It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity the Religion of Peace! I don't think so???;

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And let's not forget all the "sexual terrorists" in the Catholic Church. Pedophiles and rapist are sure not spreading "love" the way "God" would want them to, I assume...
Or maybe they think they are spreading some kind of "Christian Love" ?? Who knows

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My contention (simplistic as it is) on this point would be:

- Islamists who commit acts of terror do so with the full sanction and blessing of their holy text.

- Christians who commit acts of terror (and it can certainly be argued that these people are not Christians at all) do so not only without the blessing of their holy text, but in direct conflict with it.

This isn't to suggest that the Bible is without violence. As a Christian, and one who would consider themselves to be extremely well read in Scripture, I'm well aware of the violence contained in the Bible. However, that violence always fall into one of two categories, in my opinion:

1) an example of man's inhumanity to man - which is abhorrent to God
2) judgement sanctioned by God - which God, being both just and justified, permits for whatever reason. Often these reasons are shared with mankind, sometimes those reasons are not.

Examples of number 1 abound in both Old and New testaments, not to mention history both recent and ancient.

Examples of number 2 are limited; and generally refer (though not exclusively) to Hebrew settlement of the Promised Land, and subsequent conflicts (due to Israel's inability to fulfill God's command regarding that conquest).

I won't defend the Israelite conquest of the Promised Land in this thread - though relevant... suffice to say that the Bible does give explicit and just reasons for what occurs (in short, that the peoples populating those lands were the offspring of fallen angels and men, c.f Genesis 6:4 and subsequent genealogies etc.).

As far as the New Testament is concerned: nowhere are Christians sanctioned in such conflicts. Examples such as the conflict in Northern Ireland are valid historical examples of Christian violence; however, they would fall into category 1 (man's inhumanity to man), and are not Biblically excusable or justified. The Crusades are another example of this. Though politically justified IMO, they were not Biblically or spiritually justified. The Church was wrong to have any involvement in the crusades. Though, with that said, the Church at that time had also taken on a political/religious role (similar to the role that Islam plays in Islamic society, where religion and state are essentially one and the same function), which again is something that the Bible does not sanction (and something that I personally believe violates many principles expressed in Scripture).

Hopefully that all makes sense.
I'm happy to address any questions, queries or criticisms of my view

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by borntowatch

It's interesting to me that you didn't quote anything from the New Testament to show that Christianity is violent—just examples from history; where it could even be argued that those people weren't following Christian teaching and/or hijacked Christianity for political reasons.

Its interesting you cant show anything at all either.
Wonder what that means. You got nothing? There is nothing?? There is only human greed and desire???

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

It's interesting to me that you didn't quote anything from the New Testament to show that Christianity is violent—just examples from history; where it could even be argued that those people weren't following Christian teaching and/or hijacked Christianity for political reasons.

Where do you see Jesus calling on His disciples to take the world by violence? Never. Why would God need to do that when it's blatantly obvious to even the most ardent atheist that the lands of Christemdom were thousands of times more blessed by the True God than those who live in desert conditions and force people to convert at the threat of beheading? God made it so obvious to all the world, yet the descendants of once faithful Christian grandparents are creating a land that is seeing His blessings being removed. As the love of sin has been indoctrinated into these last 2-3 generations, they cannot recognise the very source of the problems coming onto themselves! Their sins and their disobedience to the very God of their forefathers. Despite seeing prisons bursting at the seams, drug addicts galore, teenagers committing suicide in record numbers, a million plus babies a year being slaughtered, numerous methadone clinics in every city, neighbourhoods that are no go zones, the threat of tyranny on our doorsteps - many in the last two generations REFUSE to admit that declining morality is the leading cause, that somehow they have accepted evil as "good". And because they are so caught up in the lies of fantasy land, the love of truth has been removed from many hearts. They applaud every wicked behaviour that is leading them to their very demise whilst rejecting the words of the very Saviour who died as "violent". Can you not see how people choose their own fate? If you want to believe the lies that Almighty God is violent, He'll let you choose to do so. Which comes back to my first statement - God has no need to ask His disciples to spread the gospel of the Kingdom of God by violence. Why would He when it's eternal Salvation that He offers? A disciples job is to spread the message of repentance and salvation - knowing and trusting in God that it will reach those whom He calls. Those who reject the gospel message are those who hearts are hardened by sin so that they will refuse to love the truth. The youth today look to aliens as their 'creator' yet call the true Creator evil - the biggest sign of the love of lies that we have seen to date. If only they knew the destruction and devastation ahead of them because they couldn't care less than to get on their knees in prayer to ask God to help them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
And let's not forget all the "sexual terrorists" in the Catholic Church. Pedophiles and rapist ..

