It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I sent you a private message.

There are men out there (as there are women) who give many of us a bad name. I do not condone what they do, they do not have any respect from me.

Unfortunately this is getting worse, especially in single family households. It is tough to teach a boy how to be a proper man when you aren't a man or their father figure is not teaching the child right. Single Moms, I mean no disrespect here as you ladies are awesome and do all you can for your children.

I rarely see a young man open the door for a lady anymore. I hardly ever see the values that were instilled in me as a young man.

As for the men here. If you want many of these women to respect us, We Must Earn it.
edit on 14-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
I do agree with the OP that there clearly seems to be a "bias" against men, especially concerning, abortions, child custody, child support, cancer research/prevention of breast verses prostrate, and through the court systems concerning "crime" and punishments for those crimes.

Here are some thoughts I have on these matters-

1. The morning after pill should be easy to get and affordable, if a sexual union occurs without the "intent" of making a baby, however no "birth control" was used to prevent it, lol, for whatever reason...
...the women should be able to take this pill. After that, if she becomes pregnant it should then become a MUTUAL decision by BOTH partners to decide the "fate" of THIER baby.

2. Child custody in the state I live in is given 50/50 to parents unless there is some reason one of the parents is "unfit"...or the parents agree to other terms for some reason.

3. Child support is determined by a "formula" as explained to me by a lawyer, basically, if custody is not 50/50 which ever parent makes more money or has the child more often will be plugged into this "formula" to determine what amount will be paid by either parent, if anything...

4. All cancer research and prevention is important, both Men and Women need to work together, and insist NO Cancer prevention and "cures" are suppressed, which I believe they are, in order for big pharm to keep many of us sick and dependant on thier "medicines". I suspect Breast cancer gets more attention because "Breasts" are so "valued" by both Men and Women as what defines us as women, lol, I suspect if it was "Penis" cancer causing penis's to be removed, it would be given ALOT of attention, as it should be, We love breasts and penis's..

5. I have not checked your facts on Domestic violence yet, but my life experiences and observations give me "pause" those facts are acurrate, but not sure? No doubt there are some "sick violent puppies" out there of both sexes, but overall Men are more aggressive then Women, they certainly have the strength to "over power" them in most cases, and Violence against Women is rampant, and I have experienced this 1st hand.

6. Our court systems are so "fundamentally" unfair that both Men and Women need to take a stand on this together, Men probably get the "short end of the stick" on this issue, on that I would agree.

I will end this with my thoughts on "Women's Liberation".....while I understand "how" and "why" women "bought" into this movement...as Women, it is important for us to understand that the "valid" concerns this movement brought to light "are" worthy of discussion between Men and Women, BUT, it was "highjacked" by Rockerfeller and Co. to further thier agenda to "divide and conquer" and basically destroy traditional families.

I heard a "chilling" interview from someone who claimed to have been told, sorry can't remember his name, that he was told by David Rockerfeller that the "Women's Movement" was one of thier most brilliant moves, basically, they doubled thier tax base putting women in the work force, AND had the double benefit of taking "control" of thier children early in life......now think about how friggin "sick" that is....

I would have LOVED being a "homemaker", but growing up it was expected to go to College, I did, Cal Poly, get a good job, I did, NEVER depend on a Man........Well, that's were the WHOLE problem comes in.....The Whole Essence of EVERYTHING I wanted actually was actually ALL about "Depending" on the Man I loved....lol...oh gosh, sorry, this is making me cry.....will re-group and check in later.......Good Post OP.....

Ok, I was a bit confused it seems. I have finally found the original post here.

I apologize for coming off strong here. I have read a lot of reply's in this thread. I did miss this post, and I am sorry for that.

I have acknowledged many of the women who support this, and even made a couple posts thanking the women who are supporting this. Thank you too. I agree with you.

You seem like a great person, and I do not wish to make enemy's with anyone, especially you. Please accept my apologies, and once again thank you for a great post.

Keep your head up, Life can be awesome.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
S&F, OP. Well thought out thread, and not really sexist at all, since you brought absolute facts to the table. It was an eye-opener for me (women really default more than men on child support?!?).

