It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Oh that band is named Split Infinity

OK never mind

www.splitinfinityonline.com...

edit on 6/16/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Furbs

The testosterone is getting pretty deep, and I can't even swim...

Note on The Nightmares - they get easier and less frequent over time. Only certified Psychopaths never have them, but normal Super Soldiers learn to cope. They can be directed and controlled while they're going on with a little practice. If you have 'em, you'll practice.

The reason I asked is that I am a LUCID DREAMER which means I ALWAYS know I am dreaming. It has certain advantages as you can control to an extent the dream...and I do have my own Demons to cope with...but as far as ending a life that was EVIL...I have no issues.

I am fearless except two things. And both of these things I have dreamed about repeatedly and both have come to pass in reality...one of which last summer. In the dreams...a Tornado is coming and I am not afraid for myself but in the dream I cannot get My Girl to listen to me and go into the cellar. This actually happened last summer as a Tornado...in Freekin' Mass...was in my back yard. I ran into the house and My Girl was not paying attention to me over loud music....I grabbed her...threw her over my shoulder and ran down into the cellar. The Tornado threw a few trees into my atrium and My Girl was protesting and struggling the whole way and she is STRONG! But I grabbed her like a vice and got her into the cellar.

The second dream has to do with ROUGE WAVES as I have experienced two and never wish to have this happen again. My Dad and I were in Ft. Lauderdale and a 35 foot wave rooled in as we were chest deep in the water. The water was sucked out to the point where we were in ankle deep water with A LOT OF CORAL....my DAD yelled...RUN TOWARD THE WAVE!...We got there but it was so big we were SLAMMED INTO THE CORAL BOTTOM and cut up...the wave went all the way across the beach and over the road and into Sea side businesses.

The second Rouge Wave I was hit with...I cannot talk about but one of my Team Members broke his arm.

In my dreams of the waves..again...I am trying to warn My Girl but she is not paying attention. These two dreams...the part of not being able to warn My Girl...is the ONLY THING I FEAR. I do not even fear the tornado or the wave...just not being able to warn her. Although I am a LUCID DREAMER....these two dreams occur now and then and unlike all my other dreams...I have no control. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
While I agree with the concept that there is still a great divide between the sexes, and this divide may be leaning in favour to the females at this time, it just goes to prove that as a race we are still not able to admit that there are differences between being a woman and a man.
Take the defense force - please tell me one country that could face battle with only females as soldiers and survive? The reason being that the physiology is just not the same, nor are the chemicals that get released when traumatic events take place. I hear calls for equal rights in the army/navy/airforce all the time but damn if it wouldn't be a slaughter sending an all female team into battle...
With regards to sexual assault, a young student might have a crush on an older teacher. If she asks him out, or maybe tried to kiss him in a moment of passion, most men would agree - as would society - that the best step is to say sorry, perhaps the communication was wrong, and to pretend it didn't happen so as not to offend the girl anymore than she already offended herself.
Now... imagine a young MALE student asking a female teacher out, and maybe reaching in for a kiss at the wrong time. Band! SEXUAL ASSAULT! And everything that follows... legal proceedings, mental tests, the works. The overall balance is way off...
The OP has made some excellent points regarding custody. A father seems to only be a father as long as the mother chooses so. If not, there are a myriad of ways to strip him of the father title. For the mother, however, there is a long process of proof needed to even begin to think about taking her child away.
As for money earned, I like to think that society has grown enough to see through the sexes when it comes to work values. A boss or business owner is always going to hire the best for the job, regardless if male or female. Money is just too much important nowadays.
I just don't think it's a case of sexes being equal. We each have strengths and weaknesses in different areas. When we both decide to be smart, and open a discussion about how we can each serve this existence in a better manner, then we both become the shining example of our random gene selection!!!
When all else fails, I guess, the ancient meme shall always shine through on what is surely a sinking ship.
Women and children first.....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Look...there are always going to be exceptions like a weak man and a Woman who is physically strong....I know this because My Girl is STRONG! Women who pump iron may gain obscene muscle mass but that does not equate to real strength. On average...Men are much stronger from a Physical Standpoint than Women.

