It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
*cough*

this is 2012 ...
The age of the Sociopath.

Men are actually gettin custody now more than ever..

Yeh ... suck it.

My sons mother has cheated on every guy shes been with... has no job.. car.. license .. Yeh keep telling yourselves women are above.

When she left us..( us as in me and my son) she just abandon us.. what for? To be promiscuous.

Snooky anyone? =/

Im bout to get full custody myself. I love the # out of my son... she does not. I work 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs just to make ends meet ... and im asexual at this point....

So dont tell me "try being a woman"

because at anytime .. a man can "go straight to jail without passing go!" for even looking at a woman wrong... (slightly totally off topic...sorta)
edit on 7-6-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

I actually just read the article (im drinking) but yeh i heard this awhile back... but it mostly pertains to drug use and whoreism in my mind... the NYT just didnt want to say it
edit on 7-6-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I normally would not reply to a thread with a topic in which I understand the relevant arguments for each side, it seems like a no win situation. I will just add my personal experience with blatant sexism. I was in a park one weekend afternoon and there was a table set up and signs asking for volunteers to walk for the Susan Komen breast cancer society. I was a new resident in our nations capitol and I was interested in participating in the walk, which I had done for that specific society and for others in my previous home. I thought it would be a nice way for my girlfriend and I to spend a Sunday and get to know the area in which we lived (capitol hill, NE). When I approached and began my visual search for the appropriate sign up/donation packet. I immediately was approached by a middle-aged woman and she asked if she could help me. I explained my intention for participating and she said it was for women only. I was visibly stunned, so she followed up that I could donate to my girlfriend or give to the cause then, but this was just for women. I must have looked like I was a half-wit because I was speechless, sort of murmuring something. She walked away. When I gained my senses I just walked away back home, wondering why my penis prevented me from showing my love for women's health and their breasts. It hasn't changed my love of women and I have participated in at least two walks for that specific foundation it just made me think about why helping women that day was exclusively for women.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
I am a man, and if they want to go to the front line, let them.

Women wont be going to the front line. Not in any numbers that matter anyway.
Women dont even want to do ordinary conventional jobs that have an element of danger.

HERE, deaths in the workplace, in the UK, 2010/11.

Men = 119
Women = 1

Or as wikipedia puts it...

The majority of occupational deaths occur among men. In one U.S. study, 93% of deaths on the job involved men, with a death rate approximately 11 times higher than women.
The industries with the highest death rates are mining, agriculture, forestry, fishing, and construction, all of which employ more men than women.

So, women at the front line? One or two maybe. No more than that. They might break a nail.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by tw0330

I rarely star and flag a thread but I agree with everything you said op

I don't have much to add to it except this You've opened a can of worms and I hope you have an umbrella for the # storm that's about to come
Especially when the bitter women of ATS see this thread. Good luck!
edit on 6-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

And this is why I made the thread. I am tired of the "women are goddesses because of their wombs crap". Why are men so afraid to stand up for themselves, I thought this was ATS and we weren't afraid voicing our opinion.

It's like everything is fine wrong until we talk about reverse sexism, racism, and any other prejudiced that is largly moving way to far in other directions.

Let's equal the scales.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

More than one or two I would say. I work with the criminally insane and more often than not I'm one on one with them for extended periods of time. Many precarious situations let me tell you!

Life is filled with exceptions on both sides. For the bad and the good.

No easy stream lining when trying to evaluate what is fair.

Life is filled with oxymorons. Everything is relative and experiencial.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

We can voice our opinion .. doesnt mean its always welcome ..

the internet is dominated by feminists and libs cause this is their only place to shine. lol

and yes pun intended

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Hardly ... you stated on page 1 "try being a woman"

clearly not bias

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

There is no doubt about that. That doesn't mean that I don't have a balanced view in that which we should try to aspire to. I see what is and what has been. I also see what 'should be'.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I am a man, and if they want to go to the front line, let them.

Women wont be going to the front line. Not in any numbers that matter anyway.
Women dont even want to do ordinary conventional jobs that have an element of danger.

HERE, deaths in the workplace, in the UK, 2010/11.

Men = 119
Women = 1

Or as wikipedia puts it...

The majority of occupational deaths occur among men. In one U.S. study, 93% of deaths on the job involved men, with a death rate approximately 11 times higher than women.
The industries with the highest death rates are mining, agriculture, forestry, fishing, and construction, all of which employ more men than women.

So, women at the front line? One or two maybe. No more than that. They might break a nail.

Feminists often see themselves as superior to men, thus they want the same rights and more pay than men, unless there is danger involved, then they want to order (managers ect...) the men to put themselves in harms way. Because they see themselves as wholly beings and something about fruit and womb, while men are brainless and replaceable.

Note: Most women do not feel this way, but many of the feminists do. Just like their are guys that don't feel women are worth anything. It goes both ways. But the issue is rights and prejudice as a society

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

A "Alpha" can also be a leader. One who identifies problems and organizes the solutions. All without bullying, but through persuasion.

I read this and cannot help but think to myself, "Thank God I've never married or had kids." I have seen much of the OP's point in my life happen to others. Heck my last girlfreind (Fiance) tried to do much of his examples to mewhen we broke up.

