This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Women should just do what men tell them to do, its worked out fine for the past few thousand years, why change a system that men are obviously happy with?

/Sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Most men want genuine equality for both men and women. They want women to enjoy the same freedoms and rights as men, but also own the same responsibilities that come with true equality.
edit on 18/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by nenothtu

You are right. I find that you have said something very close to what My Girl said to me...but then I reminded her that I had to throw her over my shoulder and run down the cellar with her kicking and screaming! LOL!

It's the jouncing that does it. That's what causes the kicking and screaming. I've found that they don't like being jounced against your shoulder when you toss 'em over one and start running. If you've got them by the legs, they can't kick as hard, and if by the neck they can't scream as loud. It's a trade-off, but I'd rather be screamed at than kicked, so I grab 'em by the legs instead of the neck!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Women should just do what men tell them to do, its worked out fine for the past few thousand years, why change a system that men are obviously happy with?

/Sarcasm.

Where's the fun or the challenge in that? Men LOVE a challenge!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

/Sarcasm.

It would seem from the majority of male attitudes on this thread that they hate challenge!

"Women should stay at home with the kids, let the man go out and do his thing and then be all over him for being a man when he returns home"

I say if you want to have your cake and eat it, move to saudi arabia!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Again, TY for your thoughtful response. I couldn't agree more that growing up and working in a family business is an invaluable life experience that shapes one's life, in my case, and it sounds like yours also, for the "better". It's funny when I reflect on what I learned and put it in context, concerning the differences I observed between Men and Women. I would like to make two points here, the first about child development and the second point about how the Men and Women worked together in my family.

As I mentioned my Mom's brain child was an Educational Toy Store, and she was a pioneer in this area, her and her partner, a highly educated man with a master's degree in engineering, opened the buisness in the early 70's. I started "working" there at age 8...and learned a lot about child development, different stages of development, and what kind of toys "stimulus" was approriate at different ages to provide mental stimulation as well as development of large and small moter skills...learned alot about children's books, and we had many teacher's and schools as customers.

Now here's the interesting thing, at first, my Mom, who had 2 daughter's, no son's, had a "vision" of toys not being "gender" specific....we did not sell any War Toys, or Barbie's, basically, if it was on TV, we didn't carry it, lol, she even banned TV for over a year in our house until my Dad, Sister and I "wore" her down and she let us have back the TV. ....BUT, it didn't really work on many levels...and she will be the first to admit it now, especially after our family was blessed with my Nephew, who's ALL Boy!

The store had a large play area for the kids to play, and pretty much samples of most toys available to touch, very kid friendly, and there was just no denying that boys and girls were "attracted" to different types of toys, LOL, the dolls for boys were a big "loser", although boys did seem to enjoy stuffed animals, especially if associated with a character in a book. Many teacher's that became friends as well as customers, consistenly said boys and girls learn differently, and one of thier challenges was to accomodate both sexes 'needs". The fact that so many little boys are being "sedated" to cope with school tells me that thier needs are not being met, as well as little girls. If I had been blessed with a son, I would say "HELL NO" to ever drugging him so he would be "good" in school...very complicated and sad issue.

I think when it was COMPLETELY clear to our family, that "nature was stronger then nuture" was when my Nephew, 2nd child in our family, I had a wonderful daughter 1st, was soo much different, both kids were exposed to educational toys, very censored media and music, all the politically correct "stuff"....when he was 4 he picked up a bannana and became a "Warrior"...it blew our minds, as far as I know he had never been exsposed to any "violent" images. He could look at any Lego set and basically build whatever was on the box within hours, it was amazing. My daughter and niece, both very smart talented kids, had little interest in Lego's, and we all laughed, and it was just obvious, little boys are different and "special"...and the whole we're all "equal" concept had to be reconsidered.

Sorry, this post is so long...lol...didn't even get to second point yet...lol...but I'm a girl, we talk a lot...and I'm cool with that....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It would seem from the majority of male attitudes on this thread that they hate challenge!

