It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I say we take voting rights back from woman....

It's not as though voting rights really do any of us any good, these days.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I just read your thread and it was hysterical. Also, a little overstimulating for me. Too many flashy things. I was not saying that the OP was a misogynist, rather that in my time on this site I have come to believe there is a very vocal, sweaty, basement dwelling, virginal, woman resenting contingent of gentlemen.

OP actually made some VERY valid points. I have been, how shall we say, cavalier (?) in my romantic exploits and looking back shudder at the thought of getting a 'sweet' young lady pregnant and getting essentially screwed (the bad kind not the causation of my woes kind). There should be a freaking legal document that both parties sign. I suppose that could ruin the moment. 'Ohhh Domo I love that thong you're wearing!' 'Rawr baby, sign this!'.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by unknOWNmirAGE

There is tipping and not in man's favor.

If a there is a situation where men have the advantage over women, and a man would say "live with it" then he would be sexist,

So if there is a situation where a woman has advantages over men, and a woman said "live with it" that would make her a what?
edit on 7-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, it's the world we live in now, and we need to find the medium for both sides. I can personally say I had a deadbeat dad a mother who played both roles, on a garbage salary as a teacher. She still got my family by regardless of her societal indifference.

On the other hand, I see the other side. My girlfriend does not know of cooking or cleaning, makes more than me, and expects me to do more than her and still pay half.

I still feel we should find a medium, but since everyone leads a different life due to different life experience and situation, it's upon the person.

In anything, it will never be even.

I know plenty of men who make less than women, so it's not always based upon sex regarding pay or treatment.

What I do know is this discussion has led to argument with my woman, so I should probably side with my sex.

Regardless, tipping has been in mans favor.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by unknOWNmirAGE

I would love to see at least one woman willing to stand for equal rights for men too, as many men did and do for women

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

My father was completely screwed by the system in favor of my mother who was greatly undeserving and terribly manipulative, simply because he is a man. My father is a beautiful man whom I adore. My mother, a cruel and selfish woman.

I stand for that which is fair regardless of sex. Sex should never be the determining factor regardless of history and ego or physical body parts and strength.

There is at least one here who is fair to that which is fair.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hard to get some of the "dangerous" jobs as a woman. Most places I'm stuck dealing with the public and the men get the other duties because the man doing the hiring won't give certain kinds of work to a woman. Can't get killed on the job if you can't get a job that'll kill you.

As for rape, it's been a wartime staple forever and in peace there's no shortage of it. Men even rape each other in prison so it seems that's something they need to handle within their gender and not an equality issue.

The custody issues I've personally witnessed were sad. I've never seen men try so hard to dodge responsibility for their own kids. They figured they could just go get their own place, start a new bachelor life and tough luck for the women and kids. Have fun with them every other weekend and use them to score sensitivity points with the new tail, but ultimately looking out for #1.
Some countries are doing well with equality and it will always take some tweaking, but globally it's still a man's world.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Why does this issue always have to end up being women posters against men posters.

I support the equal rights of women, why don't women do the same for men.

I am so glad I am married to a woman who agrees with me. Her and I understand our differences as male and female, but in no way do we think one has more rights than the other.

Because women will probably come into this thread saying how they've had to "fight" for rights forever and men are just handed them.When in reality most that will post that haven't done anything to "fight" for any kind of womens rights.Trust me,if that hasn't happened already it will

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Why does this issue always have to end up being women posters against men posters.

I am so glad I am married to a woman who agrees with me. Her and I understand our differences as male and female, but in no way do we think one has more rights than the other.

Because women will probably come into this thread saying how they've had to "fight" for rights forever and men are just handed them.When in reality most that will post that haven't done anything to "fight" for any kind of womens rights.Trust me,if that hasn't happened already it will

Yep men never have had to fight for their rights while women have never just had it handed to them.

Many women died for our rights in the revolution
in the 20's men had to protest for their right to vote (luckily non were killed)

Men have it so easy

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by torque

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with men,

I'm even sorrier that because of a handful of man, we all look bad in your eyes.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

There is not a single person that has it easy in this world. We are all tormented in one way or another.
Battles are inherited and the struggle of life is manifest within us and all about us.

None of us are depleted of anguish and misunderstandings.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I was willing to listen to your point of view until I got to this part:

Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.

"Most effective protectors"..dude, there is no force more formidable in nature then a Mother with kids. Go to a store and watch a mother walking with children. Just try and get between her and her brood.

Then watch a dad. Even my husband admits defeat in this department. He notices all the time that mothers naturally keep their children directly in sight, while fathers get distracted. It is not an insult, it is probably simply because moms are more in tune with their offspring. After all, we carried them in our wombs for nine months..they were attached to us, shared our life system.
Just tonight I was watching a guy in Target busy looking at action figures while his 3 year old was out of sight, pulling down pool chemicals.
And the 55% of mothers data is misleading. It makes it seem like moms are just sitting around, offing their kids. Most mothers would give their very lives for the children. It just sadly happens that in 55% of child murders, it happens by the mother. Since often this is a situation where the dad is nowhere to be found, that makes sense in a sad way.