I read an article a little while ago about some women's groups pushing for equality with insurance coverage premiums. They want to pay the same premiums as men do. On the surface, it makes sense. However, I thought I'd go to someone that has first-hand knowledge of women's issues: my wife.

I told her about this issue and she looked at me as if I'd grown an arm out of my ear. She said "do they not have any idea about how complicated a woman's physiology is as compared to men? Women cost more because they have more!" This is one of the reasons I've been married to her for 19 years now

The bottom line is that we are not all equal: men, women, black, white, Asian, gay, straight. You are not equal to me. The flip side is that I am not equal to you. We are all average. I'm better at some things than you, and you are better at other things than I. I can accept it, but some...certain groups and political parties can't accept something called "reality". That is part of the reason we're so screwed up as a country.

/TOA
edit on 14-6-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Originally posted by The Old American
S&F, OP. Well thought out thread, and not really sexist at all, since you brought absolute facts to the table. It was an eye-opener for me (women really default more than men on child support?!?).

I would take the OP's claims with a grain of salt unless you do your own research on them. The only two I did look up seemed to be inaccurate. (Look through the thread if you are interested.)

I read an article a little while ago about some women's groups pushing for equality with insurance coverage premiums. They want to pay the same premiums as men do. On the surface, it makes sense. However, I thought I'd go to someone that has first-hand knowledge of women's issues: my wife.

I told her about this issue and she looked at me as if I'd grown an arm out of my ear. She said "do they not have any idea about how complicated a woman's physiology is as compared to men? Women cost more because they have more!" This is one of the reasons I've been married to her for 19 years now

Your wife while being a woman, doesn't have the whole picture.

Does your wife think a non-smoking women should pay 17% more than a smoking man of the same age?

Does your wife think that she should pay a higher premium because she is more likely to have yearly exams that could save health insurers more money down the road than men who don't live as long as women?

So.. women.. who generally take better care of themselves (because of the increase in biological organs).. and see the doctor more often than men become a burden because they.. take better care of themselves and do not suffer the catastrophic illness rate that men of similar age do?

Just another thing to ask the wife about.

The bottom line is that we are not all equal: men, women, black, white, Asian, gay, straight. You are not equal to me. The flip side is that I am not equal to you. We are all average. I'm better at some things than you, and you are better at other things than I. I can accept it, but some...certain groups and political parties can't accept something called "reality". That part of the reason we're so screwed up as a country.

Individually we are all different. I have no problem with that. So, why are women as a GROUP paying more than men as a GROUP?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The bottom line is that we are not all equal: men, women, black, white, Asian, gay, straight. You are not equal to me. The flip side is that I am not equal to you. We are all average. I'm better at some things than you, and you are better at other things than I. I can accept it, but some...certain groups and political parties can't accept something called "reality". That is part of the reason we're so screwed up as a country.

/TOA
edit on 14-6-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Please ignore the above poster, They believe in rights for women but not men. please see all of their posts

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I'm really sorry and embaressed....I threw a tantrum....nothing I'm proud of....I just want to go camping this summer....and make love to my Man under the stars....I still Love him...and I think he still Loves me....lol...I am really am sorry for saying such mean things to you......wanna hear a corny song?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

good song, not corny at all.

As for your man, As I mentioned not sure your situation, but just trust yourself and don't push him to hard or he will feel trapped. Let him come to you.

I so hope you get to go camping soon, we love camping, only problem we have is, unless we camp in a corn field or our back yard, their isn't many secluded places around here. Someday I'll move to Missouri or something, I love the Ozarks.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

If you can't argue your points with logic, just go for ad hominem.

Refute my claims, please.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Good advise, actually my daughters father is "out of the picture" a long time ago.....but I am hopelessly in Love with a Man that probably Loves me just as much if I could stop being "crazy"....he would tell you I left him.....he wants to go camping....lol....he ended up with all our camping gear.....wish us luck.......we really are or were a "power" couple...if we could ever work together God only knows how much "good" we could do....♥
edit on 14-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

good for you, but we're all a bit crazy, what fun would life be without us crazy people.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

By telling outright lies like the "women still make 75 cent" myth your engaging in outright hatred and bigotry against males.