I'm guessing it's more fear than hate, but that's just a guess - I can't see what they'd have to either hate or fear if they had any self-confidence!

"Women should stay at home with the kids, let the man go out and do his thing and then be all over him for being a man when he returns home"

Who want's to come home from a hard day at work - or the pool hall - and have a grouchy woman whose been chasing kids all day - and tearing out her hair because of that - commence to clawing at him? Really, I can't imagine what they're thinking, but they do seem to be demonstrating a certain lack of experience and understanding in the matter!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok, will try and wrap this up...My Nephew just graduated High School with honors, was his class speaker, is off in Costa Rico on an adventure, and will start UCLA in fall...yeah...we're very proud of him.....his sister and cousin, and all of us support him, and I am soo proud of my sister and her husband for rejecting the "nonscence" and standing up for thier son...if any teacher "suggesting" he needed to be "controlled" , they just got completely very involved, especially my sister, as my brother in law worked very hard to allow his wife to raise thier children, and they did Great....♥

The last point is how every member of our family contributed to the success of this buisness, we all had our strengths, and it worked. Basically the Men, did the "heavy lifting" and handled book keeping matters, us Women/ girls handled the buying, merchandising, customer service, and yeah, I gotta say it "heart" of the environment, but it could have never happened without Men...and thier "faith" in the LOVE and cooperation that makes the world go round.....

Darn it, this thread is making me cry again, it's a "chick thing".....and I really wish everything good for all of us, especially kids, animals and the Earth ....oh geez...soo corny...I know.....♫

edit on 18-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I do not view woman as needing to be comforted by a man. To do so is to place a woman into a lower place than a man, and I am not going to do that.

I don't NEED to be fed by a woman, either. I can cook for myself - but it sure is nice not having to eat my own cooking every so often!

It's not a matter of "needs", it's a matter of relative strengths and relative weaknesses, and being able to pull together in the same direction. You help one another along, and use your own strengths to augment the other as useful.

I agree, but nothing in that is reliant on gender, as SplitInfinity is suggesting. To say that women require comfort from men strictly because they are women is to place them into a false hierarchy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Oh my goodness, to say Men and Women don't need "comfort" from one another is very sad to me...of course we need and want each other....and if your gay, same things apply to your preferences....Perhaps my "desires" are not "logical"....but that's why "Spock" was such an interesting character, I was always so "touched" when he felt emotion, LOL, and Data melted me too......

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

"Feminism", by it's very title, is a sexist ideology. The very title is evocative of inequal promotion of one gender over the other. I, for one, am not about surrender to hostile ideologies. I'm not a "masculinist", so why would I EVER surrender to feminism?

If you delve just below the title, which was chosen by men and embraced by women, you can see that it is not an ideology of sexism. First Waver didn't call themselves Feminists, they called themselves Suffragettes. They were labeled Feminists to label their movement as something along the lines of what you are thinking.

There are biological facts of life, forces of nature, unavoidable and uncontrollable, that dictate the suitability of one gender

Sex, not gender. Sex is biological in humans, gender is a social construct, but continue.

in preference to the other in certain tasks and areas. Does it mean one CAN'T do what the other does? In most cases, of course not - it just means they are better SUITED to different arenas. Life is better when you do what you do best, and partner up with someone else who can supplement your weak areas.

Because of gender training, it is hard to dictate what one sex is better at than others if we are conditioned from birth to believe that men are one way and women are another. People come in all shapes and sizes, is it not more correct to state that certain body types are more suited for different arenas, as there isn't any known physiological differences int he ways men's and women's brains work to suggest any type of mental acuity is sex related?

That's sort of the whole idea behind partnering or teaming up. If feminist wants to do it all on her own, more power to her. I wouldn't want to be teamed with her anyhow.

Feminists aren't against partnering up, however you will find that Feminist tend to want to be partnered with men who are also feminists, it just makes for a better relationship when both members see men and women as equals.

Women need to be wanted, and men want to be needed. If she doesn't need me, I don't want her.