Thankfully we do not live in a common law state. The joke was on her as she spent a lot of money on a lawyer, thrying to get me to pay alimony and child support for a kid who was not mine, though I treated him as such and still care about him.

I told her attorney to read State laws and basically pound sand. He was flabbergasted and I didn't hear from him again. I did hear from the ex who somehow came upon the notion that I had threatened her lawyer and he dropped the case. I didn't, I had the law on my side.

Long story short, I have never paid a dime out of pocket because I am just as choosy about my potential mate as many women are.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This thread can go both ways for many reasons, and we can all express our opinions, but in the long run we need each other and should appreciate one another for plenty of good reason. I don't care to bicker or rant so...it is what it is, live with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Why does this issue always have to end up being women posters against men posters.

I support the equal rights of women, why don't women do the same for men.

I am so glad I am married to a woman who agrees with me. Her and I understand our differences as male and female, but in no way do we think one has more rights than the other.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Why does this issue always have to end up being women posters against men posters.

I am so glad I am married to a woman who agrees with me. Her and I understand our differences as male and female, but in no way do we think one has more rights than the other.

Why is one argument more to the extreme than the other? WE should all come to a medium.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
no..

If we want real equality .. there needs to be a change.

Grounds for divorce/seperation HAS to be an element in the decision making process.

My case is a good example.. I PAID THE BILLS ... did the working ... played with my son and everything.

Hes 3 now... and calls my apt his home, and everything hes learned is because of me. His mother lives with a bunch of people and thats not good for him ... hell he doesnt even sleep on a bed .. or have his own room .. he sleeps on a couch .. wtf...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This thread can go both ways for many reasons, and we can all express our opinions, but in the long run we need each other and should appreciate one another for plenty of good reason. I don't care to bicker or rant so...it is what it is, live with it.

So what if those women "just lived with it" 50+ years ago, where would you be today?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So what if those women "just lived with it" 50+ years ago, where would you be today?

Who can say? It is, after all, a what if situation...Then again, who cares? We are where we are, NOW, so we should learn from the past and progress in the future.

link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

That is clearly a WTF situation and I'm so sorry to hear that Leo. He is lucky to have you as his dad. Very lucky. Sometimes one parent makes all the difference in the world.

Speaking from experience here.
Don't loose hope because your love is a big world where he will find many treasures, to build his foundation for all the things that are good. In this it will build a big world within him because of your sacrifice and devotion.

link   

Why is one argument more to the extreme than the other? WE should all come to a medium.

Agreed, but fact is, all anyone talks about is "women's rights" maybe if we started talking and doing something about the rights of men too, we would find a medium.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by unknOWNmirAGE

There is tipping and not in man's favor.

If a there is a situation where men have the advantage over women, and a man would say "live with it" then he would be sexist,

So if there is a situation where a woman has advantages over men, and a woman said "live with it" that would make her a what?
edit on 7-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

And this is why I made the thread. I am tired of the "women are goddesses because of their wombs crap". Why are men so afraid to stand up for themselves, I thought this was ATS and we weren't afraid voicing our opinion.

I'm aware that my first post in this thread probably made me sound like a raving misogynist, tw0; but the truth is that my overwhelming emotional response where feminism is concerned, is grief.

I'm very heterosexual, physically. My ex-girlfriend was voluptuous, and I had an overwhelming problem with premature ejaculation with her. The reason for it, however, was simply my level of excitement with her. I couldn't control my reflexes, in that sense.

Ideally, emotionally and spiritually gratifying sex would actually be one of the largest parts of my existence. I do truly believe that making love is probably the genuine apex of human experience; there isn't really anything we can do that is more intensely emotionally rewarding, that I know of.

Yet at 35, I have had a single sexual partner, and only lost my virginity at 26. I also consider it highly uncertain as to whether or not I will ever make love again. I've had to repress myself that much psychologically, that it has begun to manifest physically. I'm half bald at this point, and have experienced hair loss throughout the rest of my body, as well; I'm gradually becoming a eunich, physically...more and more testosterone deficient. I am extremely lonely at times, and I worry about reaching the end of my life feeling as though it has been empty, and that I have not really lived at all.

Feminism has caused some (although not all) women to become exceptionally cruel; and they are all the moreso because they maintain in their own minds, while doing so, that they are still victims and operate from a position of moral superiority.

To any women who read this thread, I can't adequately express the degree to which we as heterosexual men do need you; emotionally, physically, spiritually. I know a lot of you think that we need you a lot more than you need us; and you're probably correct in that respect. I think we do. I don't know what I could offer another partner, if I were to have one; I only really have my own need, and it is understandable for women not to be attracted to that.

It was only a few months before my relationship with my ex girlfriend ended, that I had my first vision of Kali Ma. I tend to think that the reason why Ma drew me to her, was because she knew that I had already spent most of my life alone, and was probably going to spend the rest of it that way, as well. I can not draw physical gratification from her, but my faith makes being alone much easier than it used to be. She is good to me, when sadly, some of her daughters have not been.

edit on 7-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join