It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity the Religion of Peace! I don't think so???;

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by borntowatch

Christ himself said, "A new commandment I give unto you. Love each other as you love yourself."

Anyone that proclaims they are a Christian but does not follow this is not a real Christian.

Christ also said, "Turn the other cheek" and multiple, multiple times said, "Judge ye not, least ye be judged".

That's good enough for me.

Christianity like all major religions has been corrupted on purpose.

This was a major conspiracy - research, check your history.

The crusades, and all the other garbage that followed was not what Yeshua (Jesus's real name) preached.

The only time he showed anger was towards the money changers.

All this from a non Christian for 50 of my 59 years.

Do the research.

All the torture and murdering in the many names of God were not really for God, they were committed by and for greedy, power hungry men.

Check out L. A. Marzulli's videos and books.

Yeshua preached love and tolerance..........................anyone deviating from that is not a real Christian in my book, or not of what they now call Christ mind.

Do unto others exactly as you would have them do unto you.........................if EVERYONE followed that one simple rule, our planet could be paradise.

Peace and safe journey to you.

Well said....Why people want to twist it into something else is beyond me. Also we don't need a bible or any organization. It is written on our hearts and minds to follows those two rules you mention and if we did so as you have already stated the world would be a wonderful place to live. So simple yet people refuse to see it because the knee-jerk reaction thinking that they are being condemned and they might have to change something in their life. So shallow and well.. wrong actually. It's all taken care of.. if they only knew I guess...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by samsamm9
And let's not forget all the "sexual terrorists" in the Catholic Church. Pedophiles and rapist ..

It's amazing how people focus in on the Catholic church for this when the fact is that the Protestants have just as much of a problem with it and the public schools in the US have an even bigger problem. But hitting the Catholic church up and forgetting about the rest is more fun .. isn't it?

Well, to me the Catholic Church is just a MASSIVE enterprise with franchises all over the world, mostly runned by criminals, homosexuals, pedophiles, money hungry and power hungry individuals.Period.

It's not really about fun, but about facts.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Jesus says:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

(Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

This is messed up, in my opinion.

I totally agree. Years and years ado, just after my wife and I had parted company, my then 6 year old when spending the weekend with me told me that she wasn't allowed to love me any more because her scripture teacher told her that she could only love god (note the SMALL g)
Naturally, this hit a very raw nerve so I went to the school on the Monday morning to tell them that no bored housewife with a god complex was to carry on with any indoctrination of my daughter and if she wanted to take it further I would be happy to pull her bl00dy nose for her until it hurt and that she couldn't go sticking it into relationships between dads and their daughters.
religion (any religion) that comes between a parent and their kid is worse than sick, it's imo criminal and should be destroyed in whatever way it takes.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709

Jesus says:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

I totally agree. Years and years ado, just after my wife and I had parted company, my then 6 year old when spending the weekend with me told me that she wasn't allowed to love me any more because her scripture teacher told her that she could only love god (note the SMALL g)
Naturally, this hit a very raw nerve so I went to the school on the Monday morning to tell them that no bored housewife with a god complex was to carry on with any indoctrination of my daughter and if she wanted to take it further I would be happy to pull her bl00dy nose for her until it hurt and that she couldn't go sticking it into relationships between dads and their daughters.
religion (any religion) that comes between a parent and their kid is worse than sick, it's imo criminal and should be destroyed in whatever way it takes.

Sounds like you have left your kids in others peoples hands to be indoctrinated and you want to blame them.
I suggest you learn to teach your kids the truth. Relying on others sort of incriminates your own lackadaisical attitude.
Look in the mirror and bloody your own nose.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
yeah i guess you're right. First time I called her bluff my daughter ended up with a broken arm. Her next threat was if she couldn't have the kids, nobody would have them. Didn't expect the local public school to allow some freak into the school to indoctrinate them. Sound like you might be one of indoctrinating freak religious nutters so if you'd like to come for a nose job, just let me know. Now 24 years later, my daughter is in touch at least weekly, many times more. So if I have a choice of your advice and how things have worked out, you come a very very poor last. In other words, go peddle your destructive family destroying religious pestilance somewhere else. I think you have definately touched a nerve here bucco and I am more than willing to go well out of my way to destroy any person who comes between me and my kids. And as far as teaching kids, ANY KIDS the truth, no kid has the ability to work out the ins and outs of religion at a young age, so again, religious nutters of ANY DENOMINATION should be kept WELL away until they can make their OWN informed decisions.

edit on 8/6/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

See a pattern here?

I wonder what our followers of Judaism are hiding as well.

If the pattern links between all 3, then you have the key. But don't try and unlock it just yet.
edit on 8-6-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Sorry, I can't let you get away with such a sanctimonious comment before. I had a look at some of your other posts and here i a quote from one of them "Modern day education is nothing more than state controlled brain washing. The government owns your kids and teaches your kids and instills fears and belief in to them."

