zacharia Sitchen is right, maybe I am right or maybe we are all wrong. Nobody knows except the ones behind this War Agenda.

It is also a deeply strategic position in the sense it will not only deprive Iran of it's Syrian allies but it also guards Israels Borders from any strike when they move to attack Iran. It will also make Iran feel lonely and could make the political pressure from the West that bit more intense.

Either way, war is coming and you all better be ready for it.

edit on 7-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Syria is also the location of Russia's only Mediterranean port

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
its more then just oil. this is ALL about neutralizing anything they deem a threat to the illegal state of Israel

once syria falls, only Iran is left... ww3 possibly?

It serves two purposes.

It serves the Israel lobby that controls the West for the reasons mentioned in quoted post.

It also serves the NEO CONS who are in bed with the Israeli lobby because the sheer position of Syria highlights it's potential to be an oil transport hub for the entire region. It borders Iraq, Turkey and the Med. Just look at a map of where it is, control of Syria through a puppet dictator is essential.

Plus it removes an ally of Iran, further isolating that nation.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

interestig viewppoint, sounds like something out of indiana jones crossed with hellboy and add a little bit of transformers!!!

Are they showing the truth in plain sight?

Sounds like a geo-politcal strategic move to me, Israel is about to get a whole lot bigger.

If Syria falls, Iran is left watching her back, China and Russia will be poised, all eyes will be on the middle east again.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Washington wants it's flag raised the highest in Beijing and Moscow.

Damascus must fall like Tripoli.
Tehran comes when it's isolated.

One step at a time.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKfourtwoone

It's a chess match.The king is Russia and the Queen is China,once syria and iran are finished,it will be 'check mate' for russia and china as the united states will be as close to russia and china like never before.

serbianna.com...
i.infoplease.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

You're right. It's all about the archeological treasures of that region. TPTB can buy everything else, but that's something none of these leaders were willing to part with so this is the only option the ultra-wealthy have left. It's never been about oil. It's never been about freedom or WMDs or any of the other thinly-veiled excuses they still powder us with. It's about treasure. I've alluded to this periodically in the past but no one has ever caught it, to my knowledge. Glad to see it's out there now.

I was just recently in Paris and naturally visited the Louvre for the umpteenth time. They are opening and new exhibit of - guess what - Islamic art. It's huge. It's just leftovers from the stuff that we little people will never see.

Who remembers huge crates being shipped from Iraq to Canadian ports maybe six or seven years ago? I recall them saying that it couldn't enter US ports so it went to Canada. Canada has better equipped ports than the US? Interesting. It has less prying eyes and less corrupt officials, to be sure. Or it did then. Has anyone noticed the unfortunate change in Canadian gov't too? Something has caused radical change in them. It's no coincidence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join