It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What $40,000 Gets You in Presidential Fundraising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here's a refreshing bias free look at fundraising, what it will cost you, and what it might buy you..

Both sides look the same under this light..

For those who cannot afford to participate at this level, are your concerns being addressed?

Me? Not able to participate at that level, but I will never give up the only power I have in these elections..

My ballot. I still have hope that the disgruntled, will shun the accepted practices employed by both sides, and step up to the plate to send a message to DC that enough is enough.

www.dailydemocrat.com

If you have $40,000 to spend, President Barack Obama's campaign has a deal for you.
Write a big check, and you'll get you a picture with the president and a chance to swap political strategy with him -- all while enjoying a gourmet meal at the lavish home of a Hollywood celebrity or Wall Street tycoon. And if you get the campaign even more money, you might just end up with a plum post as a U.S. ambassador or an invitation to an exclusive White House state dinner.

Obama not your preference? No problem. Mitt Romney is offering donors perks that include everything from a private dinner with him to seats at the fall debates.

Welcome to the world of high-dollar presidential campaign fundraising.

Five months before the November election, both candidates are stacking their schedules with big-money fundraising events from coast to coast as they look to stockpile cash for the height of the campaign. On Wednesday, Romney was courting donors in Texas while Obama was holding four fundraisers in California that were expected to yield at least $4.6 million.

No offense to either side in this battle, but I will not joining in with the bash left/right that some find amusing, it does nothing for me. I seek a government that get's back to basics.

Passing a budget would be nice

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As the saying goes, follow the money...

The fundraising is needed for massive media campaigns.

The media campaigns buy television and radio spots. And let's not forget yard signs.

This money is spent because 30 second television commercials, radio commercials, and yard signs actually influence who people vote for.

The flaw in the system isn't the politicians, or the money they raise. The flaw in the system is the level of awareness of the majority of the voters. If voters weren't swayed by advertising, they wouldn't be spending so much.

But voters are human. Human decision making is based on emotion, not reason. Advertising induces emotions. Nobody is immune. It just is what it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Dang! 40 grand for a meal, a chat and a photo? I can imagine the family holiday photo display dialog now...

"Oh yes, this is when Harry re-mortgaged our house for the 2nd time to go see Obama. Of course, we thought things were looking up back then and would soon earn the money back. Hindsight can be hard....

*clicks button for next slide*

Here's where they repossess the house...."

Oh my. How did we get to here again?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No money for the vets returning from overseas.
No money for schools and teachers.
No money for food/medical assistance for those in need (especially children).
No money for roads and bridges.

But when it comes to trying to influence an election or a politician? Pffffttt...no problem!

2012 election spending likely to top $8B

I guess Democracy ain't cheap.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

No it's not.. and you have to take notice of those who LOVE to toss out the $$ figures.... and happily do so..

How many folks across the globe, let alone the US, could benefit if that $$$ was put to more charitable efforts, or invested in ways to create job growth?

rubbing elbows must be so addictive, that common sense, and reason are tossed aside to down some caviar and toss back a flute of champagne..

I will not fall for it! Grits and Champipple for this Hillbilly~!!!

Billion $$ to sit in the oval office :shk: And they are proud as a peacock to ram that down the folks' collective throat.

Don't worry about the MSM losing focus, and maintaining their integrity.. disregard the windfall that they reap every 4 years from this farce.

end rant.

No worries folks, there has been some progress... some good changes in Congress, and quote a few of the lifers hanging up their hats, opens up some more opportunity to send some folks to DC who are more in tune with the basic responsibility their position holds..

In other words.. I still have hope... and a strong faith in the voting populace, to show up at the polls in NOV and continue the efforts to take the country back...

/end 2nd rant..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
No money for the vets returning from overseas.
No money for schools and teachers.
No money for food/medical assistance for those in need (especially children).
No money for roads and bridges.

But when it comes to trying to influence an election or a politician? Pffffttt...no problem!

This isn't Government money. This is money that people freely choose to give to the candidates.

join