I would venture to say that..

Some people need to be wanted and some people want to be needed.

I think that is more accurate.

However, your opinion of what you want in a woman is certainly valid.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by Furbs

Oh my goodness, to say Men and Women don't need "comfort" from one another is very sad to me...of course we need and want each other....and if your gay, same things apply to your preferences....Perhaps my "desires" are not "logical"....but that's why "Spock" was such an interesting character, I was always so "touched" when he felt emotion, LOL, and Data melted me too......

I didn't say men and women don't need comfort from one another. I am saying women do not need comfort from men just because they are women. They need comfort because they are human beings.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Unless a person is Gay or Bi-Sexual....which I have no problem with by the way....A Hetero Male or Female NEEDS the touch and love of their other half. It took me YEARS to come to terms with this as my MASSIVE EGO would not allow me to admit I had a WEAKNESS.

Issues of being lonely were compounded by my ability to be able to have Sex with any woman I chose and there were actual lines after shows. I would come off stage having lost 6 lbs of weight and being so hungry and tired that I would have a hard time feeding myself. This is when I decided to bulk up from a 6 ft. 1 inch 167 LBS Man to a bit over 200 lbs but all muscle. But when a was only 167 LBS...and after a show when my Blood Sugar was low...and I felt like a person who is never alone but always lonely....I had to take a HARD LOOK AT MYSELF.

I confessed to my self that I NEEDED A WOMAN who was a lot like me...and given my need for mental stimulation....I knew that this was not going to be an easy search. I also knew that it would be hard to find a Woman who would understand without being allowed to know the details of WHY she could not come on certain overseas Gigs and how important it was that our relationship was to be kept a secret and that she could not tell anyone nor could I say that I had a steady Girlfriend...."UNCLE" helped work out the details as if it was anyone else besides me...I would have had to sign a Contract. I have a Verbal Agreement and refused to sign a Contract. This pissed off many paper pushers but as I have said...THEY...NEEDED...ME. Not the other way around.

Unless a person has the IQ of a ROCK....a person KNOWS what is right and what is wrong. Before My Girl...I dated two Former East German Twins who were able with their Mother and two other Sisters...make it to the U.S. and bought a house right off the SAC base in a town that was next to mine...this SAC base is so large it still is to this day...an ALTERNATE EMERGENCY LANDING STRIP FOR THE SPACE SHUTTLE! Although I dated them both at the same time...one emerged on top and this is the last Girl Friend I have Had since My Girl. And even though I am Attractive Enough to Model as a Favor...I have had only TWO GIRL FRIENDS IN MY LIFE! I have had ridiculous amounts of SEX and this was before AIDS...HERPES...and a whole lot of other nasty things that appeared in the late 80's...but I never caught anything and people did not worry about anything other than getting Knocked Up back then.

So we dated for a while and since many original episodes of our first meetings involved Sexual Encounters with both Sisters who were TWINS and they were both 6 ft 1 inch but with heels they stood taller than me. So even though I was really serious with one...the other was Bi-Sexual and would come to me to help solve abuse issues caused by a Gay Woman she was dating. She would say...I like her but sometimes I wish I had you because when we would all three get together...I would HOLD HER and she said that NOTHING COULD EQUATE TO THE FEELING OF BEING HELD BY A MAN! Her Sister who was my Girlfriend as so close as they were identical twins...would ask me if it would be OK if her sister could sleep with us tonight as she was scared and lonely...I did not take advantage but it always ended with SEX as it devastated her TWIN...my Girlfriend...that her sister was dating a Gay Woman.

As the relationship progressed and their Father had died years previous from Heart Failure....I KNEW that it would ALWAYS be the THREE OF US! Not that I minded this but in my position...I cannot constantly be having to worry about others around me. It ended as I had to end it as I could no longer promise "UNCLE" that the TWINS would not compromise me if an issue occurred.

