It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I also appreciate your kind words....My Mom was also a stromg Woman....she started and owned an Educational toy store, for 35 years ., i was 8yrs. old and it was a "way" of life, NO WAR toys or Barbies..trust me when I tell you.....her buisness model was "copied" by some VERY successful people.

At the end of the day.....who cares really?

I CARE! I CARE TO A GREAT EXTENT! I think that Kids need to be educated in a business sense as we have been. I would be dropped off at my Fathers Business every week day after school as a got a note from my parents to allow me to take a Bus that was different than my standard one to go to the Company. We dealt in Medical Equipment and My Father was a Medial Officer in the Military. I learned a GREAT DEAL and one year at the Business was like 5 years of schooling. Both of my parents were very tough on me but they ALWAYS INSTALLED INTO ME...it does not matter if you are a Man or Woman...you are treated and paid on your Value as an EMPLOYEE or your MERIT!

Much of this is an echo from both the U.S. Military as well as the U.S. "CIVILIAN" Company. Where people are picked for a JOB based not o their sex but what will get the job done. And believe you me....there are many LADY employee of the Company. Entire WARS have been prevented over a bottle of Champagne and a very smart beautiful Woman. SO...I CARE! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by zeeon

Not that this is really appropriate to the topic, but biologically speaking, men are no longer needed for reproduction, now that sperm cells can be made from female stem cells.

Actually it is very appropriate to the topic. This is just further ammunition for Radical Feminists who assert that society no longer requires men, therefore their rights and freedoms should be ignored.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

reply to post by zeeon

Not that this is really appropriate to the topic, but biologically speaking, men are no longer needed for reproduction, now that sperm cells can be made from female stem cells.

Actually it is very appropriate to the topic. This is just further ammunition for Radical Feminists who assert that society no longer requires men, therefore their rights and freedoms should be ignored.

Could you post some links to support that this is happening?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Boy! Either you are completely INSECURE....or RIGID IN CONCEPTUAL COLLECTIVE THOUGHT IMPERATIVES that you have broken down your assessment of me to the point that I used the word GIRL rather than Woman or Lady....as an indication of how view me or what I represent.

I hate to be rude but that is JUST PITIFUL! Word are just that...WORDS! It is a persons ACTIONS THAT DEFINE THEM! I would have no problem if a Lady came up to me and said WELL...HELLO THERE BOY! How about getting this lonely Girl a drink?

HONESTLY...you really don't understand Women or Men at all! Perhaps that is why you have broken down every verbal word or every action into some LIFE OR DEATH....RESPECT OR DISRESPECT....OPEN HEARTED OR PURPOSEFUL INSULT action. They are not.

I feel sorry for you on an open an HONEST BASIS as if this is how you truly feel or are just saying these things in some attempt to TAKE ME DOWN A NOTCH....either way....I AM SORRY THAT I MADE YOU FEEL THIS WAY! I of all people have been given so much by any GOD that might exist and I was just trying to...in my own overly ALPHA-EGO-MAN with a big M....trying to help as I have never met a Woman who has talked to me after more than a few minutes that didn't end up liking me or being a friend....and YES GUY'S...THAT MEANS BEING IN THE DREADED...FRIEND ZONE! But as I have said...I LOVE WOMEN AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. I find them to be something I cannot do without and I PROTECT THEM when ever I can. As there are some SICK SOB'S in this World and I have no compunction about ending a person of this nature...as I have been trained to and once a person of my Training comes face to face with a Man who is all about POWER and DEGRADATION...then they show what they really are....a COWARD who could not handle being rejected by a Female or GIRL who said no to a date. Perhaps He never asked. Perhaps he WAS treated with cruelty but all Men have to some extent....one just needs to get back up on the horse.