I know my role, and proud of it. I stay at home and run an entire household myself. It is my domain. I cook, clean, launder, repair, mend and care for my kids. I homeschool my youngest.
My husband works two jobs and is happy with that. He gets breakfast, lunch and dinner (with dessert!)..which is ready exactly when he comes home. This is not sexist to me at all. Women are much better at running a household.

I do all the shopping and errands and have a budget. I am careful to respect his well-earned money and find that when I am careful with it, he is happy to give me needed vacations and breaks.
I have been called "brainwashed" by other women. I never figure it out. Why would I want to go back to working full-time AND running a house? When we did it that way, we would fight a lot more.
He does his man thing and I do my mom thing. Everyone is happy all around.
edit on 7-6-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Yep men never have had to fight for their rights while women have never just had it handed to them.

Many women died for our rights in the revolution
in the 20's men had to protest for their right to vote (luckily non were killed)

Men have it so easy

I'm on your side dude..trust me,their will be women coming into thread saying exactly what I just did..except in a way that makes men look bad.

ETA : See the post above me

edit on 7-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.

"Most effective protectors"..dude, there is no force more formidable in nature then a Mother with kids. Go to a store and watch a mother walking with children. Just try and get between her and her brood.

Then watch a dad. Even my husband admits defeat in this department. He notices all the time that mothers naturally keep their children directly in sight, while fathers get distracted. It is not an insult, it is probably simply because moms are more in tune with their offspring. After all, we carried them in our wombs for nine months..they were attached to us, shared our life system.
Just tonight I was watching a guy in Target busy looking at action figures while his 3 year old was out of sight, pulling down pool chemicals.
And the 55% of mothers data is misleading. It makes it seem like moms are just sitting around, offing their kids. Most mothers would give their very lives for the children. It just sadly happens that in 55% of child murders, it happens by the mother. Since often this is a situation where the dad is nowhere to be found

Keep telling yourself that there's no "formidable force in nature" than a mother with kids.PLEASE.If anyone messed with my daughter I guarentee you I'd be MORE formidable than you.And I'd do a heck of a lot more damage than you,too.Please,if you husband isnt watching his kids than well guess what? He's not a very good father.No offense.And I don't buy your Target story.How do you know the 3 year old was his if he was out of sight? Were you stalking them? Nice try.
edit on 7-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

And the 55% of mothers data is misleading. It makes it seem like moms are just sitting around, offing their kids. Most mothers would give their very lives for the children. It just sadly happens that in 55% of child murders, it happens by the mother. Since often this is a situation where the dad is nowhere to be found

Once again, I am sorry for your bad experiences with men, the few are used by women to make the rest of us look bad.

Thanks for believing in equality, you are so not sexist.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
Unfortunately, it's the world we live in now, and we need to find the medium for both sides. I can personally say I had a deadbeat dad a mother who played both roles, on a garbage salary as a teacher. She still got my family by regardless of her societal indifference.

As far as the deadbeat dad stereotype is concerned, it is true that a lot of men genuinely are assholes. My father was, at least while I was living with him. I feel a lot less resentment towards Dad than I used to, but forgiven doesn't entirely mean forgotten.

Dad did me a favour though, because if it wasn't for him, I probably would have become a misogynist myself as well. He demonstrated to me that having men in charge of society ultimately wouldn't be any better than having women running the place.

On the other hand, I see the other side. My girlfriend does not know of cooking or cleaning, makes more than me, and expects me to do more than her and still pay half.

The cause of this sort of thinking, is that a lot of people these days view a relationship in the same way they do a job; as in, if you can't live up to their expectations, they'll simply do the equivalent of firing you, and get someone who can. My ex-girlfriend was economically vampiric, and that had a lot to do with what caused the end of the relationship, although it wasn't the entirety of it.
edit on 7-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ok, I will just flat out say it.

If you feel that men should not get the same chances and legal and ethical rights as women than that makes you sexist. So yes many of those opposed to my post is sexist themselves, but since society feels sexism is against men and not women, the don't see it.

Just as the men of the early 20th century didn't see that they were being sexist.

Pot calling kettle black - so to speak.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread848464/pg4#pid14279895]post by

Some of us still have to fight it every day. I can vote and drive, sure. I can get at least close to equal pay in most csses, and am ok with that. But in everyday dealings it's still constant. Men talking to my boyfriend instead of me, assuming I'm naturally incompetent about certain subject matter by virtue of being female, not being taken seriosly about something but then a man repeating the same info/idea gets listened to. A hundred small things every day that underscore the gender difference.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by torque

Actually when I sold cars, I knew who to talk to, and it wasn't the man. Even if it was for him to drive, the woman would always be the one I had to sell to.

Now when I am out with my wife, and we are in a situation where the person is a woman, they always talk to my wife, and instinctively talk down to guys. so yeah it goes both ways. and in todays world their are more women than men who deal with customers.

I will admit you do still fight for certain rights. yes.

But men have certain rights we need to fight for too,

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Never said all men look bad in my eyes. I love men. They're funny, resourceful and a lot of fun. Same can be said about women. But there are exceptions to that and those are the stumbling blocks to us all.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Note: I am not saying women still don't struggle in many areas and they have 100% equality in those areas.

But if you are going to fight for equal rights there, why not also fight for the men that have less rights in the other areas.

Fare is fare.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join