It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Genetically speaking, men are in fact more robust and durable than women..sorry just built that way.

Mentally speaking, women are good problem solvers, which makes them more shifty. Because of this they are also more likely to cause drama when none needs to exist. yet smart none the less.

Each set has their pros and cons...yet it is my opinion that women cause the most BS in life. And men are too stupid to see around it apparently.

Yea yea, male dominated blah blah blah......if you think men don't suffer like women do, your wrong. Just because we don't go through the after effects of child birth physically, doesnt mean we dont go though them mentally.

Equality is only serving if both parties are on equal ground on all aspects in life.......unfortunatly, we're not.

And the illusion of such is beyond reproach. This guilty society we have created expands not just with race but with sex also. After all sex sells....you keep a woman from defacing herself in front of a camera while being used as a blow up doll for money. And you will get less male stereotypical type of opinions. Alas we are under the veil of corporate immoral minds driving such divides.

I mean, how does one expect to be seen in a different light if they don't want to make an attempt on a large scale to draw attention to the faults of each side? It is just as screwy as the subject of race im afraid because the same principal applies. The only way you stop the nonsense is to stop talking about it. Address each other on equal grounds, then we'll get somewhere.

Awww poor Mary can't carry 65 lbs of rivits along a 6 inch beam 30 stories up with no tether fast enough, i guess she'll have to make 2 dollars less and shovel gravel on the ground.........where its safe.......and your not in danger of falling 30 stories.....

Geez some women make it out to be a bad thing.

As a man, I am expected to do the crap no one would ever ask a woman to do...doesn't mean I want to do it. And if I had to carry a kid around for 9 months to get out of it.....where do i sign up?

Now and days, its the whole " I can do anything you can do better" routine. Women should be allowed to do as they please, they are not allowed to b*tch about it when it doesnt pan out like they hoped it would.

As far as child support goes? It is a pretty unfair system......I mean....women do want to work right? And some fathers actually want their children.....but because of the vaginal attitudes on the bench...many honest men get slighted...and they still have to pay...while most women on welfare do nothing.

Wheres the equality in that? Make the guy broke and homeless.....so he can't afford to better himself to take care of his child that he is not allowed to see? makes sense to me......not.

Both sides have honest good willed people who are trying like heck to make things right and do the right thing. Its the other insects of humanity both male and female that doink it up for everybody eles.

You want equality or a close variation thereof? Start there....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Another thing that is really unfair is how the sexuality of men suppressed. It is OK for woman to be open with their sexuality and to kiss another woman but not for a man to kiss another man, otherwise he'll be criticized.

Why does society see a "real" man as being a slave to social standards instead of creative expression? Why are the "real" men, those who suppress their feelings and being un-human? Why are the "real" men, those who criticize the other men for being themselves instead of being a conformist? Why are the "real" men, those who are aggressive and controlling? Why are these evil qualities considered "good" for men?

This suppression of emotion, is bad. It can turn a man into a sociopath. There are also statistics that show that men are more likely to suicide than women, and that women live longer than men...

Then is nothing "manly" about homophobia. It is the fear or hatred or even disgust that is PROGRAMMED. How is being programmed to feel certain feelings of disgust and hatred make you a man? It just makes you a hateful and heartless person...

Men don't even feel comfortable, complimenting another man, and this discomfort interferes (to an extent) of social bonding...

Men don't even want to bend down in front of another man because it may be seen as "gay"... There is nothing gay about using your body to pick something off of the ground. This causes the lower-back to give in and ache, another way that homophobia is hurting men...

Men should be as open and free as woman, you don't need to fit no made-up social "standards" which even vary from different places and time - to be considered a man.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
All these "mens rights" people must have had horrible mothers or can't get laid. I really don't know what their problem is. If you want more funding for prostate cancer then start a campaign for it. If you want custody of your child then fight for it. If you want to have a power of abortion then grow a uterus. This is a bunch of nonsensical whining.
very well put. sometimes when you post i don't agree, but then you put something like this! thank you

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

This commercial comes to mind when you say this.