It's amazing how people focus in on the Catholic church for this when the fact is that the Protestants have just as much of a problem with it and the public schools in the US have an even bigger problem. But hitting the Catholic church up and forgetting about the rest is more fun .. isn't it?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So, if all these religions are violent, or have violent histories, shouldn't they be abolished? Arent they terrorist in nature?
A threat to global peace and security.

Ban all religion!?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: cause I can't spell

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ban all religions that sanction physical corporal punishment under the law of God
Religion is spiritual by nature and therefore only the creator can dispense punishments against his law

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Jesus says:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

(Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Evidently you have no understanding of what this passage means so I will enlighten you. The passage of setting the family against one another refers to when the false Christ , the Antichrist pretending to be Jesus comes . Most Christians will follow him not knowing he is the Antichrist because they never studied the bible and just listened to the corrt churches of men. Anyway the passage refers to a parent or brother or sister delivering a family member or friend uptown the Antichrist thinking they are doing the person a favor introducing them to Christ when that person all along knew that he was the Antichrist.

As far as loving God the father more than your biological parents you absolutely should because in the afterlife god will be your father and everyone else will be as angels who just know one another.

Finally if you are willing to die for Christ then you will obtain eternal life and of you try to save your life here on earth by denying Christ you will not obtain eternal life with Christ .simple.

This is messed up, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Evidently you have no understanding of what this passage means so I will enlighten you. The passage of setting the family against one another refers to when the false Christ , the Antichrist pretending to be Jesus comes . Most Christians will follow him not knowing he is the Antichrist because they never studied the bible and just listened to the corrt churches of men. Anyway the passage refers to a parent or brother or sister delivering a family member or friend uptown the Antichrist thinking they are doing the person a favor introducing them to Christ when that person all along knew that he was the Antichrist.

As far as loving God the father more than your biological parents you absolutely should because in the afterlife god will be your father and everyone else will be as angels who just know one another.

Finally if you are willing to die for Christ then you will obtain eternal life and of you try to save your life here on earth by denying Christ you will not obtain eternal life with Christ .simple.

My bad on the above post I mistakenly mixed it in with your post , sorry for that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
So, if all these religions are violent, or have violent histories, shouldn't they be abolished? Arent they terrorist in nature?
A threat to global peace and security.

Ban all religion!?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: cause I can't spell

Based on banning stupid violent things the first to go would be atheism
Pol Pot
Stalin
Mao
The Indian wars (caused by the belief of evolution, American Indians were sub human)
Hitler(caused by the belief of evolution, Jews were sub human)
Australian Aboriginal war (caused by the belief of evolution, Australian Aboriginals were sub human)
Atheism and or the belief in humanity's irrelevance has caused more deaths than all the religious wars put together.

Ban atheism as the most violent disgusting religion on earth.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by samsamm9
And let's not forget all the "sexual terrorists" in the Catholic Church. Pedophiles and rapist ..

It's amazing how people focus in on the Catholic church for this when the fact is that the Protestants have just as much of a problem with it and the public schools in the US have an even bigger problem. But hitting the Catholic church up and forgetting about the rest is more fun .. isn't it?

Just show some evidence of Protestant inspired wars. The Catholics are the warmongers from my vantage point. Its not about fun its about evidence.
So far in reference to paedophilia, Protestant and Muslim faiths dont cover up the crimes, the Catholics support it by denial.
The Pope denies it and wont prosecute his clergy, that is sick and demented.
I know lets not hold the church accountable and let them do what they want.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"God" is viewed to most as a omnipotent human being ( or beings depending on religion) consisting of the holy spirit, or the universal structure of spirituality in which we all live. An agnostic is someone who is undecided about the existence of a deity or deities. Humans have 1.evolved into a capable omnipotent being or 2. spliced with another omnipotent universal being. We all contain a special mechanism called the penal gland or third eye capable of controlling reality in omnipotent fantasy, and which all religions are linked to, "The holy spirit". Every religion has one thing in common, and that is the path our savior took. Religions are just a variable. "The path" is the most jealously guarded secrets in human history. "The path of enlightenment" And the fastest way to enlightenment is hallucinogens. Go figure. This is really a case of which came first the chicken or the egg. When in reality, man may misconstrued facts about himself in order to gain a higher status for his own benefit. The truth is the human mind has secrets locked within, and some may take to preaching for profit to mislead people to keep their bank account growing. When in reality we all should be expanding our conscience with hallucinogens and stimulating what is most important to the survival of our species. The spiritual awakening in which we are all capable of. So hard, yet simple for someone that is willing to first believe in, search for and complete the awakening of the "spiritual genius"... We have to question the bible. So many prophecies are coming alive today in revelations, and people want to know how a book written and translated by so many different people over the years is coming to life right before our very eyes. The only thing we can hope for now is that someone takes and fully completes the path of "Self Realization" saves the world and humanity from destroying itself.....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Christ himself said, "A new commandment I give unto you. Love each other as you love yourself."