Now this is just a little childish. Regardless of whether or not the figure is a 25% disparity or a 1% disparity, the fact remains that women still make less money than men for working the same jobs. I guess as long as you're omitting, you're not a liar?

You want to talk subjugation? How many women died on the fields of battle to secure more supplies for the household? How many women died in the mines to warm societies families? I think it is women who are scared of losing their privileges. The privilege to be a human being and not a disposable commodity!

Sure let's talk subjugation. Let's talk about the fact that women (to this very day) aren't paid as much as men for working the same jobs. Whatever point you have to make is moot due to this simple fact. Whatever so-called "injustices" that you can name are inconsequential until this disparity is resolved. I have nothing else to say on this, Furbs refuted your nonsense good enough.

Us guy's have never had ANY GENDER PRIVILEGE WHATSOEVER!

Besides a few millenia of running the government, the churches, and the majority of the world of course. Holding women down from positions of power (except in rare cases), and making them second-class citizens for the majority of recorded history. It's okay though, I guess some people just have a short memory.

We have only known outright bigotry, discrimination and hatred at the hands of female supremacists like yourself!

I'm a man. Never would I discriminate against myself. Just simpletons that happen to have similar anatomy.

edit on 14-6-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Individually we are all different. I have no problem with that. So, why are women as a GROUP paying more than men as a GROUP?

Because they have more complicated plumbing. Female bodies cost more to fix and maintain than male bodies do.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Because they have more complicated plumbing. Female bodies cost more to fix and maintain than male bodies do.

/TOA

No they don't. Women just tend to do more preventative care than men do. They take better care of their bodies and have been being penalized for it. Luckily the new healthcare laws going into affect in 2014 end that on a national level.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

As for the men here. If you want many of these women to respect us, We Must Earn it.

Both sexes need to be accountable for failures, and men or woman don't have to be perfect in every regard to deserve some respect.

Yes there are men who fail miserably because they don't care, and there are others who make the occasional mistakes, much like women.

I applaud you for what you are trying to say, but I am just saying men have my respect for simply trying to do their best within any circumstances, and if at times they fail, and are sorry for mistakes, and try to do better, they still have my respect for trying.

There is another aspect that society throws on men that I don't care for, which is they are sometimes frowned upon for showing emotion in the form of tears. I think its unfair that they are expected to be sensitive, yet should hold back emotions in fear of seeming less manly. Real men cry at times, and should cry. I'm not talking about a man who cries over anything , but feeling you have to bottle up emotions because of your gender seems unfair, as well as unhealthy.

Just my two cents
for what its worth.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

It can easily be infered when we are talking about one group of people have more rights than another. Back to the old concept of separate but equal. It didnt work then, and will not work now.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Furbs,

Listen to what you are saying, by promoting EQUALITY. How is equality having different rights for different "classes" equality?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

Well it depoends on the industry were talking about isn't it. In addition what about the disparity of men versus women fatality rates. Why is that, because the men decide to work those industries moreso than women. Hence the higher rates. In addition, with the higher the danger, the higher the pay. Now as for doing the same job how much time is taken off by women vs. men. How many hours are worked in total. Any discussion that does not include all factors does nothing but try and advance an agenda. As it is said the devil is in the details. And looking at those details, might just enlighten you as to what is really going on, instead of blindly following the dribble you have been fed. Now if you truly are for EQUALITY, then of course you would also want to address any "injustices" that affect any "class" since it seems your not then it seems your agenda is clear.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Simple fact unless you fight for issues that affect everyone, not just things that you perceive affects your class you are not for equality. If you are not for a presumption of shared custody, females being able to fight on the front lines, being drafted, equalizing the fatality rates from dangerous jobs, and equalizing the amount spent on healthcare for both sexes you are not for gender equality in the least bit. Once again separate but equal is not equal. Never has been never will be.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Now I wished this was more accurate, in saying something along the lines of gender feminism. There are varieties of feminism that do strive for true equality.
edit on 14-6-2012 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join