Yet Women on average have a Higher Pain Tolerance than Men.

Men in general...are less emotional....women in general are more emotional. Women have been proven to be much crueler then Men. But Men seem to have a need to control things to satisfy their ego or compensate for something they lack.

I know women who can beat a Man in arm wrestling....she even competes...I was born with a very high level of Muscle Density. I am abnormally strong. I do not lift as much as I once did for the reasons of as you get older...you may be strong enough to lift extreme amounts of weight...but your Tendons are not as flexible as they once were as well as ligaments. I can bench press an amount I will not even post because you will think it is B.S....but I no longer do this and use less weight as I could tear the Muscle off the Bone. I did not want to but this women sat across from me and grabbed my left arm hand...I am slightly ambidextrous. I told her no...she gripped my hand and would not take no for an answer and said...I will start with the left hand first. I put her down in 10 seconds. Then we did right...about 5 seconds. But for the average guy....she would win as there is exceptions in every case.

So I think you should look at this from a Average perspective. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

At the risk of sounding repetative...

As i have already pointed out twice on this thread...

What women need...

Is fairness rather than...

Equality!...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I also appreciate your kind words....My Mom was also a stromg Woman....she started and owned an Educational toy store, for 35 years ., i was 8yrs. old and it was a "way" of life, NO WAR toys or Barbies..trust me when I tell you.....her buisness model was "copied" by some VERY successful people.

At the end of the day.....who cares really?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by selfharmonise

I have a question for you. Does your Man ever have nightmares or is he able to cope?
Split Infinity

He copes well.

But to wake him out of a deep sleep...I know to stand at the bottom of the bed and gently begin to pat his ankle.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I really don't see what this has to do with the topic of the thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Look...there are always going to be exceptions like a weak man and a Woman who is physically strong....I know this because My Girl is STRONG! Women who pump iron may gain obscene muscle mass but that does not equate to real strength. On average...Men are much stronger from a Physical Standpoint than Women.

Yet Women on average have a Higher Pain Tolerance than Men.

Men in general...are less emotional....women in general are more emotional. Women have been proven to be much crueler then Men. But Men seem to have a need to control things to satisfy their ego or compensate for something they lack.

I know women who can beat a Man in arm wrestling....she even competes...I was born with a very high level of Muscle Density. I am abnormally strong. I do not lift as much as I once did for the reasons of as you get older...you may be strong enough to lift extreme amounts of weight...but your Tendons are not as flexible as they once were as well as ligaments. I can bench press an amount I will not even post because you will think it is B.S....but I no longer do this and use less weight as I could tear the Muscle off the Bone. I did not want to but this women sat across from me and grabbed my left arm hand...I am slightly ambidextrous. I told her no...she gripped my hand and would not take no for an answer and said...I will start with the left hand first. I put her down in 10 seconds. Then we did right...about 5 seconds. But for the average guy....she would win as there is exceptions in every case.

So I think you should look at this from a Average perspective. Split Infinity

No. I looked at it from the perspective that you gave. You told me that there are things that you can do that a woman just cant do. You made your list, and I proved it inaccurate.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Clearly life is NOT fair....sometimes Men and Women get the short end of the stick....God is funny that way....so I say..."bring it on"....it's better then being dead.....

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The reason I asked is that I am a LUCID DREAMER which means I ALWAYS know I am dreaming. It has certain advantages as you can control to an extent the dream...and I do have my own Demons to cope with...but as far as ending a life that was EVIL...I have no issues.

I'd prefer not to go off the rails and get into a testosterone pissing contest, so I'll just limit myself to a couple of observations, personal opinion only, and get back to my corner.

I don't know what "Lucid dreaming" is. All I know is that the nightmares can be controlled and directed once you get the hang of it, and that they get less frequent as time goes by. Even at that, none of my friends or family will touch me to wake me up, even to this day. My son will stand across the room and call until I wake up, and I have a friend that pokes me with a broom stick, but won't get within arm's reach. He pokes me because he thinks the reaction is funny, the sadistic bastard!

I am fearless except two things.