You were very correct in this first part. Our education ystem lets these illiterate, ignorant type of housewife to come into the schools once a week to help cure their boredom and to let them AS YOU HAVE SAID ------- BRAINWASH our kids. After the episode with my daughter, I DID take steps that my daughter was NOT to have ANY CONTACT with THIS SORT OF BRAINWASHING

and then you typed

"The only thing that sets humanity free is Jesus. Christians live in this world with an eye on the promise of the New Kingdom under Christ. "

You see, you have shown here that you are willing to BRAINWASH others with nothing more than an unprovable dogma.

My final suggestion to you. Go get a pencil sharpener and use it on your own nose or lend it to some of your scripture teacher colleagues, so that it is nice and sharp for the next time you or they want to stick it into the happy family relationships that exist .

OK Now I can let it go. Nope, I'm not going to bite again if you reply a I have the most fantastic relationship with both of my daughters and all 3 of my sons and naturally, with my beautiful second wife.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

yeah i guess you're right. First time I called her bluff my daughter ended up with a broken arm. Her next threat was if she couldn't have the kids, nobody would have them. Didn't expect the local public school to allow some freak into the school to indoctrinate them. Sound like you might be one of indoctrinating freak religious nutters so if you'd like to come for a nose job, just let me know. Now 24 years later, my daughter is in touch at least weekly, many times more. So if I have a choice of your advice and how things have worked out, you come a very very poor last. In other words, go peddle your destructive family destroying religious pestilance somewhere else. I think you have definately touched a nerve here bucco and I am more than willing to go well out of my way to destroy any person who comes between me and my kids. And as far as teaching kids, ANY KIDS the truth, no kid has the ability to work out the ins and outs of religion at a young age, so again, religious nutters of ANY DENOMINATION should be kept WELL away until they can make their OWN informed decisions.

edit on 8/6/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

Bucco, this the Happy Days generation

Once a week, how cool is that. .
and I come a poor last.

Listen sonshine, you allowed what happened to your kids by default. Blaming everyone else for your inability to do anything should hit a raw nerve.
I brought my kids up as Christians and without trying to be arrogant, they love Me their Mother (my wife) each other and they also love God. They are happy and friendly without any hang ups at all (so far).
So when I hear somebody blaming everyone else for their problems I think...well...you know clearly what i think, thats why you are angry.
So Bukko, if you cant as a parent reach out to your kids better than some school teacher/indoctrinator they dont even have a relationship with (did they have a better relationship with the teacher than you?) then let that be a reflection.

My family is not destroyed, as I sit here and type this I thank God for my family.
You cant teach the truth if you dont know it and clearly your anger and hate shows you dont.
Patronising me is pittyful when you are the one in pain and you clearly are.
Why dont you get smarter instead of angrier. Probably to late isnt it.

I dont need a nose job, sometimes though I think people need a little sense slapped in to them. As a Christian I cant do that sadly cos its wrong.
Steve I am not angry, my kids were never compromised by religious nutters, that teacher was a nutter no question. But you allowed it by not explaining the truth, by not teaching your kids what is right and wrong, by letting somebody else do it first. By not finding the truth and helping your own kids.
Blame yourself, dont let it happen again.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Sorry, I can't let you get away with such a sanctimonious comment before. I had a look at some of your other posts and here i a quote from one of them "Modern day education is nothing more than state controlled brain washing. The government owns your kids and teaches your kids and instills fears and belief in to them."

You were very correct in this first part. Our education ystem lets these illiterate, ignorant type of housewife to come into the schools once a week to help cure their boredom and to let them AS YOU HAVE SAID ------- BRAINWASH our kids. After the episode with my daughter, I DID take steps that my daughter was NOT to have ANY CONTACT with THIS SORT OF BRAINWASHING

and then you typed

"The only thing that sets humanity free is Jesus. Christians live in this world with an eye on the promise of the New Kingdom under Christ. "

You see, you have shown here that you are willing to BRAINWASH others with nothing more than an unprovable dogma.

My final suggestion to you. Go get a pencil sharpener and use it on your own nose or lend it to some of your scripture teacher colleagues, so that it is nice and sharp for the next time you or they want to stick it into the happy family relationships that exist .

OK Now I can let it go. Nope, I'm not going to bite again if you reply a I have the most fantastic relationship with both of my daughters and all 3 of my sons and naturally, with my beautiful second wife.

Good onya, lets hope you are smart enough now not to let it happen again.

Strangely your advice doesnt seem to valuable to me somehow

My final piece of advice, stop acting like a child and be a man. Teach your kids values and dont leave it to other people. You will get what you deserve if you do.
Toughen up sonshine. Big talk is piss in the wind to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

And let's not forget all the "sexual terrorists" in the Catholic Church. Pedophiles and rapist ..

It's amazing how people focus in on the Catholic church for this when the fact is that the Protestants have just as much of a problem with it and the public schools in the US have an even bigger problem. But hitting the Catholic church up and forgetting about the rest is more fun .. isn't it?

