It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSVita to get psone classic support!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The PlayStation Network is crowded with games to download and play, but for many old-school gamers, the PSone Classics library, hundreds of titles strong, is where the action’s at. But ever since the PlayStation Vita was launched, complaints about how Sony’s new handheld couldn’t play PSone Classics remained consistently loud. Thankfully, those complaints can soon subside, because a firmware update for Vita, launching soon, will rectify the situation.

At E3, Sony showed-off a new firmware-equipped PlayStation Vita with seven playable PSone Classics: Final Fantasy VII, Cool Boarders 2, Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, Tomb Raider, Jet Moto and Twisted Metal 2.

This is friggin sweet!! With this and youtube app coming, Sony has finally made me a happy Vita owner! I'll be sure to download Final Fantasy VII when it releases.

Visit the link for more info: PSVita psone support

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I got FF7 on my PS3 and still play it now and then. But this is great news for old skool gamers and I hope they keep it up, they may not make as much money as games such as GTA's and COD's do but the happiness old games can bring some people is well worth it.

Hopefully it won't be like the PS3 store with only a handful of old games

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wipeout 2197, loved that game, excellent soundtrack, will the firmware update allow you to play any ps1 game or only a handful?.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Im not sure, the info i posted in the op was pretty much new news and thats all the details that were given. We should be hearing a lot more soon. Im guessing that sony will gradually add to the list weekly, i think.

If i find out more i'll try to keep you updated on this.

If you have a ps3 and have purchased ps1 games on the ps3 from the psn store, you'd be able to transfer the ps1 games over to the vita. That makes ps1 games more available to you other than the psvitas catalog of ps1 games.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Games to play for sure: (thats out on the sony market)

Xenogears
Final Fantasy 7 & 8
Vagrant Story

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well, its finally almost here! PSvita update 1.8 will be here at the end of this month, August 28th. Only two weeks away.

Listed below are a few other new features that will be added with the 1.80 update:

Cross Controller

The new Cross-Controller feature will allow you to use PS Vita as a controller to play compatible games on PS3, such as LittleBigPlanet 2. This feature lets you take advantage of PS Vita’s rich features including the touch screen, rear touch pad, six-axis motion sensing system, and cameras.

To access the cross controller feature you need to launch the Remote Play application and then click on the Cross-Controller icon.

Controls

You will now have the option to control the home screen and some features of applications such as Videos and Music with the buttons on the PS Vita system.

Music

Playlists will be supported in Music. You will be able to transfer iTunes (10.6.3 or later), M3U, and M3U8 playlists from a PS3 or a PC using Content Manager.

Web Browser

Rear touch pad operation will be supported by the browser, allowing you to scroll through and zoom out of pages without obscuring the screen.

Video

The following controls have been added to Videos:

Playback speed control
Repeat play
Photos

Viewing photos in MPO format will now be supported, with the ability to transfer MPO files from PS3™ and PC using Content Manager.
* 3D and multi-angle viewing are NOT supported.

Group Messaging

Along with some new layout enhancements, you will be able to take photos to add as attachments when writing Group Messages.

Maps

The Maps feature has been improved by adding a button on the top screen to switch between “Search for Location” and “Search for Directions.” You can also touch and hold a location on the map and place a user flag.

“near”

“near” will be able to gather the information of surrounding Wi-Fi access points without internet connection and update the location data based on it later. You can get location data within the area covered by Wi-Fi location services.

Playstation Blog

edit on 15-8-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

Thank you very much for the update on the update, I no longer own a PS Vita but have a mate who does and will pass this info on. There is a few new good things on that update the most helpful one for my friend being the wi-fi one

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I have also contemplated on selling my psvita. I just kept it anyways to see what is coming up for it. Also, if you don't know yet but a new VHBL will be released on the same day as the 1.8 update. If you don't know what VHBL is, here is an explanation from wololo's site.

VHBL, a.k.a. Vita Half Byte Loader, is a homebrew loader for the Playstation Vita. It runs through a hack in some specific PSP game (yet to be announced) in the Vita’s PSP emulator. More specifically, it allows you to run PSP homebrews on the PS Vita, including a range of popular emulators.

The good thing is that the vhbl doesn't let you play pirated psp games or pirated psv games, just emulators and custom made games. (Homebrew games)

top topics

join