Notice anything strange about this video?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Hmm I'm not sure about that, if women were better problem solvers then men they would be the ones responsible for all the inventions and Scientific discovery on this planet.....Last time I checked the vast majority of these things were done by men.

edit on 7-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Do you know why they do that? I don't go to a gym anymore, but when I did, I could not get on certain machines without a man staring. I wore a t-shirt and shorts, nothing provocative. I don't fault men for evolution, they will notice the opposite sex, and are hardwired this way, but it can be uncomfortable for a woman. I have been almost stalked by a man at the gym. I learned early on to keep my eyes on the ground, or the machine. There are womens' gyms, but they can't compete with golds gym. I understand your frustration, I am not sure of the answer to this, but I do understand why they do this.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Well at least there's one bonus. Women can now fight and die in the military! Women have been given combat status in the military at least, so now men aren't the only ones good enough to die.

That being said everyone is going to die someday, Death isn't going to care who has more rights when he comes to collect you. Well, at least Death is a he
. Angels aren't women either so there's another one

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
You sir, are slightly scary in your obvious hate towards women.

But isn't this just typical woman responce, that if I talk about how women abuse men ... I'm suddenly a "woman hater", but if it's a woman who talks about how evil men are ... it's always "oh, poor little thing ... she's had it so rought, to imagine she'd had to meet men like that".

And you still come here and claim your an exception ... you're just a typical "all men are evil", kind of woman.

edit on 7/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well at least there's one bonus. Women can now fight and die in the military! Women have been given combat status in the military at least, so now men aren't the only ones good enough to die.

Oh give me a break, will ya ... first of all, women in the military isn't anything new. The chinese army is full of them ... so is the Israeli army.

Second, and I really hate to say this ... but you must be a cave man (alpha male), because women are getting their combat status, because through that they will be able to get to the big positions. And you can bet your sweet butt, there will be a few women generals in the army in just a few years, who never seen a fight, from the front lines, in their lives.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
At my local Gym Sunday is woman's only, this has always irritated me and I bet it irritates most men but we don't complain as much as females. If there were a mens only day or even group you can bet all the women would be protesting that its "sexist"

"Sexist" like the word "racism" now only apply to specific groups. A Man can be sexist but a woman cant, a white person can be "racist" but a black person cant

If they had places like "curves" for men, I promise you there would be some woman out there who would take them to court for not allowing them to join.

If a man wished to try out for the women's PGA he would be laughed at and shunned from the golf community.

Some schools now have male volleyball, but for those that don't, Men are not allowed to play volleyball, but it's sexist not to allow women to play football.

In my high school (in the 90's) a group of guys was suspended for wearing skirts to school. Women wear pants, why can't men wear skirts? the guys weren't gay, they wanted to show that how the schools are biased against guys. The parents of these kids supported it, and threatened a lawsuit so the kids were allowed back in school.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

i think it's ironic that you want things to be equal but you can't see you are only causing more division and seperation from that hate you have.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by artnut

lol, and women don't stare at men?

the difference is, men don't get all bent out of shape about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You are simply wrong.

I love men, especially my husband. I love the way he smells, the way when we wrestle he can throw me over his shoulder and tickle me and I can't stop him. I love how even though he is retired military, he thinks bunnies are cute. I love his deep voice. I love how if he hears something in the middle of the night when we hear a noise, before I can even ask what it is, he is up reaching for his gun, just in case. He is an awesome, responsible provider, husband, and father.

I have many more "loves" about men, tell me some of the things you love about women.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Personally, I don't like the idea of women fighting on the front lines of war (simply because of my protective nature), but does that mean I am going to keep them from that right, NO!

Equality is Equality, and women deserve the same rights as men even in battle if they so choose.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I don't get bent out of shape. I had a guy who would not leave me alone at a Golds Gym. The manager would do nothing about it. As I said, I don't know what the answer is, but I understand why they have women only days. It is not fair, and I think they should have a mens only day too.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
In the real World....

the truth between men and women, will or would be revealed...

