It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

923 Executive Orders signed in 40 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What's going to happen? Is there something in the works it seems a little excessive to be signing all those orders. I've never heard of this before. I've heard of being prepared but this??? I don't know what to make of this, give me your best opinion.

What do you think might be going on? ATSers do you find this strange?

Sorry Having trouble embeding this video, please check out.

Pakalert Press

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 monthsWhat did Congress do in those 40 months?

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize andcontrol the communication media.

“Today’s executive order marks a paradigm shift for U.S. regulators by directing them to take the international implications of their work into account in a consistent and comprehensive way,” Sean Heather, vice president of the chamber’s Center for Global Regulatory Cooperation, said in an e-mailed statement.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 monthsWhat did Congress do in those 40 months?

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

What checking did you do before posting such rubbish?

Executive Order 10990 February 2, 1962
www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Executive Order 10995 Assigning telecommunications management functions
Signed: February 16, 1962
www.archives.gov...

Or did you think Obama was the POTUS in 1962?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Not a huge Obama fan here (voting 3rd party this year come hell or high water, everyone should do the same), but this is the kind of context-free nonsense that always gets thrown around between the two major parties each election cycle. After all, how many of these E.O.s are just re-signing of long standing executive orders as is the case with the two you mentioned? How many of these orders are unique to Obama and how damaging are they? Also, how many E.O.s have past presidents signed? A super quick google glance showed me that Obama's numbers are not out of whack with the standard escalation curve over the last 50 years (with the average number per president increasing as the number of re-signatures of past orders increases).

That being said, Executive Orders are a troublesome concept regardless of the which president is sitting in the big chair. I would love to see a candidate come out against Executive Orders the way they came out against earmarks in past election cycles. Of course, I would also like to see a complete and dramatic overhaul to the entire legislative process so what do I know.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

The *real* reason Congress has been so quiet.

www.ips-dc.org...

November 4, 2010 · By Karen Dolan, a fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies, or IPS, and director of the Cities for Progress and Cities for Peace projects based at the radical organization. (Funded by George Soros)

No, I am not playing the popular elementary school game of Opposites Day. It's true. Progressives won in the 2010 mid-term elections.

(snip)

Let's throw our support unabashedly behind the Congressional Progressive Caucus and let's push Obama to finally do the right thing through as many Executive Orders as we can present to him.

conservativebyte.com...

Posted on April 24, 2012 by Conservative Byte

Today’s New York Times offers a stunning revelation for anyone who hasn’t been following the news out of Washington for the past three years: President Barack Obama is bypassing Congress and using his executive authority to unilaterally implement his policies of choice, irrespective of the will of the people.

The Times cites an episode last fall when the president declared in a White House meeting “that the administration needed to more aggressively use executive power to govern in the face of Congressional obstructionism.” And so was born the president’s “We Can’t Wait” slogan, which has become a mantra for the Obama Administration’s unilateral form of governance. The Times overlooks the fact that the president’s “new” slogan had been conceived and implemented well before last fall.

Many of the orders cited were signed previously, but Obama signed executive orders to enforce, ammend, or reform them. The poster above should have perhaps delved a bit more deeply.

To see one list click here:

1461days.blogspot.com...

Here is a year by year listing at the Federal Register for those willing to do their own research:

www.archives.gov...
www.archives.gov...
www.archives.gov...
www.archives.gov...

edit on 7-6-2012 by Libertygal because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by 1loserel2

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

What checking did you do before posting such rubbish?

Executive Order 10990 February 2, 1962
www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Executive Order 10995 Assigning telecommunications management functions
Signed: February 16, 1962
www.archives.gov...

Or did you think Obama was the POTUS in 1962?

This here is what's called a smack down, Spoor.

What checking did YOU do before making yourself look foolish? None, I would reckon.

forliberty2012.com...

Executive OrdersSource: U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Codification of Presidential Proclamations and Executive Orders Disposition Tables. Note that when a new administration takes over the presidency, old Executive Orders are re-authorized as new Executive Orders, thereby expanding their unconstitutional power. Some of these are merged with new Executive Orders and assigned new numbers.

■Executive Order 10990: Allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports (Has been reaffirmed under PDD 51, the John Warner Defense Authorization Act and other acts).
■Executive Order 10995: Allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
■Executive Order 10997: Allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
■Executive Order 10998: Allows the government to seize all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks, vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.
■Executive Order 10999: Allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
■Executive Order 11000: Allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
■Executive Order 11001: Allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

(emphasis mine)
etc..

The only rubbish is you attempting to derail his thread from the truth. That's how the first reply goes nowadays, though, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It is obvious that Dear Leader Obama is preparing for a Venezuela style dictatorship take over.
I wonder what the catalyst/false flag will be

If I were to guess I would say a newclear 'man made disaster' event.
(yes, misspelled on purpose)

new topics

top topics

join