Just show some evidence of Protestant inspired wars. The Catholics are the warmongers from my vantage point. Its not about fun its about evidence.
So far in reference to paedophilia, Protestant and Muslim faiths dont cover up the crimes, the Catholics support it by denial.
The Pope denies it and wont prosecute his clergy, that is sick and demented.
I know lets not hold the church accountable and let them do what they want.

FALSE ARGUEMENT...----^
The protestant churches committed one third of the residential schools in Canada, the catholics were two thirds
The protestant churches tried to coverup taking Tax dollars to commit genocide on native children just the same as the catholic churches did
Our PM Harper recently admitted an apology stateing this

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by borntowatch

Just show some evidence of Protestant inspired wars. The Catholics are the warmongers from my vantage point. Its not about fun its about evidence.
So far in reference to paedophilia, Protestant and Muslim faiths dont cover up the crimes, the Catholics support it by denial.
The Pope denies it and wont prosecute his clergy, that is sick and demented.
I know lets not hold the church accountable and let them do what they want.

FALSE ARGUEMENT...----^
The protestant churches committed one third of the residential schools in Canada, the catholics were two thirds
The protestant churches tried to coverup taking Tax dollars to commit genocide on native children just the same as the catholic churches did
Our PM Harper recently admitted an apology stateing this

Its not a false argument at all, in fact I dont understand what you are arguing.
If you are talking paedophilia then clearly it has been outed and is being dealt with in Canada. The Papacy still deny paedophilia as an issue and wont prosecute the Priests caught or defrock them.

What denomination of Protestant church is accused and was it government controlled, there could be many issues worth considering. Why should a politician apologise for a church and why is the church not held accountable. Why didnt the church apologise? The church has to be held accountable by those in it and the state appointed authoritys.

The Protestant church for the most part have not inspired wars, I am not denying they are corrupt and some aspects are evil. The Dutch reformed church was responsible for apartheid though technically it was not a war and technically the Bible states as does Christ, all men are equal.

A big issue is Priests are not allowed to get married, thats not normal and causes problems.
edit on 8-6-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Jesus says:

Of course it is, when it's read literally.

That all changes once you realize that Christ is an energy, the Divine Spark, that resides inside of you, not some Jewish Rabbi.

You cannot love anyone until you first love yourself. This is not an easy task. All of your "egos", those false identities that are not really "you" have to be defeated, eliminated, killed, on the "cross". These have to be "dissolved" in the "Lake of Fire". It is a violent process, and extremely painful. Whoever said "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" knew what they were talking about.

The entire Bible is written this way. It's one big parable/metaphor/allegory and was never intended to be taken at face value. The initiates who know what it means call the literal reading "profane" for good reason.... just as you have pointed out.
edit on 8-6-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Religions, ALL of them, are written by MAN, inspired by MAN, edited by MAN, and peddled by MAN and believed by FOOLS. Fools who refuse to study their religions origins and question their religious texts.

Of all things around us, religion is the LEAST of that which originates from a divine higher power or "god".

And there is a statement of truth if I ever heard one. Religion, most especially the Organized, Corporate kind, is a part of the Military Industrial Complex, and are in the business of war, and war material. Now you say fools do not research their book and origins, but I do happen to know Muslims memorize their book. In America, the origins of Christianity and the Bible are being examined under a microscope for truth, and very little has been found.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The protestant churches committed genocide ( sexual abuse was rampant right up to murder) just like the catholics and tried to cover it up,
the legal repercussions eventually got the better of them
Harper apologized for the governments roll in this...not the churchs', thats not his departement

Hidden from History the Canadian holocaust

canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org...
enjoy

edit on 8-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
So, if all these religions are violent, or have violent histories, shouldn't they be abolished? Arent they terrorist in nature?
A threat to global peace and security.

Ban all religion!?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: cause I can't spell

Soon.
It is bound to happen. There is a thread about Banning religion here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/8/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
List of war deities

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Military History Timelines
militaryhistory.about.com...
You do realize people will find a reason to fight regardless,

Ancient World to 1000 Military History Timeline
to 1000

militaryhistory.about.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It couldn't be that your 6 year old didn't understand what the teacher was saying? 6 year old's are notorious for misinterpreting the deeper meaning of basic Bible principles. I'm sure threatening some housewife taught your 6 year old a valuable lesson in love and kindness. .... The Bible says that kids are to honor their father and mother. Your anger and actions, if they really happened, seems rather bizarre.

I just saw where you said this happened 24 years ago. I hope you have mellowed a little since then, although your posts suggest that you haven't. Either way I'm glad there was no lasting harm to your kids.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think Ghandi said it best:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Christ himself said he would deny many who would falsely claim to be his followers.

(Matthew 7:21-23) 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.
Bolded by me for emphasis.

Christendom has a horrible record and is justly condemned for it's failures.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
So, if all these religions are violent, or have violent histories, shouldn't they be abolished? Arent they terrorist in nature?
A threat to global peace and security.

Ban all religion!?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: cause I can't spell

human beings will simply find another excuse to murder each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join