I FEAR for you because you remind me of such a person regardless of what sex you are....WOMEN LOVE STRONG MEN as long as some of that strength is in the strength of character and strength of kindness. You are not displaying much of either of these and that is why I fear for you. I you wish to talk you can PM me.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Furbs

Boy! Either you are completely INSECURE....or RIGID IN CONCEPTUAL COLLECTIVE THOUGHT IMPERATIVES that you have broken down your assessment of me to the point that I used the word GIRL rather than Woman or Lady....as an indication of how view me or what I represent.

I hate to be rude but that is JUST PITIFUL! Word are just that...WORDS! It is a persons ACTIONS THAT DEFINE THEM! I would have no problem if a Lady came up to me and said WELL...HELLO THERE BOY! How about getting this lonely Girl a drink?

On the contrary, our realities are built upon the language we use. I would imagine that someone with an IQ of 174 would understand the importance of language and what it represents. Would you have a problem with me, as a 6'4 250 lbs man calling you boy?

HONESTLY...you really don't understand Women or Men at all! Perhaps that is why you have broken down every verbal word or every action into some LIFE OR DEATH....RESPECT OR DISRESPECT....OPEN HEARTED OR PURPOSEFUL INSULT action. They are not.

As I have stated, your words make your reality. You choose words that are aggressive. Your manner is that of ego driven hostility.

I feel sorry for you on an open an HONEST BASIS as if this is how you truly feel or are just saying these things in some attempt to TAKE ME DOWN A NOTCH....either way....I AM SORRY THAT I MADE YOU FEEL THIS WAY! I of all people have been given so much by any GOD that might exist and I was just trying to...in my own overly ALPHA-EGO-MAN with a big M....trying to help as I have never met a Woman who has talked to me after more than a few minutes that didn't end up liking me or being a friend....and YES GUY'S...THAT MEANS BEING IN THE DREADED...FRIEND ZONE! But as I have said...I LOVE WOMEN AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. I find them to be something I cannot do without and I PROTECT THEM when ever I can. As there are some SICK SOB'S in this World and I have no compunction about ending a person of this nature...as I have been trained to and once a person of my Training comes face to face with a Man who is all about POWER and DEGRADATION...then they show what they really are....a COWARD who could not handle being rejected by a Female or GIRL who said no to a date. Perhaps He never asked. Perhaps he WAS treated with cruelty but all Men have to some extent....one just needs to get back up on the horse.

I FEAR for you because you remind me of such a person regardless of what sex you are....WOMEN LOVE STRONG MEN as long as some of that strength is in the strength of character and strength of kindness. You are not displaying much of either of these and that is why I fear for you. I you wish to talk you can PM me.
Split Infinity

The rest of this basically just proves my points of gender violence and an inability to understand even the basics of Gender Theory. I am beginning to seriously doubt your claims of having a 170ish IQ.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Before these Nightmares had My Girl as the person I was having a hard time make that person aware....it was someone else...and I think it might be my inability to control something that cannot be controlled as I tend to have great options of control in many other aspects of my life...but not acts of nature. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

A link that will summarise the issues: A voice for men

A link that illustrates that type of mindset we are dealing with: Radicalhub.com

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Furbs...I am Trained not to take words into account with what are my actions. This is so because they are WORDS! And this also why I am Honestly worried about how you react to them. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

A link that illustrates that type of mindset we are dealing with: Radicalhub.com

I took pause when I read that it was written by John the Other. His stuff has been very hit-or-miss on gender equality issues in the past, however, in the spirit of truly wanting to understand where you are coming from, I read it with an open mind and, while there were aspects of the story I didn't agree with on a philosophical level about feminism (most directly about needing to separate feminism and feminists, and that just because someone claims to be a feminist, it doesn't give them the authority to speak for feminism if they aren't adhering to the basic ideals of gender equality), I cannot deny his genuine gripe against SPLC.

Usually, SPLC is pretty accurate, but it does take constant vigilance to keep these organizations from becoming bloated shells of their former greatness.