All I can say is when I get back from a JOB...I NEED TO BURY MY HEAD INTO My Girls Chest and just HAVE SOMEONE who was not there to judge or someone who would ask..."HEY! WHEN'S THE NEXT PARTY MAN!?" She keeps my SANITY! She is my ROCK! And I waited a LONG TIME TO FIND A WOMAN OF HER...SKILLS as well as a Woman of Her Intelligence. YEARS!....of waiting. Sometimes this is what is needed to find the RIGHT PARTNER....rather than settle because you are lonely and then when THINGS GO WRONG...you blame the WOMAN? And the same goes for you Girls also! You settle and YOU KNOW IT IS WRONG...but you are lonely so you settle...and things go wrong and you blame the MAN? We ALL KNOW WHAT THE REALITY IS in a RELATIONSHIP! It is in our ability to admit it is WE who made the mistake and not our partner.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Im sorry, reading your last post i have to wonder... Do you have a personality disorder?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Odd that you claim your relationship has to be "top secret", and she can't speak a word about your "over seas gigs", yet you splash it all on an open net forum, with no problem?

If you are really half the man you say you are, there would be NO NEED whatsoever to use this thread to boost your ego.

If you were really involved with such top secret and dangerous operations, you wouldn't be blabbing about it here.

Real Alpha males are very secure in themselves , and have no need to tell others about how "great" they are at everything they do, or talk to 1000's of strangers about their sexual conquests.

All you've managed to do with all of this hot air, is make people skeptical of anything you write, as well as show us how some men are still little boys constantly needing their ego stroked.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

ABSOLUTELY!
When our weary world was young
The struggle of the ancients first began
The gods of love and reason
Sought alone to rule the fate of man

They battled through the ages
But still neither force would yield
The people were divided
Every soul a battlefield ...

Ii. apollo: bringer of wisdom
'i bring truth and understanding
I bring wit, and wisdom fair
Precious gifts beyond compare
We can build a world of wonder
I can make you all aware'

'i will find you food and shelter
Show you fire to keep you warm
Through the endless winter storm
You can live in grace and comfort
In the world that you transform'

The people were delighted
Coming forth to claim their prize
They ran to build their cities
And converse among the wise

But one day the streets fell silent
Yet they knew not what was wrong
The urge to build these fine things
Seemed not to be so strong

The wise men were consulted
And the bridge of death was crossed
In quest of dionysus
To find out what they had lost ...

Iii. dionysus: bringer of love
'i bring love to give you solace
In the darkness of the night
In the heart's eternal light
You need only trust your feelings
Only love can steer you right'

'i bring laughter, I bring music
I bring joy and I bring tears
I will soothe your primal fears
Throw off those chains of reason
And your prison disappears'

The cities were abandoned
And the forests echoed song
They danced and lived as brothers
They knew love could not be wrong

Food and wine they had aplenty
And they slept beneath the stars
The people were contented
And the gods watched from afar

But the winter fell upon them
And it caught them unprepared
Bringing wolves and cold starvation
And the hearts of men despaired ...

Iv. armageddon: the battle of heart and mind
The universe divided
As the heart and mind collided
With the people left unguided
For so many troubled years
In a cloud of doubts and fears
Their world was torn asunder
Into hollow hemispheres

Some fought themselves, some fought each other
Most just followed one another
Lost and aimless like their brothers
For their hearts were so unclear
And the truth could not appear
Their spirits were divided
Into blinded hemispheres

Continued.....Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

/Sarcasm.

Look at all the problems derived from large numbers of women entering the work force. Now, in America, because of this phenomenon men can no longer make enough to support a family, it has come full circle, in order to live in the same manner of comfort both the man and the woman have to work due to financial considerations. With almost every women in America in the work force the government gets more tax dollars and does less with it. With both parents now working you have more problem children, because of the lack of attention and proper raising that they once had.

I am not saying that women should not work, but if you removed even half of the women in America that are currently working from the work force men would start making enough to support the family, and the children would be better off, raising a better future generation, and marriages might be more lasting. Then the women who had no choice but to work would also be making more.