If this system collapsed tomorrow, no grocery stores, no spa's no salons, and little house on the Prairie returned, you would see Equal rights REAL fast....

Yet since this system has orientated itself to empower women artificially, making them think they are better and stronger or equal to men, makes a dichotomous political agend created on the so called fallacies of corruption, yet it was made by man's good intent...

All these facts the op has brought up just proves once again MAN, does not understand CRAP...

edit on 7-6-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
reply to post by tw0330

I don't get bent out of shape. I had a guy who would not leave me alone at a Golds Gym. The manager would do nothing about it. As I said, I don't know what the answer is, but I understand why they have women only days. It is not fair, and I think they should have a mens only day too.

Thank you! I agree 100%

let fare be fare.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Mentally speaking, women are good problem solvers, which makes them more shifty. Because of this they are also more likely to cause drama when none needs to exist. yet smart none the less.

Cough, cough cough ....

What a load of rubbish. Men, more durable than women? where on earth did you learn this stuff????

The male body, has "explosive" muscles ... these muscles are made to provide great strength, but at less durability. The woman body, has "non explosive" muscles, that are to sustain low lever energy uses, for a longer period of time.

Wow, was this hard to understand? you should have learned this in 5th grade. Maybe the books didn't tell you this, out loud ... but if you'd pay attention to your science 101, it should be bloody obvious.

Secondly, women are better problem solvers?

Jesus H. Christ ... an a typical feminist, not a thinking bone in your body.

A woman never solve problems... it's not in her nature.

Go back to the gavemen, the woman stays at home. Takes care of the kids, makes the home ... and her job is to do a lot of small things over time. She is the king of the castle ... she decides inside the house. She makes compromises, but only for her personal gain. Because her instinctive nature, is to protect the home and her children.

The gavemen, the neanderthal ... has to go out, and he has to bringe more and more food to the table. With more and more mouths to feed. He has to wander further and further to do this, because the animals learn to stay away from the caves. So, the cavemen hunt in small packs ... they also learn to kill bigger prey. It's the male, who is facing the challenges and coming up with solutions.

I think we men should start to create a "de-feminism" hospital out there ... some guys are so feminised, they can't even see straight.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I didn't expect to see so many feminists on a site that's supposed to be about denying ignorance! They keep making silly excuses to avoid discussing the real issues... but that's feminism for you, I guess.

My favourite has to be "most people in power are men, therefore it's unreasonable to say men are being discriminated against". That's blatantly ignoring the fact that those powerful men are a tiny minority of the male population, not to mention that they didn't get where they are by virtue of having a penis!

Second favourite has to be "women have been oppressed for centuries, so now it's men's turn". That's illogical on at least 3 levels: first, it's implying that sexism can be justified in some circumstances (you might as well say sexism is totally okay, since people will always find some way to justify their own), second it's holding men responsible for alleged crimes that happened before they were even born (which, ironically, is also against feminist doctrine if you think about it, since it goes against their dogma of personal self-determination), third it's based on the assumption that said oppression actually did happen, which is arguable (traditional gender roles had their pro's and con's for both women and men, and class had more of an impact on someone's quality of life than their gender).

By the way, I'm not trying to say that discrimination against women is not real! Female genital mutilation for example is a very real and serious problem (and can't really be compared to circumcision as I've heard some do, and I'm saying this as a man who was circumcised himself).

I'm also against the characterisation of these issues as "men's rights" as opposed to "women's rights". Sexism is sexism no matter who's being affected by it. Same with violence! In my opinion the men's rights movement is doing itself a great disservice by not teaming up with legitimate (not feminist) groups that advocate for women.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And you can bet your sweet butt, there will be a few women generals in the army in just a few years, who never seen a fight, from the front lines, in their lives.

NO! Absolutely not! No one who has not seen combat should ever be allowed to be a general. They need to know what it's like to get to know their men and fight along side them so they know when they give the orders for those men to die, that it could have been them that way they are not so wreckless with people's lives. Currency in the millitary is payed with blood, sweat and tears.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join