When a man says he's "fearless EXCEPT for..." Then he's not fearless. This is not a BAD thing - fear is there to keep you and those around you alive by inspiring caution. The key is to control IT, rather than let it control YOU. "Bravery" is not the absence of fear, it is the mastery of your own fears. I've met very few truly fearless men in my life, and they scare the living crap out of me - that's because they get otherwise perfectly good men killed permanently dead. Truly "fearless" men are without fear because they've not got the good sense to be scared when they really ought to be. That seems to me to either be a form of psychopathy or sheer stupidity. Either way, they're as dangerous to their own as they are to the opposition.

A man who says he has never been scared is either lying, stupid, or psycopathic. Either way, you'd better watch him as closely as you do your opposition, and divest your team of that individual at your earliest convenience.

I can understand your nightmares of tornados, as I've faced them. They're pretty, unless you happen to wind up inside one. The house I was living in was eaten by a tornado in March, 2010. Some of my outdoor furniture was found in the tops of trees in my neighbor's yard. Some of it was never found.

It sounds to me like those nightmares are speaking to interpersonal issues between you and your girl, more than they are to external forces. It might be good to direct your attention to that arena.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
OP... As a lady I will say... Your points are right on. In the west we have flipped to be a very female-dominated society.

As much as I hate to use it, I think the yin/yang is a perfect metaphor for how it should be ideally. Feminizing men denies the very best in both men and women.

In my own marriage I have seen what a difference it makes. When I stopped trying to remake my husband in my image and let him be a real guy, it means letting go a lot - but it also means getting to be who I am and getting the very best of him in return.

Why any woman would want a man she can't respect, who isn't a force to balance her, I can't imagine. If I wanted another girl, I would just have another girl, not a man.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
OP... As a lady I will say... Your points are right on. In the west we have flipped to be a very female-dominated society.

As much as I hate to use it, I think the yin/yang is a perfect metaphor for how it should be ideally. Feminizing men denies the very best in both men and women.

In my own marriage I have seen what a difference it makes. When I stopped trying to remake my husband in my image and let him be a real guy, it means letting go a lot - but it also means getting to be who I am and getting the very best of him in return.

Why any woman would want a man she can't respect, who isn't a force to balance her, I can't imagine. If I wanted another girl, I would just have another girl, not a man.

More gender training.

However, the root of it remains.

In a relationship, regardless of who you are or your sexual orientation, M/F, F/F, M/M, if you are partnered with someone you respect and arent trying to change them into someone they aren't, you are going to have a better relationship. It really doesn't have anything to do with gender politics at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by zeeon

Your "Quote"

Women can't get preggers on there own, now can they?

Really?

Well tell that to the abandoned girls/women who are left 'holding the baby!!' There are an

awful lot of them.

You completely missed the point of my post. I'm not talking about what happens when the Mother and baby are abandoned by the Father of said child. I was talking about prenatal rights. Yes there are dead beat dads, and there ARE contrary to popular belief dead beat moms too. Just recently there was an article about a Mother getting her 12 year old daughter hooked heroine.

Come to think of it, I am failing to see YOUR Point. What should I tell these abandoned girls/women who are left "Holding the baby!?" That they should have used protection or birth control if they didn't want to get pregnant? That as I stated previously it "Takes two to tango" and with that comes responsibility as well - and that responsibility falls equally among the Father and the Mother?

Well, that's exactly what I would tell those abandoned girls/women who are left "holding the baby". Maybe you should have used BC or protection. Maybe you should have put more thought into your mate before you decided to have unprotected / un-controlled sexual intercourse with them.

Responsibility is a two way street and ALOT of women these days blame men when, like I said - it takes two people to make a baby. (This is reference only to consensual sex not victims of rape or abuse).

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I'm really going to try and not insult you on a personal level. With that said, I'd like to reference my boy Antoine Dobson's about his feelings of the level of intelligence of the criminal they're talking about in the interview.

First - You said "Sperm Bank" - HELLO MEN CARRY SPERM. If you have no Men, YOU CANNOT CARRY LIFE. Anyone with a high school education should know this. Science today cannot just produce life carrying sperm.