As for Pamela O’Shaughnessy aka Vliet Tiptree, I take her as an eloquent but harmless counterbalance to people like SplitInfinity in this very thread. If she had an actual audience of feminists, or even had the ear of someone that had the ear of someone within the mainstream feminist movement, she might be dangerous.

Luckily for everyone, she is laughable at best, but I agree, women like her set equality back just as much as people like the aforementioned in this post.

Thank you for indulging me and posting those articles.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Wow....I read that first link, and after sitting here feeling absolutely terrified by some of the things said by Furbs in this thread, that just opened my eyes to more of what these people are all about. Doubtful it has ever been about equal pay. Truely scary stuff.
edit on 17-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
Wow....I read that first link, and after sitting here feeling absolutely terrified by some of the things said by Furbs in this thread, that just opened my eyes to more of what these people are all about. Doubtful it has ever been about equal pay. Truely scary stuff.
edit on 17-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Terrified by what I am saying?

You need to get out more. I am for equal rights. There are radical factions of all movements that want more than what is given. They are the fringe element, and whatever the movement, they are usually pretty dangerous. Luckily, those of us involved within the mainstream of the movements are usually able to weed out the more unsavory elements before they are able to do too much damage.

Like what happened to Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

He doesn't get it. He probably never will. Feel sorry for him because he will most likely never become complete or one of two parts of a Whole. Ferbs...this is not a put down...this is a wake up call.

Did you see the reaction that you have garnished from one of the sweetest people here? She FEARS YOU! One of the things I said earlier was a few things that Men can do that are easy for us to do such as make a woman feel Safe and Secure. You have done the opposite.

You are a MAN...you have the World at your Fingertips...well at least I DO! But ...scaring a Woman? What does that say about you?

This will NEVER BE THE ROUTE to solve your issue! It will only make you become more bitter! You need help. Seek it! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by OpinionatedB

He doesn't get it. He probably never will. Feel sorry for him because he will most likely never become complete or one of two parts of a Whole. Ferbs...this is not a put down...this is a wake up call.

Did you see the reaction that you have garnished from one of the sweetest people here? She FEARS YOU! One of the things I said earlier was a few things that Men can do that are easy for us to do such as make a woman feel Safe and Secure. You have done the opposite.

I do not view woman as needing to be comforted by a man. To do so is to place a woman into a lower place than a man, and I am not going to do that.

You are a MAN...you have the World at your Fingertips...well at least I DO! But ...scaring a Woman? What does that say about you?

The basic idea that you would say that I have the world at my fignertips because I am a man is textbook sexism. It is like you are pulling a schtick.

As for her being scared.. People are often scared of what they don't understand. I am under no obligation to comfort her or anyone else.

This will NEVER BE THE ROUTE to solve your issue! It will only make you become more bitter! You need help. Seek it! Split Infinity

Ad hominem.

You have nothing interesting or thought provoking to add to the conversation, SplitInfinity. You offer no theory, you cannot support any of your claims. Your personal anecdotes are simply that and offer nothing insightful to the conversation. For someone as smart as you claim to be, you sure don't add much weight to the conversation and rely on personal attacks instead of any kind of measured reply.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

That is the second time you have made reference to my intelligence. This is all words coming from you as a defense mechanism in which you are showing your pain. For this I am sorry for you.

I post here even though I am on this topic...mostly to discuss Physics which I enjoy and if you feel it necessary to really test my abilities of understanding and present concepts that go way beyond the majority of people in the fields of Quantum Mechanics as well as Multiversal possibilities that show cause for any possibility of understanding the Unified Field Theory as being a part of a Multiversal interconnection between Alternate Divergent Universal States that are created by cause and effect via PROBABILITY in that Quantum Particles which make up Atomic Nucleus Particles....Protons and when present...Neutrons which themselves are made up of smaller Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Leptons, Gluons...etc. Also Quarks in their six flavors...UP, DOWN, BOTTOM, TOP, STRANGE AND CHARM. Or how Photons...a Quantum Particle can actually CHOOSE an action based on a simple provable overlapping Light Disbursment Patterns and the possibility that the Quantum World is part of a Much Larger system known as the Multiverse and this is why we cannot connect the Macro-Dynamics of our Universes Actions with the Non-Abiding actions of the Quantum Particles which act as both Particle and Wave.