Anyone that proclaims they are a Christian but does not follow this is not a real Christian.

Christ also said, "Turn the other cheek" and multiple, multiple times said, "Judge ye not, least ye be judged".

That's good enough for me.

Christianity like all major religions has been corrupted on purpose.

This was a major conspiracy - research, check your history.

The crusades, and all the other garbage that followed was not what Yeshua (Jesus's real name) preached.

The only time he showed anger was towards the money changers.

All this from a non Christian for 50 of my 59 years.

Do the research.

All the torture and murdering in the many names of God were not really for God, they were committed by and for greedy, power hungry men.

Check out L. A. Marzulli's videos and books.

Yeshua preached love and tolerance..........................anyone deviating from that is not a real Christian in my book, or not of what they now call Christ mind.

Do unto others exactly as you would have them do unto you.........................if EVERYONE followed that one simple rule, our planet could be paradise.

Peace and safe journey to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Thank you,! you have it right.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Please show me where Christianity claims that it is the "religion of peace".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Really the problem is FALSE sprituality allows for manipulation
Other institutions not just religion..though that is convienient, get used too...
There are also national and financial and other groups that have been also used

Religions are an easy one
races are an easy one...
sexes, age groups, linguistic groups, political groups, etc all easy to manipulate

Hitler said it:
"Think with your blood!"
edit on 7-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

no, ignorant thought such as you have displayed in your opinion is my opinion to be the REAL AND BIGGEST THREAT OF ALL.
nuff said!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The Roman Catholic Church is not true Christianity.

www.insightsofgod.com...

The Roman Catholic church is the only
religious institution in the world to have introduced
worship by means of the cup (v. 4). This
represents the impurities of its prostitution.[color=palevioletred] Indeed,
the Roman Catholic church has profaned
the word of God by adding things which have no
part in it (censers, candles, rosaries, idols, holy
water, ashes, the cult of the dead...) (Revelation
22 : 18), and cut off what is beneficial (1 Corinthians
12 : 4-11 ; Ephesians 4 : 11).
Furthermore, Catholic dignitaries cover their
heads during prayer, which is contrary to 1
Corinthians 11 : 4. The cult of the dead is forbidden
by God, and by practising it one entersdirectly into rebellion. Requiem masses can in no
way save a soul (Mark 12 : 27, Psalms 49 : 7-9).
These revelations may be amazing, as was
the case for the Apostle John (Revelation 17 : 6),
because many believe that this universal church
can save souls, while in fact it is under God’s
judgement ! That is why it is high time to come out
of its midst and to earnestly seek after salvation !(2 Corinthians 6 : 17-18).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

As you recall from our last chapter, immediately after Jesus' return and our Rapture and Resurrection to be with Him, the Church, His born-again children, will join the Lord in that wonderful Wedding Supper of the Lamb in Heaven, while the wicked will be suffering the Wrath of God on Earth, where they will finally gather together under their Satanic, Devil-possessed, Antichrist leader to actually attempt to war against Jesus Christ Himself and His resurrected Heavenly forces in the horrific Battle of Armageddon!

In this final great battle of Armageddon, the forces of God gain a glorious victory over the forces of Satan and destroy him, or at least defeat him, and his Antichrist Devil-man and his False Prophet and his whole kingdom! Then we, the Saints of God, along with our King Jesus Christ, will take over this World as it now is--this present World--and we will organise it and rule it and run it the way it should have been run if man had yielded to God!

The Bible says that this amazing period will last for one thousand years and therefore it is known to Bible Prophecy students as the Millennium, which is Latin for a thousand years. The Scriptures are just full of descriptions of this beautiful Millennial period, and in fact, more is said about it than about the First Coming of Christ!--It says more about the Second Coming of Christ and His rule and reign on the Earth as its King, its Messiah, than it does even about the First Coming!

--Because this is the purpose of it all! This is the marvellous Happy Ending of it all! Therefore God's Word gives us a very literal, exact description of what it's going to be like under the marvellous rule and personal visible reign of Christ here on Earth, and, as you'll see, it's going to be absolutely wonderful!

Armageddon survivors!
We learned in our last chapter that when Jesus returns to earth for the Battle of Armageddon, there's going to be a great slaughter and a great destruction, according to God's Word.--Nevertheless some are going to live through it!--There will be survivors! And during the Millennium, it is these survivors whom we are going to rule and reign over and teach and train, to show how the World should have been run and to be an example to the Universe of what kind of government man could have had if he had only obeyed the Lord.

deeptruths.com...

first the EArth and then the universe!
Muahahahahahahahaha!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EfficientP
The Roman Catholic Church is not true Christianity.

Ok.
Can you please then point me to the right direction.... what is true Christianity ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join