Secondly - You said something to the effect of "Men have no prenatal rights unless we can carry the child" or some such blather. Unless you are Mother of Christ you need sperm (which comes from men) in order to develop life inside of you. That child has half of my chromosomes and half of the mothers. Thus, the child is genetically half mine. Which is where Prental rights come from. Yes you carry the child - so yes you can control YOUR BODY but the Child is half Father and half Mothers, which means I (as a father) have rights.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Not that this is really appropriate to the topic, but biologically speaking, men are no longer needed for reproduction, now that sperm cells can be made from female stem cells.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Hmmmm....'it takes two to tango'...

But only ONE is left with 'a bun in the oven' when the music stops!

Does any of this sound familiar

* You know it's better without

* I love you

* Just this once

* We'll always be together

* I'll be careful

* I'll stand by you

* you would if you loved me....

Should i go on?.....

'Quote' 'Responsibility falls equally among the Father and Mother'.... ....Tell that to the

females i know!

I fully agree there are both dead beat and feckless mums AND dads but i wonder how

the percentages come out re. mums v dads on the subject

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Without starting an entire new pissing contest....there are things that Men Can Do that Woman cannot. And to be more precise....the statement should be....MEN AS DO WOMEN....HAVE CERTAIN ABILITIES THAT THEY TEND TO BE MORE ADEPT THAT THE OTHER SEX OR OUTRIGHT HAVE THE CAPACITY WHERE THE OTHER SEX DOES NOT!

I don't think many people would argue with this statement. As far as my statements....I was just trying to have a little FUN and a bit dismayed that you have taken this so seriously. Then again...I do not have FEMALE PROBLEMS or MALE PROBLEMS for that matter to any real extent that effects me to have any symptoms of Rage or Insecurity. I DO worry a little about what My Girl would have to go through should one day...My Skill Fails Me...or I make the wrong choice as I once did before or JUST PLAIN BAD LUCK...but I am VERY GOOD at what I do in just about ANYTHING I DO....and My Girl is very aware of this as she has once seen me in action.

I give her alot of credit as some Women would run or be scared...NOT MY GIRL! She was ready willing and CAPABLE of DEFENDING HER MAN! I find this so stimulating and Sexy that just for me to type is is SEXUALLY AROUSING! LOL! It is one thing to be able to find a Woman who will back you up....IT IS AN ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT MATTER to find one who IS CAPABLE! I think I have to change out of my jeans...too confining! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Without starting an entire new pissing contest....there are things that Men Can Do that Woman cannot. And to be more precise....the statement should be....MEN AS DO WOMEN....HAVE CERTAIN ABILITIES THAT THEY TEND TO BE MORE ADEPT THAT THE OTHER SEX OR OUTRIGHT HAVE THE CAPACITY WHERE THE OTHER SEX DOES NOT!

Can you name a few of these abilities? I am genuinely interested.

I don't think many people would argue with this statement.

Whenever you put artificial divisions between the sexes, you set yourself up to be argued against.

As far as my statements....I was just trying to have a little FUN and a bit dismayed that you have taken this so seriously. Then again...I do not have FEMALE PROBLEMS or MALE PROBLEMS for that matter to any real extent that effects me to have any symptoms of Rage or Insecurity.

The simple idea that you believe that gender violence in the form of off color jokes are 'FUN' do nothing to support your assertation that you don't have FEMALE PROBLEMS especially in the department of Insecurity.

I DO worry a little about what My Girl would have to go through should one day...My Skill Fails Me...or I make the wrong choice as I once did before or JUST PLAIN BAD LUCK...but I am VERY GOOD at what I do in just about ANYTHING I DO....and My Girl is very aware of this as she has once seen me in action.

The idea that you would call a grown woman a 'girl' is also telling about how you feel about women in general.

I give her alot of credit as some Women would run or be scared...NOT MY GIRL! She was ready willing and CAPABLE of DEFENDING HER MAN! I find this so stimulating and Sexy that just for me to type is is SEXUALLY AROUSING! LOL! It is one thing to be able to find a Woman who will back you up....IT IS AN ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT MATTER to find one who IS CAPABLE! I think I have to change out of my jeans...too confining! LOL! Split Infinity

Your vulgarity is off putting and I ask you to please refrain from such talk in the future. Please.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join