It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see what I see? Creepy (Picture)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I took this photo earlier today thinking it would be funny to post on face book
with the caption "Knotty Tree"
Take a second to look at it before you scroll down...

So did you see it?

The freaky thing is I have face recognition on my camera and it selected that area for a split second before I took the picture.

Here it is enlarged...

My wife says it's a ghost, So I decided to put it in the paranormal section.
I don't know what it is, but I tried to recreate the picture and the face is being made by the leaves and branches of the trees behind it, but the wind was blowing so I couldn't get something even remotely close to it.

What do you guys think it is?
A coincidence? A ghost?
I know they say you can see faces in everything if you try hard enough, but the camera caught this one! Not me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Light and shadows on leaves on a tree. I think I will have nightmares about haunted face trees. Sorry but this seems to me making something out of nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Light and shadows on leaves on a tree. I think I will have nightmares about haunted face trees. Sorry but this seems to me making something out of nothing.

So you think it doesn't resemble a face at all?
You don't even have to struggle to see it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why did you take a picture of that tree....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
en.wikipedia.org...

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

I'm not the one who noticed it,
The face recognition did while I was taking the picture.
It highlighted that spot just like I did in the second picture, except it was a square.
So that really doesn't apply here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Read the OP, I answer that with the first sentence.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Yes I can see a face. My wife says she see a vagina with legs spread from the tree trunk and the knott.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Yes I can see a face. My wife says she see a vagina with legs spread from the tree trunk and the knott.

That's where I get "knotty Tree" Knotty = naughty. lol

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Read the OP, I answer that with the first sentence.

Oh... Guess i should read more... I can make more out of the tree than what is circled....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I saw it right away. I do agree it is just a trick of light, but it's a good one really.. Any other time of day it would not have appeared there I would bet, given different lighting conditions.

And it beats a rock on mars!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
I saw it right away. I do agree it is just a trick of light, but it's a good one really.. Any other time of day it would not have appeared there I would bet, given different lighting conditions.

It was windy and the leaves were blowing. I took ten pictures after that and nothing even close to this came out.
So when does something cross the line into paranormal?
Is it not possible? I think it is.
edit on 7-6-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

It was windy and the leaves were blowing. I took ten pictures after that and nothing even close to this came out.

I think I would find it more impressive if the ten pictures afterward looked exactly like the first one. However, I agree that anything is possible. I also would like to think if I were a ghost that I could find a better and more useful means of communication than making my face appear in a tree for a split second.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

I think I would find it more impressive if the ten pictures afterward looked exactly like the first one. However, I agree that anything is possible. I also would like to think if I were a ghost that I could find a better and more useful means of communication than making my face appear in a tree for a split second.

IMO If it showed up in more than one picture it would have been just a coincedence that the position of the branches and leaves made that shape. To each his own though.

Plus I thought if you could recreate something then its debunked?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

IMO If it showed up in more than one picture it would have been just a coincedence that the position of the branches and leaves made that shape. To each his own though.

For me, I would say that depends on the situation. If it was a really windy day and the leaves were constantly blowing, I would find it very odd that a face appeared in multiple pictures. And if you were holding the camera by hand and not with a tripod, I would find it even more weird that a face appeared in the same spot for both pictures.
That's just me though. I'm not trying to debunk your picture or anything, just commenting as to what I think of it.

Do you believe it was paranormal? And if so, what do you think would be the reasoning behind it, if any?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

For me, I would say that depends on the situation. If it was a really windy day and the leaves were constantly blowing, I would find it very odd that a face appeared in multiple pictures. And if you were holding the camera by hand and not with a tripod, I would find it even more weird that a face appeared in the same spot for both pictures.
That's just me though. I'm not trying to debunk your picture or anything, just commenting as to what I think of it.

Do you believe it was paranormal? And if so, what do you think would be the reasoning behind it, if any?

I don't know what it is. lol
The striking resemblance to a face is too much for me to really rule paranormal out though.
It could go either way i guess.
What's the reason behind any "paranormal" picture?
IF it is a ghost, I guess we would have to ask him. Maybe a prank? lol

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Is this a troll thread? It's light and dark leaves.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I don't know what it is. lol
The striking resemblance to a face is too much for me to really rule paranormal out though.
It could go either way i guess.
What's the reason behind any "paranormal" picture?
IF it is a ghost, I guess we would have to ask him. Maybe a prank? lol

Sorry I used the wrong wording in my last post. I meant do you know of any reason why there would be a ghost in that area? Nearby graveyards, a violent history, Satanic cults, something of that sort.

Next time you see it be sure to ask its motivation though

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by GmoS719

Is this a troll thread? It's light and dark leaves.

You seriously don't see a face?
I'm not the only one who sees it so it isn't a troll thread.
Are you trolling?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Sorry I used the wrong wording in my last post. I meant do you know of any reason why there would be a ghost in that area? Nearby graveyards, a violent history, Satanic cults, something of that sort.

Next time you see it be sure to ask its motivation though

The closest graveyard is probably a mile away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join