It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight I Shall Take Two Melatonin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Then update in the morning...expect...the future...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I need twice as much as I am getting now. Could you please take four?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

how u think it will affect u

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I will take 6

See you there.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I took some last night. The good stuff, the kind that you let dissolve under your tong. Nice vivid dreams. I was just about to take some then I saw your thread pop up. So instead of taking one I am going to take 2. 6mg

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I alternate between 5htp and melatonin, very good results with either, I have had about 4 actual lucid dreams in the last couple of months doing this. (Along with many other very cool dreams in between)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Screw you guys, night time bath salts and 8 melatonin for me. See you at breakfast OM NOM NOM.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Screw you guys, night time bath salts and 8 melatonin for me. See you at breakfast OM NOM NOM.

Your mouth will look like you avatar, full of blood from eating someones face...........

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
A good way to facilitate dreams is by waking up early, only sleeping for 4 or 5 hours, then waking up and going a part of your day like normal. Then take a nap in the afternoon. Instant vivid dreams.

Originally posted by Domo1

You'll wake up with that zombie feeling.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
some one i use to work with would take this to help her get a good night sleep. does it work as well as she said? do you wake up grogy or feeling out of sorts? im kinda curious cus i have been having problems sleeping after almost being crushed by a front end loader.

thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

lol. om nom nom, im crying lol

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
9000000 melatonin pills for me

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

I started using melatonin because I work midnights and have a hard time sleeping during the day, I tried Ambien but did not like the way it left me feeling. Melatonin does the trick for me. I do have some grogginess occasionally for an hour or so after I wake up.
edit on 7-6-2012 by ANOMALY502 because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'm taking a shower, does that count?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You do know that if you take it long enough your brain will stop making it and become dependent on it.
I would stop.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
... i have been having problems sleeping after almost being crushed by a front end loader.
thanks

... and Melatonin fixes that?

Talk about wonder drugs.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Tonight. We eat like KINGS o.O

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I took Ambien for a month straight to help me sleep, and that was crazy. My dreams started getting more and more vivid and realistic, to the point where I was building circuit boards in hi-def (I was taking an electronics course at the time). Then, I started getting reality and dreamland confused. I started forgetting things. It got weird. I stopped taking that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I took Ambien for a month straight to help me sleep, and that was crazy. My dreams started getting more and more vivid and realistic, to the point where I was building circuit boards in hi-def (I was taking an electronics course at the time). Then, I started getting reality and dreamland confused. I started forgetting things. It got weird. I stopped taking that.

That is weird, I found the opposite with Ambien, I didnt remember dreaming at all, it was like I would close my eyes, and open them and it was 7 hours later, like missing time. I also didnt feel rested at all on the ambien.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I've tried melatonin, diphenhydramine, doxylamine succinate and ambien. For me, ambien was by far the best as far as helping with a good night's sleep. It was like a took it, woke up 7-8 hours later with no memory of any dreams but I felt refreshed.

Doxylamine was by far the worst. It leaves you with a hangover -- a sort of groggy, sleepy, unpleasant haze that stays with you all day. You will definitely have dreams, but it's almost like it forces dreaming.

Diphenhydramine, which is the most common sleep aid (found in Tylenol PM, Advil PM, etc., and you can buy pills that are only diphenhydramine) works well for inducing dreams, but you build up a very quick tolerance and after 4-5 days it does nothing. Plus, it also has a bit of a hangover. It's not unpleasant, but you can feel sleepy until 13-14 hours after you've taken it.

As far as dreams, I haven't found any of them make me have any more lucid or unusual dreams than what I have without sleep aids at all -- except doxylamine. But those dreams usually seem stressful and/or tedious.

Dreams are fantastically interesting to me and I'd love to find something that alters my dreams in a good way. But the only thing that altered my dreams was doxylamine and, like I said, those dreams seemed forced and rather unpleasant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join