But then again...you have bigger problems to deal with. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Before these Nightmares had My Girl as the person I was having a hard time make that person aware....it was someone else...and I think it might be my inability to control something that cannot be controlled as I tend to have great options of control in many other aspects of my life...but not acts of nature. Split Infinity

nature and random chance can never be controlled. All you can do, really, is accept that and control your own responses and reaction to events beyond your control. Just like an IED, life sometimes presents you with the luck of the draw, entirely beyond your control, and you simply react to that in a way to enhance your own survival if you are left able to do so, and be pro-active in enhancing your survival and that of those who depend on you if you see it coming ahead of time.

Remember - seeing something coming is not the same as being able to control it - it's just gives you more response options and allows you to stack the deck against the inevitable. Whatever it is will still come, and still be just as uncontrollable. Inability to control some things is a fact of life, and nothing to work yourself up over - working yourself into a frenzy over uncontrollable events actually REDUCES your ability to think and respond properly.

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

You have nothing interesting or thought provoking to add to the conversation, SplitInfinity. You offer no theory, you cannot support any of your claims. Your personal anecdotes are simply that and offer nothing insightful to the conversation. For someone as smart as you claim to be, you sure don't add much weight to the conversation and rely on personal attacks instead of any kind of measured reply.

Oh the irony and hypocrisy runs deep in this one.

Please remind yourself to look down before you fall off your self made pedestal.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Terrified by what I am saying?

You need to get out more. I am for equal rights. There are radical factions of all movements that want more than what is given. They are the fringe element, and whatever the movement, they are usually pretty dangerous. Luckily, those of us involved within the mainstream of the movements are usually able to weed out the more unsavory elements before they are able to do too much damage.

Like what happened to Ron Paul.

"Feminism", by it's very title, is a sexist ideology. The very title is evocative of inequal promotion of one gender over the other. I, for one, am not about surrender to hostile ideologies. I'm not a "masculinist", so why would I EVER surrender to feminism?

There are biological facts of life, forces of nature, unavoidable and uncontrollable, that dictate the suitability of one gender in preference to the other in certain tasks and areas. Does it mean one CAN'T do what the other does? In most cases, of course not - it just means they are better SUITED to different arenas. Life is better when you do what you do best, and partner up with someone else who can supplement your weak areas.

That's sort of the whole idea behind partnering or teaming up. If feminist wants to do it all on her own, more power to her. I wouldn't want to be teamed with her anyhow.

Women need to be wanted, and men want to be needed. If she doesn't need me, I don't want her.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I do not view woman as needing to be comforted by a man. To do so is to place a woman into a lower place than a man, and I am not going to do that.

I don't NEED to be fed by a woman, either. I can cook for myself - but it sure is nice not having to eat my own cooking every so often!

It's not a matter of "needs", it's a matter of relative strengths and relative weaknesses, and being able to pull together in the same direction. You help one another along, and use your own strengths to augment the other as useful.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Double post, because my mouse hates me.

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You are right. I find that you have said something very close to what My Girl said to me...but then I reminded her that I had to throw her over my shoulder and run down the cellar with her kicking and screaming! LOL!

The Rouge Wave of which only one I can talk about...really was one scary thing to go through. My Dad is a Retired...not at the time...Military Officer and I could hear the fright in his voice as he told me to RUN toward the oncoming wave in Fl.

We were really cut up because of the coral but we helped for about 30 minutes...the people...especially the kids...who not only were pummeled on the Beach....but as the Ocean water went back out...pulled many people with it. This wave was like something you see on an old episode of Hawaii Five 0. It was massive and came out of nowhere. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join