It says a lot that it was the CIA who first started and supported the feminist movement in America...Your tax dollars at work.

They have taken the women's rights to be a woman in a traditional role away.... completely...for the average person, and the rights of men away too. Now we are all just trying to sustain life, and being traditional in any way is almost an impossibility. This leads to psychological difficulties for most of society, since that which is innate in all of us must be overridden.
edit on 18-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

continued....

Some who did not figh
Brought tales of old to light
My 'rocinante' sailed by night
On her final flight

To the heart of cygnus' fearsome force
We set our course
Spiralled through that timeless space
To this immortal place

V. cygnus: bringer of balance
I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn
I have passed into olympus
As was told in tales of old
To the city of immortals
Marble white and purest gold

I see the gods in battle rage on high
Thunderbolts across the sky
I cannot move, I cannot hide
I feel a silent scream begin inside

Then all at once the chaos ceased
A stillness fell, a sudden peace
The warriors felt my silent cry
And stayed their struggle, mystified

Apollo was atonished
Dionysus thought me mad
But they heard my story further
And they wondered, and were sad

Looking down from olympus
On a world of doubt and fear
Its surface splintered
Into sorry hemispheres

They sat a while in silence
Then they turned at last to me
'we will call you cygnus,
The God of balance you shall be'

The sphere: a kind of dream
We can walk our road together
If our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free
If we pursue a different aim

Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere

This was written by Neil Peart with music by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of RUSH a few Canadians that love Baseball and were VERY PROUD the day that the Space Shuttle was launched with CANADA lettered on the Shuttles Robotic Arm. My Drummer Mark knows Neil Peart and the two are of equal talent. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

/Sarcasm.

Look at all the problems derived from large numbers of women entering the work force. Now, in America, because of this phenomenon men can no longer make enough to support a family, it has come full circle, in order to live in the same manner of comfort both the man and the woman have to work due to financial considerations. With almost every women in America in the work force the government gets more tax dollars and does less with it. With both parents now working you have more problem children, because of the lack of attention and proper raising that they once had.

I am not saying that women should not work, but if you removed even half of the women in America that are currently working from the work force men would start making enough to support the family, and the children would be better off, raising a better future generation, and marriages might be more lasting. Then the women who had no choice but to work would also be making more.

It says a lot that it was the CIA who first started and supported the feminist movement in America...Your tax dollars at work.

They have taken the women's rights to be a woman in a traditional role away.... completely...for the average person, and the rights of men away too. Now we are all just trying to sustain life, and being traditional in any way is almost an impossibility. This leads to psychological difficulties for most of society, since that which is innate in all of us must be overridden.
edit on 18-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Love how you suggest that women should leave the workforce and not men. Anyhow, that isnt a solution. You cant blame women entering the workforce for why a single wage can no longer support a family, That problem comes down to the greed of capitialism. Well paid jobs have moved oversea's for cheaper labour, skilled jobs require a better education (i agree that men are somewhat hindered in this situation as education has become less hands on) And even the low paid jobs are saturated with migrant labour, both legal and illegal (In america's case, mexican workers)
No one ever forced a woman to stop being a house wife. Ive never come across any woman who looked down on someone who wanted to stay at home and look after the kids, each to their own i say. As for marriage, its evident that women are less willing to put up with broken marriages. If your partner becomes a drunk or you fall out of love with them, why shouldnt you end the marriage? Now that a woman can freely support herself economicly she is no longer trapped - exactly what feminism set out to do. Feminism never set out to destroy the family, it set out to free the average women from Patriarchy and you'd be right to believe that many women simply do not want to return to "traditional" roles, not that this "golden era" that menopists keep referring to ever existed for the majority of women.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Well, I think many people would agree with you, but for myself, I do need and want comfort from men, and I do believe it is because of the "natural" instincts that I was "born" with....trust me when I say, I have tried to "over power" these feelings with "logic"....and so I have been told I'm smart, high IQ, gifted class as child, but it doesn't change the reality, that I feel "lost" without the support of Men.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join